Recast PFs, IM and dioramas (Xenomorph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget about trying to scam anyone while the SSF detective service is around. You won't get away with it.

I suggest a new section of the board, possibly in the feedback section; "The Wall of Shame" reserved for all known thieves and recasters. First two nominations = PredAlien and Faramir.

Faramir didnt scam anyone and if you talk to anyone whom he has had a deal with on those cloaks they will tell you the same. If Faramir is a thief then so is Les Walker.

You shouldn't speak about matters that don't concern you mesa.

:peace

Faramir didnt scam anyone and if you talk to anyone whom he has had a deal with on those cloaks they will tell you the same. If Faramir is a thief then so is Les Walker.

You shouldn't speak about matters that don't concern you mesa.

:peace

Oh, sorry. I was under the impression that a bunch of people order boromir cloaks and then never got them.

Edit: then change my remaining nomination to douglassMCC, or whatever that spaceballs dude was called.

Also Mesa save your disdain for those who deserve it like grenado.espada and this low life recaster. Those guys are the true scum and deserving of every bit of derision they have coming. :)

Oh, sorry. I was under the impression that a bunch of people order boromir cloaks and then never got them.

Edit: then change my remaining nomination to douglassMCC, or whatever that spaceballs dude was called.

:lol :lol

Dougs just a flake... not really a thief either.

wow, what BS...recasters suck. not all of them because I know one that makes his own things to recast...which are awesome.

So Einhorn is Finkle....
Finkle is Einhorn!!! :horror

8df49982024bb218242c343f64a20c5e.jpg

What is funny is after all this discussion we don't have anything more than what was on the first page. :lol

8df49982024bb218242c343f64a20c5e.jpg

What is funny is after all this discussion we don't have anything more than what was on the first page. :lol

Of course not, but that's due in part that they sell the recasts locally out of their shop and not publicly on Ebay or whatever. at least not under their store's name.

recasters suck, yes of course. though the biggest thing that i have against them are the ones that try and pass them off as originals with edition numbers on the bottom 355/500 etc.

recasters are always going to be around and there's nothing us or anyone can/will do about it. i just wish they'd at least just label them what they are, that way no one would be getting ripped off.
so what if they sell these to people that at least know that they are buying a recast for $500 for an IM recast, the originals that are documented and are 100% legit still bring in $1000+, and if they sell the recasts for $500 they're still probably more than tripleing their money. it's proven on ebay that anything sold in that part of the world has a hard time hitting the $700 range anymore. so if they actually sold them as recasts in the $500 range and were up front about it and told everyone, they'd probably sell more of them thus making more $$$, while the originals will still be fetching the top money, as has been the case with the IM comiquette.

don't string the rope and hang me, i'm in no way supporting the outright fraudulant practice that they are displaying right now, it's just a point of view that would at least be a happy medium between the original pieces and the custom/recast community.

recasters suck, yes of course. though the biggest thing that i have against them are the ones that try and pass them off as originals with edition numbers on the bottom 355/500 etc.

recasters are always going to be around and there's nothing us or anyone can/will do about it. i just wish they'd at least just label them what they are, that way no one would be getting ripped off.
so what if they sell these to people that at least know that they are buying a recast for $500 for an IM recast, the originals that are documented and are 100% legit still bring in $1000+, and if they sell the recasts for $500 they're still probably more than tripleing their money. it's proven on ebay that anything sold in that part of the world has a hard time hitting the $700 range anymore. so if they actually sold them as recasts in the $500 range and were up front about it and told everyone, they'd probably sell more of them thus making more $$$, while the originals will still be fetching the top money, as has been the case with the IM comiquette.

don't string the rope and hang me, i'm in no way supporting the outright fraudulant practice that they are displaying right now, it's just a point of view that would at least be a happy medium between the original pieces and the custom/recast community.

this doesn't work because they're in the business of ripping ppl off. wouldn't $500 extra be so much better just by adding a little number at the bottom. recasters like these have morals in the gutters already...and if they can turn a quick buck, they'd rather do that than doing prolonged business.

Lost in all the scandal is how cool the Cap and Hulk look as comiquettes. What a tragedy that someone has to buy a PF they don't want and customize it into a comiquette that they do. When will SS realize that marvel's heavy hitters must be made as comiquettes? There is no reason someone should have to go to such lengths to own a comiquette of Cap, Hulk, Thor, or Spidey from SS.

this doesn't work because they're in the business of ripping ppl off. wouldn't $500 extra be so much better just by adding a little number at the bottom. recasters like these have morals in the gutters already...and if they can turn a quick buck, they'd rather do that than doing prolonged business.

+1 indeed...

so true, they like to make huge profit on a few pieces while laughing about it as they wrap up the piece of sht recast to be shipped to the unsuspecting purchaser.

pretty soon these recaster will be making pieces that no one will be able to tell the differance with, then look out.

Lost in all the scandal is how cool the Cap and Hulk look as comiquettes. What a tragedy that someone has to buy a PF they don't want and customize it into a comiquette that they do. When will SS realize that marvel's heavy hitters must be made as comiquettes? There is no reason someone should have to go to such lengths to own a comiquette of Cap, Hulk, Thor, or Spidey from SS.

so true, it just goes to show how everyone likes something different.
btw they do look pretty good, shame that it's via a recast facility.

so true, they like to make huge profit on a few pieces while laughing about it as they wrap up the piece of sht recast to be shipped to the unsuspecting purchaser.

pretty soon these recaster will be making pieces that no one will be able to tell the differance with, then look out.

See IM Com...almost indisguishable now. Minus a few small things that'll be fixed up in no time by them I'm sure.:rolleyes:

This happens all the time. Recast is called on someone, and then another board member with a low post count swoops in to defend them. This is very transparent, and very LAME.

You might be legit Cang, but you're a fool if you believe that your Hulk was not used to make recast.
cang;[U said:
i1565867[/U]]Well , I made my point and i am off here. Think what you like. I am off to work , need to earn more money for the upcoming sideshow statues. :banana

Regards
SS Collector

Recasters are the exact reason that Sideshow needs to continue with the PF treatment on as many characters as it actually works with. If you like the clothless version better, either buy a Bowen piece or pay to have a real Sideshow piece customized.

Tragedy????

You've got to be f-cking kidding me :rolleyes:

Back