Q&A with Howard Chan (Hot Toys) @ACGHHK by Mark Osr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is exactly what HT is telling us. Everything previously announced it getting delayed so more Iron Man armors that may or may not have even had .1 seconds of screen time can be made first :slap

I was a movie completest with the Iron Man armors until IM3 came along. Its just pathetic now and unfortunately there are still enough people gobbling them up so HT won't be stopping anytime soon. :thud:

I was heading down the completist path before Iron Man 3 came out. I was actively searching and finding the best deals on Marks I - VI, and I made a pre order on the Battle Damaged Mark VII. Then the movie came out and I found it mediocre, cancelled my BBTS pre orders of War Machine and Mark 42, and am now stuck with a paid off BD Mark VII pre order. That would be fine if I had other Avengers figures, but I don't and have no plans to :lol I guess I'll figure out what to do with it in September.

I wouldn't believe a word Chan says. He's been towing the company line for years. His broken promises have about as much merit as a politician.

Still no Back to the Future
Still no Batman Returns
Still no X-Men First Class

But hey we will keep making Iron Mans until the end of time. Thanks Howard, I hate Iron Man because of you and Trevor.

Disappointed to hear about all these delays, but I'm thinking 2014 will be a good year for figures.

Im one of Hot Toys biggest fans but even I find myself wondering at some of their decisions.No Maria Hill?No Comissioner Gordon?We might do Faora?
But Johnny Depp?Yeah we d like to do them.Howard,people are nt littering messageboards asking for Alice in ****ing Wonderland and Charlie and the ****ing chocolate factory!!
Ca nt hide my unbridled joy over Commando and Pepper potts though!!

Im one of Hot Toys biggest fans but even I find myself wondering at some of their decisions.No Maria Hill?No Comissioner Gordon?We might do Faora?
But Johnny Depp?Yeah we d like to do them.Howard,people are nt littering messageboards asking for Alice in ****ing Wonderland and Charlie and the ****ing chocolate factory!!

The fact that you are somehow disappointed that they're making a Johnny Depp figure, even though you're excited for ****ing Pepper Potts, makes me laugh. I agree with you, though; their decisions are stupid; their decisions to forsake every license that isn't Iron Man or Avengers. I'm glad there's no Maria Hill, I just wish that Potts would hit the road with her, along with the rest of these stupid *** Iron Man armors.

Who the hell needs Maria Hill? A chick in a shield costume...woooow. Both Mad Hatter and Willy Wonka are way more visually interesting AND would have more accessories than Maria Hill. Pepper Potts? Meh

Agree about Faora though obviously

For Johnny Deep... i actually still really look forward to a Ver.2 Edward Scissorhands with actual likeness.

Even at the time, i couldn't stomach in that ugly sculpt. The McFarlane one was miles better in comparison.

Who the hell needs Maria Hill? A chick in a shield costume...woooow. Both Mad Hatter and Willy Wonka are way more visually interesting AND would have more accessories than Maria Hill. Pepper Potts? Meh

Agree about Faora though obviously

I didn't even like Alice in Wonderland, but I'd gladly look at specs and pics of the Hatter just to know that Hot Toys was doing him instead of another fraggin' Iron Man mark.

I didn't even like Alice in Wonderland, but I'd gladly look at specs and pics of the Hatter just to know that Hot Toys was doing him instead of another fraggin' Iron Man mark.

Agreed. I mean even as a Depp fan, that movie isn't really my cup of tea but it's different. It's not a repaint and it's not a 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever. It would just be nice to get more surprises from HT like The Crow more often than not

I'm really, really disappointed to hear about Gordon, maybe time to try and think about putting a custom together. I'm happy to hear about Pepper though. And before anyone jumps on me about it, I DO NOT own a single Iron Man figure. Zero, zilch, nada. Hated the Iron Man figures, decided against the IM2 figures, and am still on the fence about getting even 1 armour from IM3. Pepper is still a must have for me, so I'm happy to hear she will be sooner rather than later. Other than that, not liking a lot of the answers coming out of this interview.
:cuss

Hopefully with all the money they are making with the IM figures will allow them to take chances on less popular figures that might lose money. I would have never believed they would make The Mime Joker or The Crow. They are not the big licenses that everyone is waiting for but proves HT can still surprise us.

So you want Hot Toys to release figures you are not going to buy?.. just to entertain you with variety?.. rather than release an Iron Man figure that is going to sell, big time. :thud:

.. Hello, McFly!.. NOT happening. :lol

So you want Hot Toys to release figures you are not going to buy?.. just to entertain you with variety?.. rather than release an Iron Man figure that is going to sell, big time. :thud:

.. Hello, McFly!.. NOT happening. :lol

I wouldn't buy it, but that doesn't mean a bunch of other people would. The Depp fans are just as rabid for this stuff as the Iron Can fans are, and, frankly, I'd gladly endorse the former. I have a great amount of disdain for IM fanboys, as the only reason this **** continues is because they put cash in Chan's pockets.

I wouldn't buy it, but that doesn't mean a bunch of other people would. The Depp fans are just as rabid for this stuff as the Iron Can fans are, and, frankly, I'd gladly endorse the former. I have a great amount of disdain for IM fanboys, as the only reason this **** continues is because they put cash in Chan's pockets.

What about the disdain towards batman fanboys? Also what about the cash batman puts in Mr. Chan's pockets? Obviously it's enough to warrant the release of multiple vehicles and several DX's.But then again this is an"open" hobby and people have the right to speak their minds.

Last edited:
Am I the onlyone REALLY looking forwards to Ichabod Crane? I love Sleepy Hollow, it's an amazing movie imo.

Back