Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is it's movie frames where the composition of the shot is considered something very special.

Hot off the press!

frames.jpg

This is Star Wars: Frames, published by Insight Editions:
The ultimate limited edition, Star Wars: Frames brings together master filmmaker George Lucas's personal shot-by-shot selections from all six legendary Star Wars films. Limited to 1,138 copies and showcased in a sumptuous deco-inspired wooden box, Star Wars: Frames contains six books, each corresponding to one of the movies in the Star Wars saga....all six books reside in the beautiful wood-inlaid box, which is adorned with two exclusive high-relief sculptures of Darth Vader and Yoda...

Holy cow. This thing's big: 25.75 inches long, 12.25 inches wide, 13.5 inches tall. Each book is 44 inches across when opened. The weight of the whole shebang? A whoppin' 210 pounds. It'd take a Jedi to levitate that thing!

Thanks for posting that!! I am scared to ask how much it's going to cost...

And why exactly does this need its own newsletter category? Can't they just put it in the Star Wars section?

210 pounds?!?!?! I'm with you tom, the cost on this is gonna be through the roof. But damn if it doesn't look sweet. Guess its just one more thing that I'm gonna miss due to cost :monkey2. And yeah I'm puzzled at it having its own Newsletter category as well.

Thanks for posting that!! I am scared to ask how much it's going to cost...

And why exactly does this need its own newsletter category? Can't they just put it in the Star Wars section?

Good questions, both!

We were all off the mark on this one.
...as to cost, even with the amazing flex-pay, I fear this is going to be a big budget expense that many may not be willing to pony up this year.....especially with the amazing line-up of offerings from many other companies, not only Sideshow!

I wonder what the emblem is on the side?
You can't even put that in a bookcase! It has to sit on a (sturdy) table or something!
210 pounds! :horror

2538082814_94eface1b9.jpg

2538094066_3eccf917db.jpg

Catalog doesn't list the price. That means it will be too expensive for me--I have never had to ask for a price on something that I could afford.

I love books, and this looks beautiful. It's going to make me sad that I won't be able to afford it.

It looks wicked cool and I'm sure the images are going to be stunning. But 210 pounds?! That's absurd. Does it really need to be that cumbersome?

Not trying to complain, because believe me if I could afford it I would buy it in an instant. This is the kind of high-end film art product that I really enjoy. It appears to be an item that gets to the root of film itself - the imagery.

Like everyone else I'm puzzled as to why this needs its own newsletter category - unless the books are sold separately over the course of a year, but that doesn't appear to be the case and that would be frustrating to most people since they are limited.

I'm curious to see how info on these develops, but I'm sure the price is out of my league. :(

Yeah, I'm thinking it's 21 lbs. It was probably listed as 21.0 and the typo ensued somewhere. Absolutely imposssible for this to be 210 pounds.

21 pounds is still quite hefty, like you say. Hell, that's half as heavy as Jabba's Throne!

Back