Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

guys im a 33 year old man and im seriously tempter to buy these sets but somethign inside me is saying its bad enough you collect statues but lego is taking the piss!!! but it looks awesome help me out guys??????

I would do it. I'm an adult and I collect a number of Lego items without any concern over if I'm too old or if they're too kiddy. Lego makes alot of licenses that have semi-adult themes - sure thy dial them down to appeal to everyone but, Star Wars, LOTR, PotC are all PG-13 movies. It's not like we're dealing with pure kiddy Disney stuff here.

Also, I always recommend buying Legos if you want them, but after a given set gets discontinued, they usually jump in price on the secondary market. LOTR will only big going with the Hobbit push, so some of this stuff might become pricey as time goes by.

Could you post where this is at please?

If you mean which store will have the Elrond minifigure promo, the general consensus is that it will be a GameStop PO exclusive. Just like the recent Lex Luther.

guys im a 33 year old man and im seriously tempter to buy these sets but somethign inside me is saying its bad enough you collect statues but lego is taking the piss!!! but it looks awesome help me out guys??????

I'm 34. :wave

:rock i'm just glad you posted about the cases. don't know how i missed them.

:hi5:

The funny thing is that I have my 1/6 scale Sideshow figures posed the way you described, but didn't think to match the minifigs that way. :slap

Hahahah Malgor is 34 I aint feeling so bad now ha I got the shelobs cave set and its a cool little set I aint bought lego in yearssss but tend to be the one loving to build my nephews kits at birthdays and christmas haha

I'm 34. :wave

:hi5:

The funny thing is that I have my 1/6 scale Sideshow figures posed the way you described, but didn't think to match the minifigs that way. :slap

i was at target yesterday and picked up a couple of sets and the check out lady was like, 'your kids are going to be happy today' and i was like, 'ummmm, sure.'

Last edited:

Jay
clap.png
Now I have the whole Fellowship and some extra figures. Luckily I didn't have to pay that much to get all of them.

Now I would need to have more ringwraiths. There are actually lots of nice figures in that line. Riders of Rohan are also cool and you could use them as some kind of generic viking era warriors as well.

I've got all these coming and I'm pumped but has anyone added a second Uruk army set to Helms deep?. I'm wanting to but just wanted to see some pics.

About time they got that Elrond up! Since he's exclusive to Amazon overseas I was really hoping Amazon USA would get him instead of gamestop. Oh well. I had to use gamestop to get Lex Luthor earlier this year, I suppose I can suck it up for Elrond :)

That's who my PO is through so I was glad to see that but if it had been Amazon that would have been ok since I have prime with free shipping.

Yeah, I can't turn down a free figure but I am so excited to play this game.

I'm conflicted. Around that time I will have a number of games I will be into, so normally I'd let this one go alittle bit and catch it a few months down the line for $40 or less. But the Elrond is tempting. Now, there's no real set where he's applicable to just yet (no opening LOTR sequence sets, for example), so he's not urgent. Plus, with Lego he may appear in a slightly different form later, so I might be able to pass for now.

I'm conflicted. Around that time I will have a number of games I will be into, so normally I'd let this one go alittle bit and catch it a few months down the line for $40 or less. But the Elrond is tempting. Now, there's no real set where he's applicable to just yet (no opening LOTR sequence sets, for example), so he's not urgent. Plus, with Lego he may appear in a slightly different form later, so I might be able to pass for now.

I know! Resident Evil 6 on Oct 2, Dishonored on Oct 9th...and this Oct 30?

Going to be a busy month. :lol

I know! Resident Evil 6 on Oct 2, Dishonored on Oct 9th...and this Oct 30?

Going to be a busy month. :lol

Plus, Borderlands 2 in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll still be knee-deep in that game by the end of Oct.

But he'll likely fetch $50 alone after he's gone. And you know they'll probably have an opening sequence set at Toy Fair and he'll be the one key figure from it missing :lol

All of those other games don't have physical exclusives do they? DLC can be DL'd later right? :wink1: You can't DLC a figure.

But he'll likely fetch $50 alone after he's gone. And you know they'll probably have an opening sequence set at Toy Fair and he'll be the one key figure from it missing :lol

All of those other games don't have physical exclusives do they? DLC can be DL'd later right? :wink1: You can't DLC a figure.

I see your point, though all the rumors of the next Tolkien Lego sets indicate that LOTR might only get two sets per wave and The Hobbit will get the rest. Since Lego only does two waves per year, this could mean very minimal LOTR sets.

Plus, I have trouble with the idea that Lego might want to pursue a scene like that - there's very little to expand upon it. Bascially, it would just be the battle of Elves/Men against Mordor with a couple of hero characters, like Isildur and Sauron; but not much in the way of a set. There's only so much you could add to a battlefield and with the Lego sets being based off the movie and that scene being just an open field (sure, with cliffs and terrain), I just can't see it being done. Lego makes alot of "building" sets and not so much open items like that.

Lego would find some way to expand it, even if it was a smaller set. There is always the crack of doom option with Sauron, Issildur, and some other random figures thrown in for value's sake. Lego isn't ever 100% faithful to sets/characters appearing in those sets. I mean Gandalf really should have been in the Mines set since they even included Balin's journal for him :duh

I just figure, better to be safe than sorry. And for the price of buying Elrond seperately, $20 for a game isn't a bad deal ;)

I've just entered a dark and dangerous territory. I ordered all 6 sets available for the LOTR Lego sets online at Sideshow, and used my reward points.
I don't know whether I'm :gah::gah:
or :clap:yess::hi5:

right now. :lol:lol

Back