Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Just got my Sideshow shipping notice for Moria! :banana

went shopping at my local TRU to get some Star Wars figures....the kids there were putting out the LOTR LEGO stuff....It looked amazing.
Although the dude said they had it,i wanted the Gandalf with cart for my misses but they hadnt opened the cases yet...and i couldnt wait :(

Don't buy at TRU. Buy online (Barnes and noble has coupon, yo yo has coupons, or even lego.com)

To everyone in the UK still waiting for LOTR Lego to hit the stores: I've just had an email back from lego, stating that the retail dates have been pushed back to july or possibly august.
Don't know anymore than that at this time. Sorry for anyone waiting on that 23rd release date.
I'm a bit gutted myself :(

I never got my Moria set from Sideshow, despite the notices I received. So I called, and it turns out they couldn't fulfill all the orders. So rather than wait for them to get more, I had them cancel the order and I made another trip to Walmart! :yess:

Just a quick set-up of the Fellowship:

IMG_7422.jpg

Gotta find a screen grab of that scene to get everybody in the right place. :)

Great shot.

Frodo and Sam are over by Merry and Pippin to the left with Gandalf guarding them.

Strider is the the left of Balin's Tomb and Gimli.

Legolas is in the right place.

Boromir is to the right of Balins's Tomb and Gimli.

I was pretty obsessed with The Fellowship of the Ring for a few years. Knew/know everything right down to the placement of the heroes in Balin's tomb. :lol

The mines are one of the most iconic scenes in the film. Right up there with Amon Hen.

I hope they make an Amon Hen set with the seeing seat, archways, rubble and some of the vegetation. Maybe get an accurate Lurtz and some Amon Hen specific Uruk Hai. Could get some Fellowship heroes with lothlorien capes and maybe a boat or two as well.

I'm trying to find clear stands for mini figures. If I'm gonna keep them on display like that I'll need a stand for at least Gimli. Just looking at him wrong causes him to fall over and take a few others with him. :banghead

Anyone seen clear stands? I'll I can find are these:

$(KGrHqQOKp0E5bB,bF4+BOjPWgEOR!~~60_35.GIF

Which wouldn't look very nice on Balin's tomb.

Yeah Gimli is tipsy, especially with that big ass axe. Mine keeps falling off as well.

As far as stands go, I bought a grey lego flat base from Toys R Us. I placed the Moria door section, Balin's tomb, the side walkway and well on the base and it looks great on display. Might want to invest in that? It was like 12 or 15 bucks.

It was like this,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Grey-Lego-48-x-48-Dot-Base-Plate-15-x-15-Gray-/120939714965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c28919995

All of the minifigures can stand on it without the support of a base. I tried looking for clear bases but none came up.

Yeah Gimli is tipsy, especially with that big ass axe. Mine keeps falling off as well.

As far as stands go, I bought a grey lego flat base from Toys R Us. I placed the Moria door section, Balin's tomb, the side walkway and well on the base and it looks great on display. Might want to invest in that? It was like 12 or 15 bucks.

It was like this,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Grey-Lego-48-x-48-Dot-Base-Plate-15-x-15-Gray-/120939714965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c28919995

Excellent idea for displaying the whole works. :clap

I don't know If I'll keep any of the sets on display though. I have a feeling if I keep anything out permanently it will be the Balin's tomb/Fellowship display.

...will have to keep thinking of a solution for keeping Gimli up there.

I have every set except Helms Deep. Like you, I never had plans to display the sets but I made an exception with the Fellowship in Mines of Moria. I figure it's just one little set, it doesn't take up much space and looks great. The other sets I put in bins though. I really love the orc forge and weather top, fun, great builds but unfortunately I don't have anywhere to put them.

With my little Moria display, they're all set up on that grey plate along with the environment pieces. I have them set up like you do but with the cave troll and two orcs coming through the door.

I just stood Gimli next to his cousin Balin. I thought about securing him with some tack but he's fine standing right next to it.

Nvmd. I just measured and that Grey base plate wont fit.

There are different sizes. The one I bought wasn't 15x15 and it fit in a detolf.

They have black, blue, green, brown and obviously grey. Different sizes for each.

Also, not sure if you're interested but TRU is carrying an exclusive LOTR carrying case which also comes with a green base plate (it's a decent size). I didn't pick one up but there's also these cool "minifigure display cases". They look pretty nice and hold about 12 minifigures. Might display my Rohan, Uruks, Orcs and other minifigures that way.

Didn't realize there was so much lego stuff until I bought these LOTR sets.

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

IMG_7511.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

:gimli

Props to DiFabio for encouraging me to display this set whole with the Fellowship. Looks great topping my LOTR detolf.

IMG_7494.jpg

Amazingly, everybody stays standing with this set-up. The velvet I have on top of the cabinet seems to provide enough friction that the feet stay firmly planted. I really didn't think Gimli would stay put on Balin's tomb, but he doesn't even fall when I open and close the detolf door. :dunno

Anyway, awesome set! I'm not sure how I feel about all the weapons that are supposed to be littering the floor. It kind of clutters up the display, so I might remove them...

Back