SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever dude.. it's cool. :lol

I've just never read any direct references, that's all - it's always been third hand info from where I'm sitting.

Yeah - those heads. The old Ben doesn't look any closer than the released one to me. The Luke is GREAT. Mace? Possibly better than the released one..

This is the old Ben sculpt that lucasfilm rejected in favor of the one that sideshow did use.... I think it's a little better

https://www.absculpture.com/oldben.htm

This is the sideshow Bespin Luke sculpt that lucasfilm rejected.

https://www.absculpture.com/luke.htm

This is the mace windu sculpt Andy made for sideshow that was rejected by lucasfilm.

https://www.absculpture.com/mace.htm

I think the released Old Ben sculpt was better and I have to say I would have rejected the other two sculpts because they look kinda ugly.
:dunno

Hey, don't get me wrong - it's an amazing set. I'm a huge fan of Luke at that stage of the saga - since I was a kid, so it's a grail dream come true.

However, the sculpt is more stylized than dead accurate - there's nothing really subjective about it. It's like a cross between pre-accident Hamill & 1980 Hamill.

Well.. there you go then, but that's news to me - I'd love a link though. :)

Oh, EVERYTHING about what you think is perfect and what I think is perfect is completely subjective. :lecture. That's why it's pretty pointless to debate it. So I accept that you don't see in it what I do.

When I look at the figure, it's what I remember from the movie. It immediately matches what I remember about Hamil in that movie. But admittedly, I don't spend ANY time taking pics of it and doing side by side comparisons with movie stills.

Now when I look at this EP 1 Obi, it doesn't match my memory of what EM looked like in the movie.

I think the figure speaks for itself.. debating it is pointless, you are right there.

However, if you do want some clarification - google a few movie pics of Hamill. :)

HT luke, yes a great sculpt, the battle damage one i don't think you'll ever get a better Luke Skywalker sculpt.
The normal one is good too,sometimes depending on how you've got the PERS it looks slightly odd so i wouldn't call that one exactly dead on.

SSC sculpts of a mention. (IMO of course)

Old Ben- Great sculpt, paint correction its out of the park.
Episode II Obi - Great sculpt as well, one of my favorites.
Lando - I thought it was very good
Stormtrooper Han - Best Solo sculpt by sideshow, better with repaint
Most of the clone troopers- I think they've had lots of practice :lol
ANH Leia - It was a good sculpt but was too BIG
ANH Han- If you've seen a good repaint you'll agree.

SSC Sculpts not worth mentioning (But will anyway)
Yavin Luke - Admit it, you bought it for the extra outfit
Bespin Luke - Since the HT version is out this is now useless
Mace - To hell with capturing the essence of the character not the actor SAMUEL L JACKSON IS MACE WINDU DAMN IT!:mad:

LEE in MI - yeah, I should clarify, that I'm talking more about the pre-battle head. The beat up one does look closer; although it's been mentioned that the messed up hair piece seems to enhance the sculpt more, as opposed to the clean head's hair piece. I've not tried a hair swap to confirm that for myself, but anyway.. there are certain sculpted nuances that are different between the two heads.

Regardless - a beautiful set. :wink1:

Agreed. The two do have slightly different looks but, like this Obi, I think the hair plays a part in capturing, or just missing, the character. With Luke, I think the pers throws it off too because you can pose those eyes in positions you never saw Mark Hamil take in the movie. But to take a pretty famous image, him peeking around the corner and being shot at by Boba, getting the pers in that position makes the figure look pretty friggin close IMO.

Back to Obi, I think the mouth is off but the hair is a real killer too. Probably just a limitation of the process and scale but it does bother me. Seems too tall :huh

The Obi hair may be a little too soft, in my opinion. No matter how I think of EMcG in that movie, I always see the prickly hair. This sculpt doesnt fairly, not accurately mind you, fairly represent that look.

Hey, anyone else's exclusive head have the eyes ever so slightly looking left or right?

Ewan's hair changed throughout the movie because he wore a wig for the reshoots. In some scenes it is spikey and others it is like the sculpt.

Yay! I had messed up paint apps on my heads, but SSC is sending me replacements. I'm going to have to destroy the current ones after I get the replacements though. Maybe a bullet?

Ewan's hair changed throughout the movie because he wore a wig for the reshoots. In some scenes it is spikey and others it is like the sculpt.

yeah, it drove me nuts when I saw it for the first time, and his weight was all over the place as well. Sometimes (the original shoot) he looked kickass, then for the reshoots he looked fat and with a spikey wig.
Gaaah!

Attack of the clones had the same issues, the opening shots in the lift with a fake beard and wig... :(

Yay! I had messed up paint apps on my heads, but SSC is sending me replacements. I'm going to have to destroy the current ones after I get the replacements though. Maybe a bullet?
Put lipstick and a wig on one and then melt it.

Put lipstick and a wig on one and then melt it.
so he can have a 2-in-1 aye? :yess:
tumblr_m9536fVd451ryic2uo1_500.jpg

darkknight-pyxurz-two-face-1612774273.jpg

Back