XM Studios Iron Man 3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I inquired there... still gonna run me over $700 to Canada when all is said and done.

And I agree, the gold does look very flat on the new proto pics. Think Im just gonna stick to the Iron Studios Iron man 3 statue from Brazil since I have it pre-ordered already.

Really looking forward to that ship carrying the Iron Studios statues arriving too.

I don't want to write the XM piece off just yet, but it hasn't improved at all from the first images posted here...

l have no idea on the pose yet, they are working on the intrinsic parts. I told them l will be interested in a Mark 7 or 6 though

Hopefully there will be a lot of switch out parts.

After just realising that my local retailer will be stocking the XM Studios 1/4 Marvel line, this thread has suddenly got my attention! MK42 is a must have, Captain America looks pretty cool not to mention Hulk:horror Very, very excited! :panic: plus news that Thor and Black Widow are next to be released!!! :panic:

Last edited:
I m getting mark 42

image_zps60183824.jpg
image_zpsfc2a9da2.jpg

image_zpsaed91900.jpg

Any of those closer to home have any updates on this piece? :dunno As far as I know XM Studios were waiting for Iron Studios to release their MK42 first before shipping their version

Notice how the paint colours are so different to those used for the Iron Studios 1/4 statue plus this version has more grey shading...wonder if this one will have such drastic colour changes in the final production piece?

I'm not feeling the tone of the gold on this anymore, and the faces need improvement.

Seeing PI's sculpts and paint on their 1/4 version make this look the lesser of the 2 comparatively.

I think I'm going to stick with the PI Mark 42 1/4...

I'm not feeling the tone of the gold on this anymore, and the faces need improvement.

Seeing PI's sculpts and paint on their 1/4 version make this look the lesser of the 2 comparatively.

I think I'm going to stick with the PI Mark 42 1/4...

I've seen so may different tones of red and gold used for the MK42 over the past few weeks that I don't even know what is correct anymore :slap I was really liking the proto paint apps used for the Iron Studios MK42 and then that got changed on the production piece.

This XM Studios version now has these grey parts which I don't remember being on the actual movie suit???:dunno

I actually like the route they have gone with the reveal headsculpts and the interchangeable arm, however, i feel the execution maybe lagging on this piece not to mention it doesnt have any light up feature which in my book is a necessity for an Iron Man collectible :lecture

I've seen so may different tones of red and gold used for the MK42 over the past few weeks that I don't even know what is correct anymore :slap I was really liking the proto paint apps used for the Iron Studios MK42 and then that got changed on the production piece.

This XM Studios version now has these grey parts which I don't remember being on the actual movie suit???:dunno

I actually like the route they have gone with the reveal headsculpts and the interchangeable arm, however, i feel the execution maybe lagging on this piece not to mention it doesnt have any light up feature which in my book is a necessity for an Iron Man collectible :lecture

that's what i wanted to say, i don't really know what is the real color anymore, should i wait for hot toys to make their mk42 and then decide? but if it would go for personal preference, i really loved the IRON STUDIOS prototype, that was really awesome, after they changed it, i kinda passed.
about XM studios Iron Man 3 Statue, i love the way you can swap the faces, if they manage to make the face like they do with hot toys, this is would be a winner, also i love you can get pepper potts as an interchangeable face. really well done. no light up features i think, but meh...

Andy, I agree. The IS proto might be the best I've seen as far as accuracy. These grey parts are from left field somewher, and no light up feature for an IM piece with a heavy price tag is questionable.

Weihon, PI's 1/4 offers a Pepper sculpt too btw ;)

Andy, I agree. The IS proto might be the best I've seen as far as accuracy. These grey parts are from left field somewher, and no light up feature for an IM piece with a heavy price tag is questionable.

Weihon, PI's 1/4 offers a Pepper sculpt too btw ;)

Eric, what is this PI version? :dunno

OMG :horror just noticed that my local retailer will be stocking this XM Studios version and it looks like I've been priced out of this version with the asking price of just under $960 :thud:

I was tempted but at that price and no light up feature...im afraid i'm out :(

Back