Official 12" Hot Toys Batman Begins Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
Thanks! I really wish I had a better camera.

This is, without doubt, the best Batman figure I've ever owned. The amount of detail is so much more impressive now that I have him in hand. The belt, the cape, the gun, all the extra hands... It's just amazing. My only negative is that he does have problems standing on his own.

I'll try and get those action shots done. I'm going to be pretty busy the next few days, so I hope I can. And I still need to take some Superman pics too.

That's good old regular Android 01. I feel a fight between Batty and the Bat coming on!

On a rooftop, naturally...

Thanks again, to everyone, these Bat pics are just getting better and better and will def be blowin up this thread in the days to come, or nights.

Sorry I'm geeking out so much but I really dig this HT guy...

Hey, Batty, does your Batman have a blue cape or is that your camera?

Batty said:
This is, without doubt, the best Batman figure I've ever owned. The amount of detail is so much more impressive now that I have him in hand. The belt, the cape, the gun, all the extra hands... It's just amazing. My only negative is that he does have problems standing on his own.

Yeah. And I'm being gun shy about playing with his shoulder poses. I don't want to hurt him. But gd he is beautiful!

great pics!! i still can't decide between the HT or Tak Bats:monkey2

and i didn't think the Android 01 looked that good. at least not in the pics i've seen. has he had a repaint or something?

gdb said:
Hey, Batty, does your Batman have a blue cape or is that your camera?
The cape is black. I shot him without a flash under a my halogen desk lamp. It gave it that blue look.

pjam, never apologize! :lol You're not the only one geeking out about this. I want to know what the next super-hero HT is going to do.

No repaint, Mookeylama. I'm not a customizer type of guy. Pretty much how my figures come out of the box is how I have them.

Batty said:
pjam, never apologize! :lol You're not the only one geeking out about this. I want to know what the next super-hero HT is going to do.

I won't. :lol That HT cowl just gets me every time I see it, damn thing is like 100% film-accurate, no joints, no different type materials or finishes, just a black full headed cowl, fully articulated. I didn't expect this from anyone...

so the HT Bats has a fully articulated neck/head? does it have a ball joint inside the neck?

anyone try putting the Tak head on the HT body?

Mookeylama said:
great pics!! i still can't decide between the HT or Tak Bats:monkey2

and i didn't think the Android 01 looked that good. at least not in the pics i've seen. has he had a repaint or something?

Here's a Customikey repaint of the Android 01.

I'm gonna have to wait until I can borrow the good camera again before I can take pics that will do justice to the World's Finest.

Last edited:
Mookeylama said:
so the HT Bats has a fully articulated neck/head? does it have a ball joint inside the neck?

anyone try putting the Tak head on the HT body?

Yes and yes, check out my grainy pic to see a glimpse of it.

Yeah... I think Dave mentioned that that's how he broke something on the HT's costume.

pjam said:
I won't. :lol That HT cowl just gets me every time I see it, damn thing is like 100% film-accurate, no joints, no different type materials or finishes, just a black full headed cowl, fully articulated. I didn't expect this from anyone...
Yeah, the articulated head was a bit of a surprise I think. From all the photos we saw beforehand, it didn't look like it would have the range that it does. The neck cut on the Takara was a big deal breaker for me. That and the lesser detail of the belt and gun. Don't jump all over me Takara fans! It's just my opinion. That and the fact that the HT Batman rules!!!

The cowl hides it beautifully... sorry my camera can't really show how it works.

I agree, Batty, I was not expecting the range of movement and am very happily surprised!

gdb said:
Yeah... I think Dave mentioned that that's how he broke something on the HT's costume.
Yeah, he did mention that. That would kill me!

Where is Dave, btw? I know he's busy with SDCC, but I haven't seen any posts from him lately.

pjam said:
Nice Batty!

I'm gonna TRY to get some decent shots up soon, will try the iconic crouch lean over w/draped cape pose and a few silhouettes...

A "perch" shot might be cool too...

Well, here's my first...

DSC01765.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto.

I just went through my first doubt bout of this guy yesterday, you know the feeling, "Yeah, he's fine but is he really that great, etc." then woke up this morning and posed him a few times and just ogled with a "diggin it big time" vibe again. The body, the amazing cape, the variety of head poses and then I suddenly realized what a f'n stud this guy is! His arms are incredibly well sculpted, body muscular and FILM ACCURATE, not like that other Bat boy and his joints began loosening up a bit for better posing, got his legs bent at the knees, arms 3/4 above his head with room for more without underarm suit stretching or tearing and I am now working with his arms to get some "close in fighting" poses so... I'm loving him, big time, really big time.

Back