SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally arrived home from my Vacation and opened this baby right up. First off. Amazing figure. :clap It has a great likeness to Ewan and the paint job on the head sculpts and the hands. It's amazing. The clothing is awesome fabric. Great job Sideshow! I also love the light up Saber i see no complaints in the size of it at all looks fine to me. All 3 great paint app. Only two complaints I have is the ponytail like the rest of you is off colored and the belt. You guys were right not that great but that's it. I give this figure a 9. The two minor issues don't bug me at all. Love it and one of Sideshow's best Humans! here's a pic of mine. More Pics to come tomorrow.

Ryan

312wpqu.jpg

One more Quick Pic of Obi for the Night. Better pics tomorrow. Just love this figure so amazing and fantastic detail on the Exclusive head. Both heads like I said are amazing paint apps and the Light up Saber is very awesome. :clap:hi5:

2z9jo69.jpg

Yup, same here ! I love this young Obiwan !!! :rock:rock:hi5:
Congrats !!! :clap

My Padawan will be here in the morning!

Another perk for living in California
:yess::yess::yess:

Ill be spamming this thread with pictures. Expect them.
:panic:

This pic is excellent.

Thanks. He's very easy to get a nice pose.

Great pics! :duff

These looked epic, harks back well to the film. :D

Thanks as well... I love getting the Exclusive-- already having a custom one made it easy to put together a second Obi in seconds.

If the Exc. is still available from SSC I strongly recommend folks grab it-- and then go on-line and get what they need for a second (if their second one is going to be posed under his robe I'd say for less $$ just nab one of the ol' TPM Obi from Hasbro for the outfit. You'll never notice the difference under the robe. :wink1:

So I put this together with various body parts. The neck works pretty well now i think, as do the extended legs. Recolored the fabric and put some slightly modded Episode 2 OBI bits on him. I will try to fix up the heads next.. WIP.
1-97_zpsdfffbc1e.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great Rory.

Ultimately though.. it's about the head. I'm sure I'm not the only one - & stock, it does seem like a cool figure, but if the likeness is amiss in some way, it really hurts my overall view of a piece.

You've set him up beautifully there, but for some reason it looks even less like Ewan in that pic. :(

That looks great Rory.

Ultimately though.. it's about the head. I'm sure I'm not the only one - & stock, it does seem like a cool figure, but if the likeness is amiss in some way, it really hurts my overall view of a piece.

You've set him up beautifully there, but for some reason it looks even less like Ewan in that pic. :(

:exactly: Yup completely agree.
I think there is something in the sculpts that can be worked, the other looks like a strange slightly mashed version of Ewan, but maybe with a repaint it can look better.

Last edited:
it just looks... so much better.

Planning on swapping mine as well..

Question, if switching to a truetype, opinions on which one to go with?

it just looks... so much better.

Planning on swapping mine as well..

Question, if switching to a truetype, opinions on which one to go with?

I'm not sure about a TrueType, I wanted a sculpted neck for OBI so I used a Blitzway body. It's a perfect skin color match to the head and is slim enough for Ewan. The TT bodies with sculpted necks are almost all muscular as far as I know. Apart from Ezio bodies which are very expensive due to everyone using them for Indiana Jones.

If you want a full recipe, drop me a PM. :duff

Not too worried about the neck, I'm more interested in doing the swap for increased ankle articulation. Not a fan of the prometheus ankles.

Not too worried about the neck, I'm more interested in doing the swap for increased ankle articulation. Not a fan of the prometheus ankles.

The ankles will take a HT foot peg perfectly, so any TT with barbel foot pegs should be fine. Just heat up Obi's feet before popping them on.

Mine just got delivered by UPS and it was before 12pm!
That totally shocked me,usually I get them around 7pm.
Everyone is right,the likeness and paint are amazing.
I can't wait to get him out of the box and pose him.
I like the newer Sideshow boxes too.
Great figure!

Oh, i know. Just tying to decide if i should go with a standard, or a slim.

Well the Blitzway body is slim and looks perfect for obi. The SS head is a little on the large size though, even for the Prometheus body. So either would probably look good. I used long ankle pegs to give him a bit more height.

So I put this together with various body parts. The neck works pretty well now i think, as do the extended legs. Recolored the fabric and put some slightly modded Episode 2 OBI bits on him. I will try to fix up the heads next.. WIP.
1-97_zpsdfffbc1e.jpg

Absolutely awesome... Deserves to be quoted and shown once more. :clap:clap:clap

Picked up a robe for Old Ben through TA. Can someone answer a couple questions:

Does the hood have wire?
Is the robe on the longer side?
Good overall quality?

Yes, wire in the hood.
Yes, robe is very long as per Menace.
It's a definite improvement although the synthetic nature of the material
and ugly seams ruin it a little. Still a good upgrade though.

Back