SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the eyes? Little less laugh lines too.

obi-wan-kenobi1.jpg
IMG_3830.jpg

I think you nailed it. The eyebrows are a bit off as well. Missed opportunity.

Got my parts in from TA. The headsculpt is superb and I see a lot of ewan. Idk wtf is up with these pics here on the boards, but in person it's 100% and compared side by side to my HT TTM-19 HS looks damn perfect in scale.

I really need to take more pics of this amazing figure. Ill have to take more than two soon. Just been so busy. Congrats to everyone who received there's!

Well, I'm impressed with you guys' photography. I can't for the life of me get it to look like Ewan. The sculpt is definitely off but exactly where, I can't exactly pin point it. To me it comes off looking more like Billy Bush or something.

IMG_3830.jpg

Hmm, from that closeup im actually getting a bit of a Martin Freeman vibe.

great shots Coheteboy! :rock

really impressed with the skin texture on the sculpt

congrats Plattman! :hi5: can't wait to hear your thoughts

Thanks man!

I've had him a few days now, and it is a good figure, but I'll admit I wasn't too impressed by most things at first.

But as the days go by and the more I mess around with him the more I like it. Anyone who's had a sideshow Jedi before knows you need to futz the hell out of them. The standard head is really growing on me, at first I wasnt impressed by it. But now I feel the likeness and paints aren't bad at all, get it under some cool lighting and it looks great. The exclusive head could actually be the worst head I've owned, I'm just not a fan at all unfortunately.

One of the nicest things in the set if not the nicest is the outer robe. It's brilliant, it drapes really nicely and the hood is neat and actually looks good! definitely recommended if you want to improve any older jedi figures you have. The belt was swapped with episode 2 obi's within 2 minutes of getting him out of the box. The boots are really nice and the 2 piece design doesn't take away from the figure at all. I love the swappable feet.

The light up saber is a cool little feature but because of the way it is designed, with there being no wrist articulation and the hand being at a funny angle, I kind of find myself looking to use the standard saber for saber wielding poses, especially when using 2 hands. I'm going to try and find some of the batteries used to see if it helps light up the whole saber, rather than the light becoming dim midway through.

The neck is great in hand, it's definitely not as textured and awkward looking as pictures suggest.

The hands are really nice, and I love how there is pegs for every single one. They are so easily changed and posed, too. Take note HT.

The outfit is what I expected, really messy straight out of the box, but with some work it begins to take shape and improves the figure immensely. This has been the case with all my sideshow Jedi. I think once I've managed to get all of the creases out of it i'll like the figure even more. It's a step above previous Jedi figures that's for sure.

Episode 1 obi has always been my no.1 grail. I'm pleased to have this as its a really good figure. For me if a head is off, the rest of the figure is off, which I think is the case here, but as I say it's growing on me. I think I just need to get used to the quality of sideshows offerings these days, too, as this is my first sideshow figure since episode 3 obi.

Ill try to upload some pics. Weirdly, this is a figure that looks exactly the same on pictures I take as it does in hand!

Great review, Platty...you pretty much sum up where I'm at with this figure...the more I look at it, pose it and take shots, the more I'm really liking it...it's a great addition to the Order of the Jedi...

Thanks bud! Great shot!

Going back to the 'growing on me' part - im liking the ex head more now too!

Thanks bud! Great shot!

Going back to the 'growing on me' part - im liking the ex head more now too!

despite it's flaws I think the EX head is far better than the reg head.
I can't stand the sight of the reg head. It looks like a mashed up, weird flat faced old woman. IMO.
:lol

And I will never forgive whoever pointed out that it looks like this person... :lol
I really can't shake the comparison...

sarah-gilbert_zpsdc11834d.jpg

Sarah-Gilbert-Lesbian-500x333_zps1a9f6813.jpg

Last edited:
:lol

I'm the complete opposite bud. The regular head is the one for me!

Have you done any more work on yours?

Got this fig a week or so ago and just opened him. I have to say there are many good things about this figure. Following up the Snowtrooper, I'm glad the continuation of the improved tailoring and MUCH better material sourcing shines through on this figure too! :yess: the cloak is by far a tailoring masterpiece. It's lined but absolutely does not look like it is! By that I mean, it is not stiff or bulky like most HTs lined capes.

The boots, like the snowtrooper's, are awesome! Very well done. If only all the Jedi were like this.

The lighted saber is an engineering breakthrough for Sideshow. It has a little ways to go before its more than just a gimmick. If they could make the wrist fully articulated and can make the saber thinner, it will be a cool feature. I give them major props for tackling this but it's still not quite there yet.

Now the bad news...or same ole news. SSCs is NOT good at human likenesses. I know there is debate on which one is best but neither really delivers. This is going to be tackled by one of the talented customizers around here. And when it is again, I will definitely be on the list! If I had to chose the best of the worst, I'd chose the ex sculpt. On a good note, the execution is a step up for SSCs. The neck is an issue too...too long.

Cool to hear your thoughts mate.

There is really going to be a custom sculpt of this guy? Who is doing it, do you know?

Cheers for any info.

Doubtful. But then this hobby is full of wishful thinking.

It's Also worth noting that lucasfilm prefers sculpts that " capture the essence of the character" rather than ones that look spot on to the actor.

Last edited:
It's the eyes? Little less laugh lines too.

obi-wan-kenobi1.jpg
IMG_3830.jpg

I think what puts the sculpt out is the chin is just slightly too long, you can see the distance from the nose to mouth is marginally longer than it should be.
This has also put out the jawline to a degree.
Also the eye shape is also slightly out, seems to be a little baggage under the eyes that doesn't really need to be there.
Its a pretty decent attempt, in hand it's less noticeable and I'm pretty forgivable for the most part.

Back