LOTR Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the :cool: comments.:D I kind of cheated on the 7th pic as Mordor was filmed in that area but the scenes in the film were taken from the other side of the mountain from my pic, example of general area of terrain atleast.

Heres a few more pics including one looking out from the inside of the residence of a one Mr B Baggins.

We were told that they were trying to negotiate with New Line to have Bag End returned to the state that it was in the film but i dont believe anything has happened.

Peter Jackson and a few others were flying around areas looking for some farm land that would suit their ideal image of Hobbiton.Freakishly :D when they found the perfect spot the road you take to get access to the farm is called Buckland.

https://www.hobbitontours.com/Hobbi...Tours/LOCATION_IDL=30_IDT=2004_ID=11905_.html

lotr10na5.jpg
lotr11fh8.jpg
lotr12uj7.jpg
lotr13ne6.jpg

@Mudshark-It was my 3rd trip to Aotearoa-NZ and my wifes 2nd but our first together.We spent 30 days doing a lot of hiking,adventuring and i took a LOTR location guide book which was a great help.

We only did the two tours one being the Hobbiton tour which was excellent and a full day tour to Edoras which was absolutely awesome having to go 4WD bashing to get to the site.

https://www.edorastours.co.nz/lord-of-the-rings-edoras-tours-new-zealand.html

@Radagaster-We went in Oct/Nov so spring in NZ.I have been in summer and autumn before and the one thing about NZ,probably the only small negative is u can get a fair bit of rainy weather all year round.

@The Ringer-I'll see what i can do mate but ill have to work out how to first :lol.Will be away for the next week and half but will see after that.Have a look on the net your bound to find plenty of similar images people have posted.

NZ is the youngest country on earth so therefore still fairly untouched.I love the natural beauty of NZ and cant wait to go back as it keeps calling me to go hiking in the wondrous landscape.
For anyone thinking of getting over there some time have a look at this for some inspiration and also if i can help,suggest anything just let me know.;)

https://au.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Qq5MREtg4

https://au.youtube.com/watch?v=C3N0v2710g8

Last edited:
These pictures are awesome!
It's definitely a place where I have to go some time...:monkey5

@Mudshark-It was my 3rd trip to Aotearoa-NZ and my wifes 2nd but our first together.We spent 30 days doing a lot of hiking,adventuring and i took a LOTR location guide book which was a great help.

We only did the two tours one being the Hobbiton tour which was excellent and a full day tour to Edoras which was absolutely awesome having to go 4WD bashing to get to the site.

https://www.edorastours.co.nz/lord-of-the-rings-edoras-tours-new-zealand.html

Thanks so much for the links. I have the LOTR location guide too and we've been discussing which places would be the best to see. Thirty days sounds like plenty of time to get in some unforgettable adventuring! Do you happen to know if any of the LOTR locations provide tours on horseback?

We were told that they were trying to negotiate with New Line to have Bag End returned to the state that it was in the film but i dont believe anything has happened.

Peter Jackson and a few others were flying around areas looking for some farm land that would suit their ideal image of Hobbiton. Freakishly :D when they found the perfect spot the road you take to get access to the farm is called Buckland.

If they decide to use the same location for shooting "The Hobbit", maybe then they'll be able to preserve Bag End for posterity. With the road to the site named "Buckland", it sounds like that farm was destined to become Hobbiton! :cool:

No worries guys thanks for all the compliments i feel somewhat better about my amateur photography.

Thanks so much for the links. I have the LOTR location guide too and we've been discussing which places would be the best to see. Thirty days sounds like plenty of time to get in some unforgettable adventuring! Do you happen to know if any of the LOTR locations provide tours on horseback?

If they decide to use the same location for shooting "The Hobbit", maybe then they'll be able to preserve Bag End for posterity. With the road to the site named "Buckland", it sounds like that farm was destined to become Hobbiton! :cool:

Hope they do and it would make the tour even more memorable and just another excuse to go check it out.:cool:

Yes i remember there were a few tours that mentioned horseback and if u search the net you'll definately find something.Just check with NZ tourism to guarantee you get one of the better tours.

Heres the official site for NZ just change the edition to that of your country or Int at the top of the screen.Search for LOTR and youll get a breakdown of places from the films similar to the book but easier to flick through.;)

https://www.newzealand.com/travel/Australia/

If your sole purpose is for the film sites and since u have the book you'll notice that they are fairly scattered on both islands.This was the first time that i spent a great deal of time(12 of the 30 days) on the Nth Isl(Hobbiton) and while it was truly excellent you cant beat the Sth(Edoras) for absolutely majestic landscapes.Sorry if im crapping on a bit to much.:D

Triple post ban me i say. :eek:

Was going through a few holiday pics over the weekend and it brought back such awesome memories that i thought i'd put up a few more pics showing the various landscapes of Middle Earth-New Zealand-Aotearoa.:cool:

honeymoonnewzealand256wg3.jpg

honeymoonnewzealand406gq5.jpg

honeymoonnewzealand433vt7.jpg

honeymoonnewzealand471dx4.jpg

honeymoonnewzealand473hu4.jpg

honeymoonnewzealand475sd3.jpg

i love it there, i had a chance to visit on business however i was unable to visit these sites ><

Awsome,

What is with the white wash on the Hobbit Homes? Protection? Also, I heard there is a Peter Jackson Museum (or something like that) which contains movie props from the trilogy. Is that true?

Yeah DC there are so many beautiful spots in NZ.That was taken on the Sth Isl at a place called Kaikoura which is well known for its whale watching.We took the challenge up in rough seas and a fair no. of people spent most of the time with their heads between their legs. :D

J26 they probably just gave it a coat of white on the wood-plywood to just to make it look a bit more presentable for their tours and possibly protection.You would definitely need it with some of the weather u get in NZ.Not sure if that was done after the films or initially.

As for the PJ Musuem not to my knowledge but i do remember hearing rumours years ago but im not sure they could get C Tolkiens permission or something along those lines.I went to the PJ LOTR exhibition in Sydney '05 that toured around the world.Saw the best replica of Boromir lying in the boat after his death and for sure it looked so life like,amazing.Sorry i cant be more helpful.;)

Last edited:
Thanks really appreciate all the positive comments.U guys :rock

Have a few more pics but places like Rivendell pretty much look like any other forest with the CGI obviously creating the magical enviroment.

Hey Ringer sorry i haven't done anything about the pics in HR.Did u have any luck finding any on the net?

Last edited:
There, I just gave you another 5 stars, mate. By all means, post any other pics you feel like sharing with us, we'd love to see 'em. And thanks for the earlier comments and additional links you posted, much appreciated! :D

Back