XM Studios Iron Man 3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl classic!

more importantly, you have an uncle that looks Tony Stark!! :horror I suggest you put his name forward for the next lot of Iron Man movies seeing as RDJ will be stepping down after Avengers 2 :(
he does bait in the face but has a stomach like jabba , so lets pray rdj gets skint

Thought I'd share this pic of the final IM3 MK42 production piece by XM Studios due to be shipping soon I think. As much as I love the colour scheme on this, which I think is miles better than the Iron Studios version, I still feel the likeness of RDJ is way off...for that reason along with the fact that it has no light up feature will mean an easy pass for me plus we still have Sideshow's version to be released later in the year also....

yra6y4ab.jpg

Looks like a major improvement from the last pics IMO. Wasn't their retail price sky high though? I forget.

Looks like a major improvement from the last pics IMO. Wasn't their retail price sky high though? I forget.

That's right Eric...rediculously sky high my friend. Yes it has a number of alternate arms and Head sculpts to keep you busy for a while but with no light up feature on this, I wonder if collectors will pass it up and wait for Sideshows offering :dunno

That's right Eric...rediculously sky high my friend. Yes it has a number of alternate arms and Head sculpts to keep you busy for a while but with no light up feature on this, I wonder if collectors will pass it up and wait for Sideshows offering :dunno

Do you recall the price Andy?

The swap out options are awesome, and to have a Pepper sculpt FINALLY would be amazing. I can live without LED feature, although it is a nice touch if I turn mine on twice a year that's a lot :lol At the same token, the asking price should be considerably less if they're not including the LED feature.

Do you recall the price Andy?

The swap out options are awesome, and to have a Pepper sculpt FINALLY would be amazing. I can live without LED feature, although it is a nice touch if I turn mine on twice a year that's a lot :lol At the same token, the asking price should be considerably less if they're not including the LED feature.

the official price from XM I'm not too sure Eric but locally here, your looking at just over $980 :horror :horror

the official price from XM I'm not too sure Eric but locally here, your looking at just over $980 :horror :horror

I dont think its that high? As i mentioned in the other thread, it costs $565 after conversion, and you less 7 % for international orders. Not sure how much it costs to ship, but i dont think its gonna be 400.

$980? Why would a company price themselves out of the market with their first or second releases? So stupid.

Ah thats ridiculous, maybe can consider buying from Simplytoys.

$980? Why would a company price themselves out of the market with their first or second releases? So stupid.

I live in Singapore , thus i paid $675 SGD PO price for Capt which converts to approx $530 USD. Some larger sideshow PFs cost me that (or there about) when factoring in taxes and shipping. Is it expensive? Yes, but then again, i don't have shipping costs to factor in.

I live in Singapore , thus i paid $675 SGD PO price for Capt which converts to approx $530 USD. Some larger sideshow PFs cost me that (or there about) when factoring in taxes and shipping. Is it expensive? Yes, but then again, i don't have shipping costs to factor in.
$530 - 630 isn't terrible for this scale and Sideshow quality. But if it's $980 in US currency they are insane :lol

I thought the price is $720? How did you get $675?

given the ridiculously high price outside of asia, i think the aftermarket prices on all these xm pieces will be quite low. i think they should've started with a smaller ES to test the market.

given the ridiculously high price outside of asia, i think the aftermarket prices on all these xm pieces will be quite low. i think they should've started with a smaller ES to test the market.

Time will tell

here is a quick YT vid of the final completed IM MK42 1/4 statue by XM Studios. Still haven't changed my conclusions regarding this piece in that the design looks great, super concept with the switch out arm and alternate RDJ/Paltrow headsculpts...however, this piece is let down by the lack of any light up feature :( for me personally, if its to do with Iron Man then it needs at the very least to have light up eyes and arc reactor :lecture also the likenesses are still not there for me on either portrait, so far it looks as though Hot Toys have come the closest at nailing RDJ...then you have the price tag - way overpriced in my opinion and these are the reasons why I dont think it will sell so well and why alot of collectors will hold out for the SSC MK42 maquette. Finally, and by no means least...they've only gone and got the bloody Arc reactor the wrong way round again!!! :slap WTF!!!!! :dunno

https://youtu.be/r4BB2jgqOMQ

P.S. Just love the Ozzy Ozbourne Iron Man theme at the end of the vid :rock :rock

Back