Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Elrond minifig as a videogame ore-order incentive

RD0S4.jpg

Will the characters have voices in the Lego video game or simple grunts and groans like the other Lego games?

Will the characters have voices in the Lego video game or simple grunts and groans like the other Lego games?

They are using the voice tracks from the films.

Those are cool alright, but it was both clever and annoying that they splitted those main characters between different boxes. I would have been so nice to have one Fellowship of the ring box with all the main characters.

So far I have two versions of Frodo, Merry, Gandalf and Aragorn.

Yeah, Lego likes to milk their collectors more than HT :lol You pretty much need to buy all of the sets to get all of the characters you want.

those display cases are awesome. going to pick up some to do the same thing for the lotr figures. bag end looks pretty awesome also.

I don't see it at game stop or amazon. It's probably a EU thing like the troll figure with war in the north.

Yeah, so far is an EU Amazon thing, but I imagine we'll get it from somone here in the USA too. But then again, this is LEGO, the master of screwing collectors over with imposisble to get exclusives :lol

They do things wacky for sure. They had a bilbo baggins figure from the hobbit at sdcc that you had to be a part of their club to even know about.

yeah, it's definitely worth being part of their club. mainly i just prepare to dish out the $ for some of the minifigs. and that elrond is pretty flipping sweet.

Those are cool alright, but it was both clever and annoying that they splitted those main characters between different boxes. I would have been so nice to have one Fellowship of the ring box with all the main characters.

So far I have two versions of Frodo, Merry, Gandalf and Aragorn.

Yeah. With the exception of Moria, I'm gonna sell off the bricks.

I had to have the whole Fellowship though so it was damn smart marketing.

those display cases are awesome. going to pick up some to do the same thing for the lotr figures.

:hi5:

Great way to showcase them imo!

I'd love an Isildur vs Sauron set.

A gandalf the white minifigure is my biggest figure want though. With Mount doom set being the most desired set

Hilarious to see this anti-Lego commentary on a SS board where people are so protective of SS's right to make money as a business ;) Of course Lego knows people want a complete Fellowship and will make you buy as many sets as possible to get it. For those new to Lego collecting, welcome to the jungle, its fun in here.

Oh I don't think anyone's being anti-Lego. I aost bought some sets this morning but then I remembered I have to pay $500 to fix my car.

Yeah, didn't see anything anti-LEGO.

Like I said, smart marketing.

Lego has always spaced out set so that you have to buy more than one to complete something.

About the only real complete set is the Death Star and that has a healthy price tag.

Overall, I find the LOTR Legos to be some of their best work.

Back