Tony Ford "The Gothic Eagle Dio" Picture Updates on Post 155

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tony Ford "The Chrysler Eagle" Orders

It is a high price, but so is everything in this hobby, and im happy ro pay more for a quality item, cant wait to get this, it looks amazing!

Thanks we will add you to the list. Glad you like the look

Very nice piece, would look great with Spiderman!

I do think there is a board rule that you can't take deposits unless the item is ready to ship in 30 days.

Yes that is correct, just to discourage some of the past problems.

Amazing piece by the way, very well done and instantly recognizable :rock

Yes that is correct, just to discourage some of the past problems.

Amazing piece by the way, very well done and instantly recognizable :rock

Thank you kindly!! :duff

Here are some new pics, the last one is particularly cool :yess:

11280x757.jpg

dsc00051280x762.jpg

dsc00081280x850.jpg

dsc00311280x988.jpg

dsc00631280x850.jpg

dsc00911280x1039.jpg

Glad you like, I'm a massive batman fan and he looks awesome on top. Spidey would look great too. Looks great in my collection. And I'm pleased you are all pleased

Thanks a LOT for making me mess my pants!!!! Holy CRAP!!!
This is a thing of beauty.
Bravo, gentlemen.... BRAVO!!!!!

Thanks a LOT for making me mess my pants!!!! Holy CRAP!!!
This is a thing of beauty.
Bravo, gentlemen.... BRAVO!!!!!

thanks mate, and thanks everyone for your kind words.
I will pass all of them on to Tony he will be pleased you all like them

That is one cool peice but there is one thing I would have changed. A see through stand. I would not chance a £200 figure taking a dive from a dead drop. A lot of fiugres now(the flying type,Iron man, Super man) have clear perspex stands. Sorry but is it made out of solid resin ?

That is one cool peice but there is one thing I would have changed. A see through stand. I would not chance a £200 figure taking a dive from a dead drop. A lot of fiugres now(the flying type,Iron man, Super man) have clear perspex stands. Sorry but is it made out of solid resin ?

Hi monkey thanks for the feedback. This ones wall mountable and will have a hole for the hot toys rod to go in to keep your figure safe should you wish. As its wall mounted I would see this being too high for people to walk into and damage a figure. You could always make your own Perspex stand.
Final material tbc currently.

Bump for interest!!

If you was to make it Hollow then foam it inside it would be a lot cheaper on materials, lighter to hang on the wall and lighter to ship ? Could you rotocast it ? then fill with exspanding foam ? As much as I like it I think the £200 price tag is a bit steep. But that is my opinion and just that. You could make two version the Hyper delux(original) and Hollow plastic version and non painted.
Just an Idea.

Looks nice but I agree it it a bit on the expensive side

Guys, where as your feedback is important you have to remember that this is a quality item.
It is going to be made from high end materials and has been sculpted by a film scene creator.

I know every body is on a different budget and I appreciate this may be out of reach of some fellow boardies.
Some of us can only afford 6" figures some of us can afford life size staues.

At the end of the day, this item is not going to be shortcut or "skimped" Tony has a lot of pride in what he does.
Do you think the guys at Sideshow would make their LSBs, PFs with foam inside etc?

Sorry for the rant but the item is to help serious collectors add a great piece to their collection.
We will sell these all day long on Ebay with the price some of the "tat" is going for.
It's just an avenue we would rather not go down.

I don't want to sound off with any boardies as we are generally a great community but I need to get my thoughts across to balance this "negativity"

:duff Cheers

Last edited:

Dont complain when someone gets your peice and recasts it and makes it useing cheaper materials. It happens all the time in the Batman field where I come from. Try to put a hidden signature on it to save copyright. :)

Back