LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

Glad to see your back Les, I'm looking forward to seeing the Bale heads :naughty

Bump..

Outta Respect for THE MASTER. :D

Master. Oh Pjam! :eek: Thanks bro. There are a lot more masters here than there used to be, I ain't the only one, that's for sure! :D

Quick update all.
I promised not to post much about family in this thread, so I will keep this brief.
Today is Ma's 72nd Birthday. I gave her a small DVD player and some movies that I had that she liked, so that seemed to please her. That's the good news.
Bad news is, she fell yesterday, and hurt her hips and rib, no breaks or fractures there, but did fracture her right arm in two places. So, no fun on Ma's birthday for me.

Please make note that this will not stop me or mess up my groove on all fronts as it did so often in 08, as I am kinda buffered now with a great staff at the nursing home to care for her, and a better sense of security for her and my own peace of mind, AND I am in a serious work groove now too. That makes a huge difference. So, work won't suffer as badly. Might delay some ship outs for a day, but not much more.

Look for updates soon guys. Can't keep me down now! Not when I am making real progress! :rock

Les

Sorry to here about your Mom falling again Les, but I hope she had a happy birthday regardless.

Just keep plugging away my friend. Don't look back. You're in your GROOVE now, and you gotta keep it going. :banana

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's accident. But I am happy to hear that she's got a good support system now. We got my Dad a portable DVD player so he could use it when he does kidney dialysis for for hours at a time, three times a week. He loves it. I'm sure your Mom is enjoying her player like my Dad does.

I can't wait to see your big update...and your next sale too! :D

All posts regarding yesterday's situation have been moved to the "Les' Backlog" thread. From now on, if anyone has anything they want to vent about or questions for Les regarding late commissions... please respond in that thread and NOT this one.

This thread was created by Les to be a positive environment, to post new shots of outgoing work and to keep his customers updated. Please keep it free from any comments about lateness or whatever.

Again, I understand the frustrations.. but from now on.. communicate via PM's and not air out dirty laundry in public on the forums. :lecture

Thanks Josh.

Yo people! Les mailed me that my hudson and hicks heads are on the way!
hopefully i will receive them very soon!

You bet!

Here are the few of you I shipped out to so far: (All have been emailed shipping info - please look for a list of these mentioned in the first posts in this thread also)

All SHHicks heads shipped today or before today:
YMBA!
MY LORD
NICKY
MML
ONEYE
JEDIMIKE
PREDATORJE + your Hudson
and a member who's site name I don't have in records. (May be an offsite customer)

THere are way more SHH heads to ship out for sure, this is just a trickle and some of the international ones also, so hang on! I have some with more heads in their sets also to ship, so those will go out with them and be posted too. One or two above may have Joker heads to come, but I opted to get ALL the Hicks head shipped first.
Thanks.

More to come.

This is exciting news!! I got my email just now from Les about this. How long does it take to get to Ireland? 14 days?

really looking forward to these being shipped and then going on to my rather expectant bodies :chew will then just need Newt to set them off......hurray..:banana

great work as ever Les, I will need to think about my repaints for 2009 now.

This is exciting news!! I got my email just now from Les about this. How long does it take to get to Ireland? 14 days?

I would imagine it to be something like that.
Conrgats man . :rock

One other quick comment regarding the shipping end of things.
Please note, that when I have shipped out a head or figure to you guys, I do not take personal responsibility of it while it is in the care of the US Postal Service! If it takes a few more days than the ones you guys think it should, BLAME THEM and not me. I have already had a member make somewhat threatening overtures to me if a mailed item doesn't reach them within the time frame they think it should.
I mailed out quite a few items before this President's day holiday weekend, and one member has quizzed me daily, Sunday and Monday included, as to why their item hasn't reached them yet. Things like that are out of my control. At least let them get it to you.

If after two work weeks time you don't recieve your item, ok, let me know so I can try again. But please, with all else I have on my plate, accepting responsibility for what a government institution does with the product while it is in route, is not, and cannot be my responsibility. That's just plain impossible. If I could afford overnight shipping to all, I would! Believe me! I want these to you too!
I hope all that makes sense. Best I can do. Needed to be said.

Thanks and please let me know when you get your stuff. Now, it means more to me now than ever.

Les

I agree with Les. He has NO control over how long it takes the postal service, or any other carrier (U.P.S., Federal Express, etc.) to get packages from the sender to the one receiving it. As he said once it's in their mail system...it's out of his hands. Common sense guys. :rolleyes: He can't speed up time, force the carriers to work faster, make them get it to the receiver faster, and so on. It just can't happen. Once Les has shipped them, it now goes into the control of the carriers and its employees to get the package to you.

Hey Les. How can I remove the "Stoner" Hicks head I have on my custom Hicks now? I want to get it off of the neck post before the Hicks head from you arrives. I superglued the Stoner head to the Hot Toys neck post. Can it be removed? :confused: Or should I just pop that one off, and put on a new neck post with your custom head? Please let me know. Thanks! :D

Thanks for your e-mail! My "spikey-haired" Hicks head is on the way! :banana

Be careful trying to get that head off... superglue can be some strong stuff.

Might get an exacto knife (or something like that) so you can break up some of the glue before trying to pop it off.

Hey Les. How can I remove the "Stoner" Hicks head I have on my custom Hicks now? I want to get it off of the neck post before the Hicks head from you arrives. I superglued the Stoner head to the Hot Toys neck post. Can it be removed? :confused: Or should I just pop that one off, and put on a new neck post with your custom head?
I'd just buy a new neck. You can get one that works from Good Stuff to Go for a song: https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/body_product1.asp?ItemID=18257

One other quick comment regarding the shipping end of things.
Please note, that when I have shipped out a head or figure to you guys, I do not take personal responsibility of it while it is in the care of the US Postal Service! If it takes a few more days than the ones you guys think it should, BLAME THEM and not me. I have already had a member make somewhat threatening overtures to me if a mailed item doesn't reach them within the time frame they think it should.
I mailed out quite a few items before this President's day holiday weekend, and one member has quizzed me daily, Sunday and Monday included, as to why their item hasn't reached them yet. Things like that are out of my control. At least let them get it to you.

If after two work weeks time you don't recieve your item, ok, let me know so I can try again. But please, with all else I have on my plate, accepting responsibility for what a government institution does with the product while it is in route, is not, and cannot be my responsibility. That's just plain impossible. If I could afford overnight shipping to all, I would! Believe me! I want these to you too!
I hope all that makes sense. Best I can do. Needed to be said.

Thanks and please let me know when you get your stuff. Now, it means more to me now than ever.

Les

Les one way you can eliminate that is get a tracking number. Then that way they can check it themselves. :D

Thanks guys! Les also mentioned soaking the Stoner Hicks head, and neck post is some super HOT water for a little while, and then trying to pry the head off of the neck post.

I think I may have one HT neck post around to accomodate Les's Hicks head. If not I'll try your methods. If none of those work, I'll just buy a neck post from Good Stuff To Go. Thanks for the link to it! :D

Why is it that some people don't understand how the US Postal system works? I hate it when I have to explain to someone on ebay that once I've mailed something, it's out of my hands. I don't actually deliver it myself to their house.

Yeah, really Batty. It would be nice it we all had transporters like in Star Trek. Then we could "beam up" to someone's doorstep with the package in hand.

But...we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back