LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

I'd just buy a new neck. You can get one that works from Good Stuff to Go for a song: https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/body_product1.asp?ItemID=18257
But that link is for a Dragon neck plug, not HT? Do they fit eachother? :confused:

After I get the Hicks head, the first "straight-outta-the-movie" poses/pics I'll take will be Hicks showing Ripps how to use the pulse rifle and the classic EAT THIS! And also Hicks carring Hudson from the hive, It's gonna be so "badasssss, man - I mean big!"

Last edited:

So happy to read of your excitement guys. Thanks for that. I just hope they are worth it for each of you after all this wait.

Not mailing out today due to a messed up stomach. Ate some fried food at a local "country" style restaurant, and, well, still getting over it. Was all night. I don't think I'll eat much fried again. Getting too old for it I guess. Something.

Anyway, mailouts tomorrow I hope, and a larger list perhaps as well, so it all will work out better. Got more money in hand for mailouts so I can send more now.

Painting, packing and as one member reminds me, taking any address updates I can. Email me, all those who have my address, if you need to update your new mailing addy since we last spoke. I will make sure it is saved in my client info.
Please do that asap if you have moved, so I don't mail out too many before knowing it. I will mail tomorrow and as many days after as I can.
Still painting of course, so some days I just won't get out. I will inform you when I do, pronto, as I did before.
Busy weeks to come. :banana

Not much else to report here, so I am back to it.
Thanks again and look for lots more pics soon too.

If time allows, I may post some random figures I finished at last in mid 2008 that I never have photographed. Stuff I need to put on my website one day. Talk about your late stuff, I have a three year old SHADOW figure I still need only a red scarf and inner lining for his jacket, to post him. Three years he is not done. Small parts on many of them. They are all mine though, so I have to wait on most personal stuff. (You should see the drawers full of unfinished figures I have been wanting to get back to...you guys may end up with some of them if I ever finish them anyway! :lol I've forgotten why I started some of them...)
I will post a DK Gordon soon though, as I finished him to help Spencer sell his head, and a few more classic characters that were easy fixes. None are 09 work, so look for them in the other work thread.

Back to work! And look for that long announced sale this weekend if I can get to it.

Les out.

Greetings Les Walker.

So happy to read of your excitement guys. Thanks for that. I just hope they are worth it for each of you after all this wait.

Not mailing out today due to a messed up stomach. Ate some fried food at a local "country" style restaurant, and, well, still getting over it. Was all night. I don't think I'll eat much fried again. Getting too old for it I guess. Something.

Anyway, mailouts tomorrow I hope, and a larger list perhaps as well, so it all will work out better. Got more money in hand for mailouts so I can send more now.

Painting, packing and as one member reminds me, taking any address updates I can. Email me, all those who have my address, if you need to update your new mailing addy since we last spoke. I will make sure it is saved in my client info.
Please do that asap if you have moved, so I don't mail out too many before knowing it. I will mail tomorrow and as many days after as I can.
Still painting of course, so some days I just won't get out. I will inform you when I do, pronto, as I did before.

If time allows, I may post some random figures I finished at last in mid 2008 that I never have photographed. Stuff I need to put on my website one day. Talk about your late stuff, I have a three year old SHADOW figure I still need only a red scarf and inner lining for his jacket, to post him. Three years he is not done. Small parts on many of them. They are all mine though, so I have to wait on most personal stuff. (You should see the drawers full of unfinished figures I have been wanting to get back to...you guys may end up with some of them if I ever finish them anyway! :lol I've forgotten why I started some of them...)
I will post a DK Gordon soon though, as I finished him to help Spencer sell his head, and a few more classic characters that were easy fixes. None are 09 work, so look for them in the other work thread.

Back to work! And look for that long announced sale this weekend if I can get to it.

Les out.

Can I buy one from you? Please?
I'm really interested in this sculpt. Thanks.

Hey Les, awesome work as always :rock

Will you be doing anymore Ripley's from Alien 3? Absolutely love your custom of this figure.

CM87, any new Hicks heads will have to wait until I am totally caught up with the list on page one of this thread. Got lots to work through, so do bear with me. I will not be making any more Superman figures (heads or paints maybe) and no more Ledger Joker heads when I am finally done with all those, but Hicks heads and others will possibly be available from me again someday. I will try to keep you in mind. Noted.

Darkchylde80, not sure. I may be making some again sometime. Thanks for the kind words and look for the new display pics of my HT Alien 3 Dragon marauding my custom Rip soon. Thanks.

More news soon! Stay tuned!

Can't wait to see what you have in store Les! Hope your moms doing okay too

CM87, any new Hicks heads will have to wait until I am totally caught up with the list on page one of this thread. Got lots to work through, so do bear with me. I will not be making any more Superman figures (heads or paints maybe) and no more Ledger Joker heads when I am finally done with all those, but Hicks heads and others will possibly be available from me again someday. I will try to keep you in mind. Noted.

Darkchylde80, not sure. I may be making some again sometime. Thanks for the kind words and look for the new display pics of my HT Alien 3 Dragon marauding my custom Rip soon. Thanks.

More news soon! Stay tuned!

Looks like I missed it. Will it be months? I sent you a message through your email. My name is included in it. Will I be included on you next list? Thanks.
:monkey2

Les out.

How do I get included on your next list for purchasing the Hicks sculpt? I sent you a message before I went to sleep yesterday to your email listed on your website with my name included.

How do I get included on your next list for purchasing the Hicks sculpt? I sent you a message before I went to sleep yesterday to your email listed on your website with my name included.
You just need to wait till he announces his next batch "someday". He's done about so many of them lately they he needs to probably take a break from Hicks for a while. Just keep an eye out on this section of the forum.

You just need to wait till he announces his next batch "someday". He's done about so many of them lately they he needs to probably take a break from Hicks for a while. Just keep an eye out on this section of the forum.

So, I just need to keep up with this thread? If he does announce it, where will he? Cause I didn't see any announcement from him this time.

So, I just need to keep up with this thread? If he does announce it, where will he? Cause I didn't see any announcement from him this time.

it was quite a few months since the lat announcement of the Hicks heads but Les came accross some personal problems so it has taken him longer to ship these ones. If he does make another run he will most likely announce it in this custom section or in the for sale section then you simply have to get on the list.

He'll probably announce it here. and for what it's worth if i remember correctly he has said a handful of different times that he is done with hicks (at least for a while) and so far each time he's come back and made more which is a fantastic thing and the world of 1/6 aliens is a much better place because of it.

I had one in person for quite a while and no matter how long you wait for it whether for the opportunity to get on the list or for it to be painted it is worth it. the only down side is that hicks then makes the rest of the figures look bad because they just can't compete.

He'll probably announce it here. and for what it's worth if i remember correctly he has said a handful of different times that he is done with hicks (at least for a while) and so far each time he's come back and made more which is a fantastic thing and the world of 1/6 aliens is a much better place because of it.

I had one in person for quite a while and no matter how long you wait for it whether for the opportunity to get on the list or for it to be painted it is worth it. the only down side is that hicks then makes the rest of the figures look bad because they just can't compete.

but hicks is the best anyway so its perfect. :monkey3:lol

You guys! Thanks.
And thanks Superdoug. That is cool of ya. I didn't know you got rid of your's! You may have mentioned it, but I missed it. Thanks for the plug anyway.
And Nicky, LOVE that banner pic man! Love it! We are about to fix that one head are we not???

CM87, not meaning to lose you bro, just been REALLY tied up with stuff for the last couple of days. I have a seriously full schedule and to be where I want to be, by April 15th, which is my absolute latest, end of the end cutoff date, as in ALL old work will be DONE by that date, is hard enough, especially since I am trying for March 31st anyway...means I may can do ONE more Hicks in there somewhere, but for me to know now, when I may do another run of the heads, is almost impossible at this point.

When I am caught up, I can schedule so much more then. Sorry to make you or anyone else wait, but hey, LOOK AT THESE GUYS! To say they have waited for their stuff is an understatement! LOL! So, hang with me. IF I can work ONE more in, I will, but no promises. After April 15th, different story.

And so you know why I am putting off new commissions, other than the obvious catching up and shipping out, is so I can go to the 09 TOY FX show in Orlando with a clear conscience and a clean slate. I have big plans after that date, newer commissions notwithstanding, so hang in there.

Again, if I can...I will add one, but I can't promise that yet.
You are down for one, if I restart any more later anyway. You are first. Then, if I do more, I will do only 10 tops. THAT's IT! And for that month only also.
That is more likely at this point.

I very much appreciate your wanting one. I hope you still will later. I will be here.

Better news shipout wise tomorrow guys. Thanks for letting me get past a rough day with Ma. THAT stuff is detailed in the sticky thread, so let's move on.
Info tomorrow! :rock
ROLL 'EM OUT!

All,

Just got my Hicks head and boy, if you need to wait 1yr , 5yrs wait for it !! It is worth the wait and I might also want to add I also did wait sometime but Les as he has said so many times will come through. I will try to post my Hicks and Apone and you will see what I mean .Cheers

You guys! Thanks.
And thanks Superdoug. That is cool of ya. I didn't know you got rid of your's! You may have mentioned it, but I missed it. Thanks for the plug anyway.
And Nicky, LOVE that banner pic man! Love it! We are about to fix that one head are we not???

CM87, not meaning to lose you bro, just been REALLY tied up with stuff for the last couple of days. I have a seriously full schedule and to be where I want to be, by April 15th, which is my absolute latest, end of the end cutoff date, as in ALL old work will be DONE by that date, is hard enough, especially since I am trying for March 31st anyway...means I may can do ONE more Hicks in there somewhere, but for me to know now, when I may do another run of the heads, is almost impossible at this point.

When I am caught up, I can schedule so much more then. Sorry to make you or anyone else wait, but hey, LOOK AT THESE GUYS! To say they have waited for their stuff is an understatement! LOL! So, hang with me. IF I can work ONE more in, I will, but no promises. After April 15th, different story.

And so you know why I am putting off new commissions, other than the obvious catching up and shipping out, is so I can go to the 09 TOY FX show in Orlando with a clear conscience and a clean slate. I have big plans after that date, newer commissions notwithstanding, so hang in there.

Again, if I can...I will add one, but I can't promise that yet.
You are down for one, if I restart any more later anyway. You are first. Then, if I do more, I will do only 10 tops. THAT's IT! And for that month only also.
That is more likely at this point.

I very much appreciate your wanting one. I hope you still will later. I will be here.

Better news shipout wise tomorrow guys. Thanks for letting me get past a rough day with Ma. THAT stuff is detailed in the sticky thread, so let's move on.
Info tomorrow! :rock
ROLL 'EM OUT!

It's okay, Les. Thanks for letting me know. And trust me, I will want one. Lol! Will I be messaging you after April 15th or will I be on a waitlist just in case you make more that is?

I did not know you were going through difficult times, as I just read right now. Hopefully everything gets better for you and your family.

Guys, I just GOTTA post one picture of the AWESOME Les Walker "spikey-haired" Hicks here! I hope you don't mind Les. I did just post 10 pictures of it in your old thread tonight too. Wow, I love it! Take a look!

IMG_4013.jpg

Okay...one more...Sorry Les...I can't help it!

IMG_4038.jpg

:D

The Hicks head sculpt in my signature icon below is the repainted "Stoner" head I repainted. Not even half as nice as the one Les has done. Stoner went "bye-bye". Replaced now with Les's great head sculpt that I got in the mail yesterday.

One more...last one...I just took of Hicks standing next to my monitor. In the light of the monitor...just for fun!

IMG_4128.jpg

Last edited:

You guys! Thanks.

Yeah, we emailed about it at the time because I felt real bad having to let it go (and wasn't going to do it unless you gave permission) a bunch of medical expenses and emergencies came up and we also had our second child on the way so I had to get rid of a lot to cover extra expenses which ment dropping the alien line.
To date the Darren Aragorn I have and the Les Hicks I had are the two best 1/6 figures I've ever held (of course a third will probably be added to that list when you get all caught up and since that is from one of my two favorite lines it should be safe for life :chew).

Guys, I just GOTTA post one picture of the AWESOME Les Walker "spikey-haired" Hicks here! I hope you don't mind Les. I did just post 10 pictures of it in your old thread tonight too. Wow, I love it! Take a look!

IMG_4013.jpg

Okay...one more...Sorry Les...I can't help it!

IMG_4038.jpg

:D

The Hicks head sculpt in my signature icon below is the repainted "Stoner" head I repainted. Not even half as nice as the one Les has done. Stoner went "bye-bye". Replaced now with Les's great head sculpt that I got in the mail yesterday.

One more...last one...I just took of Hicks standing next to my monitor. In the light of the monitor...just for fun!

IMG_4128.jpg

I don't get tired of seeing Les' fantastic work on Hicks, makes me want mine all the more!
Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back