"Interest Thread for Possible Run #2 for" 1/6 Jawa's Robe and Hood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent out PM's to everyone for payments and no one payed. So no robes.

Wot?

robes.jpg

I got the pm with the e-mail address and I payed via paypal. I didn't e-mail her or anything, I figured there was a deal made and she was expecting the money. I typed in a message with my address and what I had payed for and that it was payment for the Sideshowfreaks Jawa robe-deal.

Anyone get their robes? I got an Emil from Daniela saying she won't make slightly larger robes because of patent infringement she has with the guy who made one fourth scale Jawas. My Jawas stand 7"....that's 1/6 scale.

I would figure they were related having the same last name? :dunno

Wot?

View attachment 246892

I got the pm with the e-mail address and I payed via paypal. I didn't e-mail her or anything, I figured there was a deal made and she was expecting the money. I typed in a message with my address and what I had payed for and that it was payment for the Sideshowfreaks Jawa robe-deal.

I would figure they were related having the same last name? :dunno

I have Daniela make my robes. I guess Sandra is her daughter? I don't know....anyway, I sent my money to Daniela's paypal and Sandra responded that she would make them by end of next week.

I just didn't realize that we were supposed to make contact directly and work out all the details ourselves. Since the pm just said
Here is her Paypal address she is ready for payments
I thought I should just pay. The funny thing is I was worried I dragged the whole thing down being late since I was away the whole weekend and couldn't pay for a few days. :lol

I guess I will have to try to get the robes I payed for or my money back now. That will probably be easy..

I got my new robes...bigger than the last ones but I could use a better body and the larger hood look incredible!!!

WIP...but it's got all the articulation of a HT body:

I received my new robes the other day and the new hoods really compliment the robes perfectly....just the right size,

Looks great. Is that the way they will be made from here on out or was that robe size a custom request?

That was a custom request.....but it's a pretty good size....i would say closer to 1/6 that the original batch...

Son of a b...! That blaster just put your custom over the top. You did an amazing job with this project.

Thanks, Gents. The light up blaster was an idea that's been percolating for a few months....just finally had a reason to go for it. Feeling much happier with my leather work on the larger Jawa's....now that I know what material to use and a better method for consistency and weathering.

Thanks Chris. It's coming along nicely. Put some cloth around the feet and widened the foot so it's much more stable and ready for action:

I think I'm starting to dial this in a bit more. Here's another Jawa I am finishing...I reworked the hoods and made them chubbier.

After watching A New Hope I decided they weren't good enough.

Back