HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I collect Star Wars, LOTR, Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Rambo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and upcoming from Sideshow, Jurassic Park and G.I. Joe, so I have to be selective. I almost didn't get a P2 but the pictures on here just got to me and I couldn't resist it.

Well, I collect Star Wars, LOTR, Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Rambo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and upcoming from Sideshow, Jurassic Park and G.I. Joe, so I have to be selective. I almost didn't get a P2 but the pictures on here just got to me and I couldn't resist it.

I am having a great bit of trouble controlling the urges Sean. I am glad you are able too. :lol

Well, I collect Star Wars, LOTR, Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Rambo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and upcoming from Sideshow, Jurassic Park and G.I. Joe, so I have to be selective.

LOL, that statement seems a little contradictory. (As in, you're collecting a heck of a lot of stuff, so you're not being selective in that sense.) I know what you mean though.

I sold my regular version of P2 for $150 assembled, theres no reason for me to have both the BD and regular especially when the P2 Diorama is on the verge of coming out also

Well, after a good deal of labor, worthwhile, he's as complete as can be until tomorrow, so here's a few quick ones, my first time ever owning or shooting a Predator collectible, and definitely a great way to break in. Part of me regrets not getting the V1 to enjoy this figure long ago, but the other part of me loves the bonus features of this one and is glad for my hesitance. I love the flaring mandibles for photos, and thankfully the BD is minimal. This figure is not only as cool as photos made me think he'd be, he's even better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Actually, after thinking about it i told the guy im not gonna sell my P2 original anymore. Something is telling me to keep it..
DAMN THIS DECISIVE NATURE I HAVE

Well, after a good deal of labor, worthwhile, he's as complete as can be until tomorrow, so here's a few quick ones, my first time ever owning or shooting a Predator collectible, and definitely a great way to break in. Part of me regrets not getting the V1 to enjoy this figure long ago, but the other part of me loves the bonus features of this one and is glad for my hesitance. I love the flaring mandibles for photos, and thankfully the BD is minimal. This figure is not only as cool as photos made me think he'd be, he's even better.

5.jpg

Well then, it sounds to me like you're glad you finally got one! They can be tricky to assemble, as you've already discovered, but if you take your time and remain patient, the payoff is well worth the effort. :rock:rock:rock

Btw, did you use the hair dryer when putting him together? Heating up the chest armor can make it a lot easier getting it fitted around his torso, and if you open the clasp in the front, it's somewhat easier to get the back closed. I usually close the back first and the front last. Then I hit the whole thing all around with the hair dryer to get a nice snug, uniform fit around the torso. When it all cools down again, it's much less likely to pop open while you're posing him.

Did you unbuckle the chest plate from the front or the back? ive seen people do one or the other i cant remember what i did id like to know for when mine arrives

Did you unbuckle the chest plate from the front or the back? ive seen people do one or the other i cant remember what i did id like to know for when mine arrives

I undid both the front and back. Makes it a lot easier to get the dang thing on and off, at least for me. Some people just put it on once and leave it that way, but I've removed and replaced mine quite a few times already for various reasons, so I wanted to simplify the process as much as possible.

I bet a lots of people wish the instructions were better, might actually save some of the breakage and other grief people have had putting them together. The standard instruction sheets are rudimentary at best , in fact they're really not all that much help except in a general way. The box photos are a better guide. Good thing we have forums with threads like this, so we can exchange ideas, suggestions and tips on putting these suckers together if we get stuck!

Well then, it sounds to me like you're glad you finally got one! They can be tricky to assemble, as you've already discovered, but if you take your time and remain patient, the payoff is well worth the effort. :rock:rock:rock

Btw, did you use the hair dryer when putting him together? Heating up the chest armor can make it a lot easier getting it fitted around his torso, and if you open the clasp in the front, it's somewhat easier to get the back closed. I usually close the back first and the front last. Then I hit the whole thing all around with the hair dryer to get a nice snug, uniform fit around the torso. When it all cools down again, it's much less likely to pop open while you're posing him.

Totally worth the wait and money, I love it and when I get his right wrist guard on I'll love him even more haha.

I didn't use a hair dryer. I think I lucked out. I soaked the shin guards in hot water for a little to soften them and the neck whole on the head to get it onto the peg, other than that all of the armor on his chest and hips went on fine as was. I did unclasp all the armor and worked on getting the back clips then the front clasp. I find the larger back clip to be the looser of the 2, which is funny because you'd think it was the stronger given it's size.

So did you boil the knee guards also Maul?

Nope, didn't have to, found a much easier solution. I followed the instructions and built the body before putting on the net, and as I was doing the knees it struck me, just pull the leg out, put the knee pad over the thigh stump, slip the calve into the net and lock it back into the leg and walla, no hastle at all.

Nice shots MF. I like this one in particular, the headsculpt looks great, especially with the flared mandibles.

Thanks, it really is an awesome sculpt and while I love the custom paint jobs I've seen, I think the factory paint is still pretty solid, much better than I anticipated it would be from HT's images and some of the in hand shots. Even the body proportions seem much less skewed out of what they should be in hand. I'm going to do more shots tonight once I get the blades onto his arm. I'm blown away at the functionality of the spear, that's some nice craftsmanship, and the detail and quality of the Alien skull is definitely above and beyond for an accessory.

Thanks, it really is an awesome sculpt and while I love the custom paint jobs I've seen, I think the factory paint is still pretty solid, much better than I anticipated it would be from HT's images and some of the in hand shots. Even the body proportions seem much less skewed out of what they should be in hand. I'm going to do more shots tonight once I get the blades onto his arm. I'm blown away at the functionality of the spear, that's some nice craftsmanship, and the detail and quality of the Alien skull is definitely above and beyond for an accessory.

Couldn't agree more, I think he looks great fresh from the box, but I'd be a fool not to see how freakin amazing people like Les can make him look with a bit of TLC in the paint apps.
Maulfan would it be OK with you if I link to some of your great shots from this thread in my review?

Couldn't agree more, I think he looks great fresh from the box, but I'd be a fool not to see how freakin amazing people like Les can make him look with a bit of TLC in the paint apps.
Maulfan would it be OK with you if I link to some of your great shots from this thread in my review?

Not at all, but if it works for you, I'd rather wait til my new shots come tonight, I don't know if you caught, I left the bladed gauntlet at my office so I didn't quite do the quality of shots I will with the completed figure tonight.

Are there any other europeans here like me who have preordered it from sideshow? I received a message two weeks ago saying that they would charge my credit card but they still haven't...
Should I contact them?:confused::confused:

I think I've been charged for the Elder already, but not for the Pred2 yet. Either way, I'm still waiting on both.

Back