Sean's 1/6 Bantha project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey sean, did you ever finish this bad-boy? The WIP shots were looking very hopeful. I would luv to see the finished result.

I really hope you have the time and energy to work on this Sean, it truly is a real treat and looks stunning.

If we can help out in any way then please just ask. This project is great and if you need motivating I can pop over to LA and poke you with a sharp stick, or make tea, or plump your cushions up you name it and I will do my best.....

:)

Hey guys, I've been meaning to update this thread but haven't had time (writing an album and also got sidetracked with doing some other customs).

The bantha is pretty much complete with minor details remaining. I still haven't found an airbrush (I'm thinking an Iwata HP CS- I need something that's maybe dual action and easy to clean- any advice appreciated). Anyway- I needed the airbrush to correctly finish off the paint on the face/mouth area, and also to detail the fur (using synthetic fur, but it needs some shading). But maybe I'll manage without it.

I wanted to take some pictures of it in it's "natural" environment, so maybe I can find some sand dunes nearby (I live in southern California) and get them up here pretty soon.

Sean

Just thought I'd see if this ever got finished... such an amazing piece :rock

I have finished this, quite some time ago in fact. It really didn't take that long. The only thing that held me up was the painting aspect, but I was able to manage. I wanted to take photos of it outside here in sunny California, but it's always cloudy when I have time so I haven't gotten around to that yet. Hopefully soon.

Now I'm working on another large Star Wars creature, more WIP details soon. :)

Sean

So what ever happened with this project, it looks like it was coming along nicely? I would like to see a finished result. :impatient:

Back