Q&A with Howard Chan (Hot Toys) @ACGHHK by Mark Osr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulf

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted on OSR's facebook page by Mark:

1. After the release of Jor El, are you considering a Russel Crowe figure as Maximus from the Gladiator movie?

No plans on making it at the moment.

2. Since the movie MOS was a worldwide success, do you plan to make other character figure besides Superman, Jor EL, General Zod? Faora?

Maybe, Depends on the success of the MOS figures.

3. Do you have any plans on releasing Maria Hill figure from the Avengers movie, and the most requested Pepper Potts? by the way, we saw a teaser about Bruce Banner with his clothes on, when will it be released for pre-order?

No plans on making Maria Hill figure, But we are already in the process of making Pepper Potts, head sculpt is ready by now. Bruce Banner needs approval, hopefully soon.

4. Any news on the reissue of Predators figures line, from the movie Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP Requiem? We saw teasers before about the ¼ line, are they just delayed or cancelled already? Regarding the Prometheus Movie, is there also a delay on the figures?

Prometheus is soon, We might remake Elder Predator, Dutch, and other predators.

5. Johnny Depp is the most favoured Hot Toys figure, any advice when will the Ichabod Crane? Or any other JD figures you want to produce besides those characters provided? Like reissuing Edward Scissorhands, Alice in wonderland, Public Enemies, Charlie and the chocolate factory, etc

Ichabod Crane is almost done. although we want to, we have no plans with regards to Alice in Wonderland and Charlie Chocolate factory.

6. Regarding the Dark Knight movie figure line, Any plans on making Ras Al Ghul, Blake Police uniform, Gordon with formal suit, or others not in the list?

Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. Yes, we will make Blake but not Gordon with formal suit.

7. Why is there a delay on X-Men First Class figure line?, Even Professor X is delayed, will this line still be continued?

We will try to make it for next year, maybe release it together with the movie release of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

8. Regarding the figures from the movie Batman Returns, You told me last time they will be released last Dec 2012, Any reason of the delay? Do you have any plans on making another Batman figure or perhaps other characters like Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, etc?

Yes, We will still make it but the release date will be delayed.

9. Any update you can share on the Back to the Future figures? Which figure do you prioritize to make? Marty Mcfly, Doc Browm, or the Delorean?

Yes, they will be postponed to 2014.

10. I know you are an avid Star Wars fan, but your Star Wars line up are all delayed, Any reason why? Also After Luke Skywalker, What other characters are you planning to make? (ex: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker)

Yes Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.

11. Batman Arkham City was a huge success with gamers, will you be making a Batman or Joker figure based on it?

Delayed also.

12. Is the Terminator ¼ Line still a go? Any news regarding Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal figure, Why is the delay? Also the Rocky and Rambo figures?

Yes, Terminator 1/4 line is still a go. The Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal is also a go but delayed because it has a pending approval. and yes, Rocky and Rambo figures will be continued and maybe Rocky figure will be released earlier than the Rambo figure.

13. Any plans on making a Commando figure or Conan the Barbarian?

We are planning on the Commando figure but no news with Conan the Barbarian.

Might want to add this onto the interview too.

Mark Osr: "I forgot to add there about the Wolverine. They are making a new Wolverine!"

Last edited:
6. Regarding the Dark Knight movie figure line, Any plans on making Ras Al Ghul, Blake Police uniform, Gordon with formal suit, or others not in the list?

but not Gordon with formal suit.

And so that dream dies. Wish they were at least considering doing him but guess not.

keyword - delayed

:)

thanks for posting this at least it gives me an idea on when my wallet will burn

Might want to add this onto the interview too.

Mark Osr: "I forgot to add there about the Wolverine. They are making a new Wolverine!"

Holy jebeezus! Commando figure!!! :panic::panic::yess:
Rocky AND Rambo! :panic::panic:
All the right questions were asked, but one................ what do u mean by 'delays?' :rotfl:rotfl

Cool, not a lot of info but appreciate how direct Howard Chan was. Good to hear that Star Wars is not dead.

I wonder if all of these delays are caused by the Iron Men?

Arkham City delayed? **** you , Chan. You've got time for all of this filthy rotten Iron Man horse**** and you delay all of these projects? **** you like Zed ****ed Marsellus Wallace.

Sucks! Hot Toys should give The Dark Knight trilogy a rest and start working on Batman Returns or even Batman Forever if it makes them happy.
I'm very tired with 2 things Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight and Ironmen...

So basically anything that was meant for a 2013 reveal is being pushed back for more Iron Man figures. I guess this means 2014 will be a very cheap year for me.

Blake, buying.

Maybe Ras Al Ghul?? Here's hoping.... but we really needed him wayy before.

Maybe Dutch 2.0? Yesss.

Hurry up with Smooth Criminal approval wtff.

Confirmation on Jackson Smooth Criminal is cool.
Seems its all still happening and its just estate approval issues they're working on....

The best news for me is that Star Wars is still a go and that Anakin indeed is the next figure! :yess:

So basically anything that was meant for a 2013 reveal is being pushed back for more Iron Man figures. I guess this means 2014 will be a very cheap year for me.

That is exactly what HT is telling us. Everything previously announced it getting delayed so more Iron Man armors that may or may not have even had .1 seconds of screen time can be made first :slap

I was a movie completest with the Iron Man armors until IM3 came along. Its just pathetic now and unfortunately there are still enough people gobbling them up so HT won't be stopping anytime soon. :thud:

So everything I want is either still delayed and/or a "maybe"...greeeeat :rolleyes:

That is exactly what HT is telling us. Everything previously announced it getting delayed so more Iron Man armors that may or may not have even had .1 seconds of screen time can be made first :slap

I was a movie completest with the Iron Man armors until IM3 came along. Its just pathetic now and unfortunately there are still enough people gobbling them up so HT won't be stopping anytime soon. :thud:
:exactly:
Both quoted for truth:lecture

Back