LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

YEESSSSS, so very good chance at getting a Hicks head after all. Please put me down Les when you get to a new batch.

awesome stuff Les. The fact that things are looking up for you is so exciting to me.

So kind about the Hicks heads guys. Really. Thanks.

Note: Due to the immense amount of both work, and Ma related issues this coming week, I am gonna stay away from the computer except to email those I am mailing out to this week. So, don't fret if you don't see posts or get calls from me for a while. I will get back to those wanting newly solicited Hicks heads, later, when I can and such (THANKS FOR THAT! Really. Thanks. Hope I can do more later!), but right now, all my energies are focused on both work at hand, all heads and figures, and family issues, which I have pretty well laid out. No secrets there...

So, keep on rockin' guys, and thanks those that enjoy my works. Special thanks to Jedi Mike for making me smile this week with your total love for the Hicks head (Cool armor work there too, buddy! Looks good!). You really filled my heart with your kind words. THanks to all you others too of course! I just know Mike, the man has a lot of heart, and his enthused words fueled me in many ways. Appreciated my friend.

Be back later in the week. Must work only and see to Ma.

Hope the Oscars are fun. I will most likely have my back to them tonight, as I paint, but I will stop for the Best Supporting Actor award time...I have great expectations there...otherwise! CHEERS all!
To staying the course!
:duff

Til next open update, look for those shipping emails ye who will receive them!
(And my sale when I can ever get to it! Soon I hope! :banghead )

Les

Thanks to you Les for that "shout out" to me. I could gush on and on about the perfect Hicks head I got from you all night. But I won't. :eek: I am happy to make you happy my friend. You deserve some joy. I'll be watching your threads in your absence this week Les. You know you're amoung friends and in "good hands" here sir! :bow

"VBR"!

Mike

I got my Hicks this afternoon, thanks, Les. The overall piant job is great esp the eyes and is an inspiration to me on how to do my own. It looks great on the fig - check out my pics!! More in my sig, folks!

Aliensguests170.jpg
Aliensguests174.jpg

Aliensguests177.jpg
Aliensguests164.jpg

Oh man...Me likey very much...
Les, are you planning on more Hick's? I'm desperate for one if you are...

No worries Tay, your's is soon! VERY soon! Great pics Nicky! Thanks for those. I am glad you got him at long last! Enjoy my friend!

Edit: Wanderer, AFTER I get all the other work I have caught up, I will reopen the Hicks doors once more at least. And I promise a faster turnaround when I do! LOL! Nicky, PM sent.

Aliensguests174.jpg

Awesome hicks man, unreal paint job! Who's the dude Hicks is standing behind in this pic? :D

Really makes me wish Hot Toys could deliver on a quality Ripley for the ALIEN line, the ALIENS portrait is close with a solid repaint, but there's so much character in Weaver's face, especially the emotion in the Aliens franchise, it'd be nice to have at least one solid portrait of her, and ideally with a "wig" so casts could be made of the face and Aliens custom heads could be made, or at least more easily, I'm sure someone could take an ALIEN version and trim down the hair but probably a lot of work.

Edit: Wanderer, AFTER I get all the other work I have caught up, I will reopen the Hicks doors once more at least. And I promise a faster turnaround when I do! LOL! Nicky, PM sent.

Les thats awesome...my target is to own at least one of your pieces before i quit this game and this HAS to be it! Hope i don't miss the boat. STUNNING JOB

Really makes me wish Hot Toys could deliver on a quality Ripley for the ALIEN line, the ALIENS portrait is close with a solid repaint, but there's so much character in Weaver's face, especially the emotion in the Aliens franchise, it'd be nice to have at least one solid portrait of her, and ideally with a "wig" so casts could be made of the face and Aliens custom heads could be made, or at least more easily, I'm sure someone could take an ALIEN version and trim down the hair but probably a lot of work.

I'm patiently waiting for Darren to unleash his Ripley on all of us! :D

Whoa, I actually thought that Hicks was a real person for a second, I had to do a double take. Great job Les, the return of the king!!!

AFTER I get all the other work I have caught up, I will reopen the Hicks doors once more at least. Nicky, PM sent.
Les, you you have any unpainted heads I could get from you? If not now then when the next batch is up. I love the sculpt and would like another for my Reese. PM sent.

Who's the dude Hicks is standing behind in this pic? :D
That's the 3rd time someone has commented on my Ripley head (from Lonnie) on it's likeness. Is it the sculpt or my painting that is doing it?

The sculpt. The paintwork is fine. The sculpt (imo) looks nothing like Sigourney Weaver/Ripley. Looks more like post-op-surgery Michael Jackson. Since you can paint I'm wondering why you never attempted to repaint the stock head!? You can see the difference with a new paint job ala Les and his Ripley repaint. But yeah, it's the sculpt that's off imo.

Yeah, it's the sculpt.
I concur with D666, a repainted HT Rips is way more accurate.

No worries Nicky. It't not your paint work, it's the head. I got one to use on my powerloader Rip, and after a day, changed it back.
Hang in there. Your paint looks good. Just get Hick's arms up to speed and he will be about right. :rock

The more pics of Hicks I see, the more impatient I get to have mine in hand!
And I haven't seen much love for Hudson, surely there's more Hudson's than just mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back