L/C BerPhan customs edit 12/24

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: C-Phan work on......

Is Plo wearing a regular robe or the one made specifically for him?

The c-phan capes/cloaks/robes are nice, I have a black cape for my Asajj but I do kinda like the Sideshow ones better in some ways. The stiff fabric Sideshow uses allows a certain amount of posing that you just don't get with the c-phan stuff which pretty much wants to just drape straight down. It takes some effort to get the Sideshow ones looking good but you have more options. I was even able to do a sort of "blowing in the wind" pose on Anakin's robe without the use of wires.

Sachiel : Anakin and Plo koon's robe comes from D-Art Studio
dedguy : I'm not really agree with the top quality of SST robes, the fabric is too thick and if you add the multiple layer of Jedis tunic, they look like tanks.
Leprechaun : here ya go.

Original Plo Koon

SST Plo Koon w/robe

Elevated neck Plo Koon w/D-Art Studio robe

Here the other issues with Plo Koon, the colors of is clothes, too light.
I switch the pants with Anakin (who, in the movie version, is lighter the SST version), and switch his tunic with Kit Fisto and dye it with darker brown.

Reference photo :

Comparison photos
left modified neck & clothes PLo Koon / right SST Plo Koon

I raise his neck because he looked dug into his multiple clothes to make him look closer to the film.

Last edited:

I meant "D-Art" not "C-Phan" all the hyphens and letters got mixed up in my head ;)

My issue with the D-Art robes is that you can't really do anything like this with them. Sure it takes some work (treating with water for example) to get the Sideshow robes to drape well but at the end of the day I think you can get more realistic drapery out of them. I think Plo-Koon is an exception in that the complexity of his robe works much better with the heavy drapey polyester(I think?) robes D-Art makes. I also like the cape I have on Asajj better because it's a cape, it's actually black, and it looks a bit more cartoony which works well for her.

I don't think you could get a D-Art robe to do anything similar to Anakin's robe here.
vader07.jpg

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just saying sometmes one thing is good and sometimes the other is. Just as not all 1/6 scale bodies are well suited for every application not all fabrics are suited for all applications. It also comes down to preference. I much prefer natural over artificial fabrics both in life and in 1/6.

Indeed, I have to admit, you did a pretty damn good job.
Just a little question, why did you change Anakin and Maul's boots ?

For posability's sake. Anakin's I plan on fixing up to actually look like his. Should just require some added strips of pleather/leather. The Sideshow boots offer no ankle movement which means any sort of pose outside of just standing there looks awkward.

After Plo Koon's review, it's now the turn of Kit Fisto to be uprade
First of all, repaint his face, SS have done a simplistic works with Kit's skin. They simply paint some peas all over his head and tentacles.

Reference photo :

left SST head / right repaint head :

Another trick, elevate his neck and switch his uniform with Plo Koon.

Reference photo :

left SST Kit Fisto / right modified neck with Plo Koon's tunic

After this little review, I'll move to 12" NECA King Leonidas

Wow! Kit looks great!
How do you do the elevated necks? That adds so very much to the figure!
Do tell!

:D

Man, Someone needs to do a closed mouth Kit mod, I like his look so much better with a stern closed mouth.

It doesn't look that hard to do. If you know what you're doing. ;)

C-Phan, did you do anything else to the head besides adding the blotches?

mrhatrulez : pull his head off and add something (in my case, the rubber protection from the electric cables) and complete it with Apoxie sculpt.
Shropt : Thanks dude, this is the ultimate compliment here.
Sachiel : Just repaint his face and gloss his eyes.

C-Phan... Love the Grievous-- could you explain what you did in this pic to his elbow joints? What are those?

step81ii4.jpg

Thanks Cocoboloboy
DarthNeil : About Grievous, cut off his elbow ball and replace them with Hot Toys wrist joint, put nails on each side and put them in the arms previously pierced. :rock2

Absolutely wonderful work C-Phan

Were you not worried about taking the heads of your sideshow figures ? Is there a special way to do it ?

These neck extentions, repaints and costume changes really make these figures into something really special

A keen eye to spot the flaws and masterful execution to make the necassary improvements I wouldnt have spotted those things in the first place !

Back