Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Yeah, there is no anti-lego thing going on. Like I said; clever marketing, but a bit annoying. Though lucky me, I just got Pippin, Gimli, Boromir and Legolas from net auction. Some lego enthusiast had bought many Moria sets and he was selling extra figures. And the price was rather reasonable.

I was thinking about doing that searching eBay to get the figures instead of buying all the sets.

yeah, if you can keep on top of the auctions there are some pretty good deals for the minifigs.

got my mini-fig display boxes today. the fellowship looks pretty cool in them. also picked up several of the monster hunter sets today and they are awesome.

if you scroll back a couple of pages maglor posted shots of his fellowship in the display boxes. mine are pretty much set up the exact same except i put frodo and sam with gandalf and aragorn with legolas and gimli.

Pics seen, thanks ;) Bought Gandalf Arrives, Mines of Moria, Attack on Weathertop, Shelob Attacks sets to complete fellowship. I might also display them like that :gollum:

if you scroll back a couple of pages maglor posted shots of his fellowship in the display boxes. mine are pretty much set up the exact same except i put frodo and sam with gandalf and aragorn with legolas and gimli.

Good thinking. I'll have to try that. :)

guys im a 33 year old man and im seriously tempter to buy these sets but somethign inside me is saying its bad enough you collect statues but lego is taking the piss!!! but it looks awesome help me out guys??????

dooooo it! :lol

lego in general is great...lotr lego is like plastic crack. the sets are a ton of fun and the lego mini-fig fellowship is just all kinds of awesome.

Pics seen, thanks ;) Bought Gandalf Arrives, Mines of Moria, Attack on Weathertop, Shelob Attacks sets to complete fellowship. I might also display them like that :gollum:

all of those sets are a lot of fun. i think moria is my favorite lotr set. lots of cool mini-figs and the cave troll is a beast. weathertop would be up there also (just needs to be bigger imo)

Good thinking. I'll have to try that. :)

:rock i'm just glad you posted about the cases. don't know how i missed them.

I might have to :) what cases are you talking about? is it too display them?

dooooo it! :lol

lego in general is great...lotr lego is like plastic crack. the sets are a ton of fun and the lego mini-fig fellowship is just all kinds of awesome.

all of those sets are a lot of fun. i think the mines is my favorite lotr set although weathertop would be up there also (just needs to be bigger imo)

:rock i'm just glad you posted about the cases. don't know how i missed them.

yeah, if you scroll back a couple of pages maglor posted some great pics of the new modular mini-fig display cases/boxes with his fellowship in them.

guys im a 33 year old man and im seriously tempter to buy these sets but somethign inside me is saying its bad enough you collect statues but lego is taking the piss!!! but it looks awesome help me out guys??????

Same here, and I'm "only" 21. I though I had to make a cut here and not buy them otherwise I could start collecting everything with a LotR stamp on it..

Just wait until LOTR/ Hobbit lego video game comes out...lol

Same here, and I'm "only" 21. I though I had to make a cut here and not buy them otherwise I could start collecting everything with a LotR stamp on it..

yeah, i'm the same except i cut some other stuff and went with lego. plus, being able to play with them with my kids is a big factor.

Elrond minifig as a videogame ore-order incentive

RD0S4.jpg

Could you post where this is at please?

Go for it and don't look back. Lego is another universe and the "nerds" in Lego collecting are the MOC guys, technically you are just an AFOL (which is never plural) :)

Back