Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Props to DiFabio for encouraging me to display this set whole with the Fellowship. Looks great topping my LOTR detolf.

IMG_7494.jpg

Yep, looks great Maglor. You stole my positioning of the display without me posting a single pic! Great job. Only thing I'd suggest is giving Gandalf a sword if you have an extra from one of the sets. Gandalf has gotta have Glamdring (sp?).

It really is a great display. A really nice way to showcase the LOTR legos without displaying all the sets. Fellowship in Moria sums it up. Glad you utilized it man.

Initially I thought about getting an extra set cheap on ebay (just the building set, which goes pretty low without minifigures) to have a second side wall. That was when it was on my desk. I'm glad I didn't go that route though because having them with the detolf with the "window"/" looking in at the heroes from the side" cutaway is so much better.

:goodpost:

I totally need to find a Glamdring.

The Nazgul come with swords, but they are a darker plastic. Same color as the orc weapons. That would bug me, I think...

There's speculation on Eurobricks that they are all part of a Bag End set since Bilbo is in his more casual clothes and there are no enemy figures.

If so expect it to be a door, table and maybe a wall but sadly not a Bag End as many MOC collectors have made over the years. Although, they could pull a UCS type set of the hat and charge big bucks for a more complete version of the set. Fingers crossed, these rocks by the way. I can't imagine a more exciting and better time to collect Tolkien stuff than right now.

Back