"Interest Thread for Possible Run #2 for" 1/6 Jawa's Robe and Hood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates: I'm finishing some Jawas and upgrading weapons.

Recently I found a wood and metal crafted Lee Enfield. So as hard as it was I cut it up to upgrade may latest Jawa with a wood and metal ion blaster.

Bad ass SB..........:rock

P.S......love the little feng shui stand for the jawa........:lol

Thanks, Gents. I haven't finished the stand...need to put some wood putty on that base to make it look like sand.....but thought I would give it a grand presentation....haha.

The wood gun is awesome....just a tad smaller than the other in terms of the grip...but the bolt action works like a real gun, actually cocks the hammer and then you can literally pull the trigger.....barrel is hollow. It's just like a real gun.

So I take it you got your robes then? I just realized it was the two month payment-anniversary a few days ago and still no robes for me.

No robes for me, yet.

These updates were using old robes I never got around to using.

I updated the trigger hand as last hand was too big for the smaller gun..this hand can grip it. It was a pain to change the hand on this figure because I don't use pegs.

Nice! You bought two of them? Did you stain your wood rifles? Are you going to cut them down?

Sweet Georgia Brown!
Solo_bones that Jawa is sexier than the woman I married. If I had the money right now I'd pick up a set of robes! After seeing your creation SS can keep the crap their trying to push on us. All the best to you and your build... I want!

Lopie, make this run endless!

Nice! You bought two of them? Did you stain your wood rifles? Are you going to cut them down?

I haven't done anything to them yet. I'm picking up parts, bandoliers and stuff for the Jawas and maybe a couple of custom Tuskens. It depends what I can get without breaking the bank.

I'm thinking since it is wood i might try to very carefully sand the whole surface and then stain it to get a uniform color rather than trying to match the cut off grip part. Then maybe dirty them up later. I just learned that the Jawa gun actually used an Enfield grenade launcher so I tried to find one in 1/6 for authenticity but I don't know if there even is one. That might be a bit overkill compared to just gluing a piece of plastic pipe in the front.

Thanks, Weezer!! Damn, what a compliment....thanks so much, I'm trying to improve....it's so hard to get the robes just right and find the right sized bodies that can be cut, resculpted and tweaked to look like the Jawa's of 1977.

anwe, I used metal bits to replicate the grenade launcher, not perfect but at least it was metal and it worked. I just put a large plastic straw on the end to simulate the cap, as well as some plastic bits to be the molding around the barrel. The barrel goes through the entire wood stock, so be sure to cut way up as you can trim the barrel down later...better for it to be longer than shorter, for supporting the weight of the launcher.

Lopie, make this run endless!

You could almost say it is. You can get these robes on ebay: Star Wars Custom Cape Hood Only for Statue Jawa 1 6 New Nice | eBay
I bought one a couple of months ago. So they have been there a while. Be aware that the ones on ebay are the shorter versions.

The barrel goes through the entire wood stock, so be sure to cut way up as you can trim the barrel down later...better for it to be longer than shorter, for supporting the weight of the launcher.

Good to know, I planned to do a test cut first so I wouldn't mess the whole thing up but I might as well skip that then. I thought there might be a barrel under there that I could use for something else if I could salvage enough of it so that works out fine for me.

Yep, I saved the spare barrel as well. It's literally a barrel and the cocking mechanism and trigger even work.....incredible.

Anyone get their robes? I got an Emil from Daniela saying she won't make slightly larger robes because of patent infringement she has with the guy who made one fourth scale Jawas. My Jawas stand 7"....that's 1/6 scale.

I emailed her for payment and she asked for measurements, then shot down the measurements and said she couldn't do the size she made before.

She said she will do 1/6 scale......but i'm not sure what size the robes will be.

I finished the base, thinking of adding some fine sand to it, possibly another coat and sanding on the edges.

Back