The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, another crappy trilogy release. I only want the first one. :gah:

simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Well folks... I guess we have one MORE MAJOR update for you. Warner has just informed us that they'll be releasing their long-awaited Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition on Blu-ray and DVD this fall! (You may recall, we first teased this release back in November of last year.) The "limited and numbered" edition will be available in stores in time for the holiday shopping season - specific street date and SRP TBA. Included will be a reproduction of the personal diary that Charlton Heston kept during the production, complete with personal photos and his own sketches. There will also be a new HD documentary on Heston's experiences during the making of the film, entitled Charlton Heston & Ben-Hur: A Personal Journey, which includes home movie footage shot by his wife Lydia inside the Colosseum set. That's in addition to all of the previous DVD special features, which include audio commentary, Ben-Hur: The 1925 Silent Version, the 2005 Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema documentary, the 1994 Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic documentary, the Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures A/V presentation (featuring photos, storyboards, sketches, music and dialogue from the film), screen tests, vintage newsreels, highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards ceremony, trailers and more. You'll also get an exclusive book filled with production photos, production art and a reproduction of the original theatrical press book. The Blu-ray version will feature 2 BD-50s, while the DVD version will be a 5-disc set. And let me tell you, I've now had the chance to see before and after images of the new 6K HD restoration for Blu-ray, taken from the original 65mm camera elements, and the difference is stunning. Here's a look at the cover art for the package, and the open packaging for the DVD set...

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents (Pics of the Box-set)

Yep, another crappy trilogy release. I only want the first one. :gah:

I'm with you bud. The first Jurassic Park was the first time I've ever seen a movie more than once in the expensive theaters! :yess::rotfl:rotfl
Speaking of JP, I totally wished they could have done this at Universal Islands of Adventure.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hv5eami9WRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

During the latest annual meeting of Shareholders of The Walt Disney Company, a shareholder asked about a Blu-ray release of Song of the South for its 65th anniversary. Once again, the reply from Disney CEO Robert Iger was that, even though they do consider that movie from time to time, "it wouldn't be the right thing for the company to do" because there are elements in the movie that wouldn't "feel right to a number of people today."

This 1946 Disney movie has never been released on home video because the studio fears that its portrayal of racial stereotypes could be offensive to part of the public, even when considering the historical context the movie was made in.

Lame.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6093

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Legend for Blu-ray release on May 31. This Ridley Scott fantasy film starring Tom Cruise as a forest dweller who must defeat the Lord of Darkness (Tim Curry) will be presented in an Ultimate Edition BD, featuring two versions of the movie: the 114-minute director's cut and the 94-minute theatrical cut.

Special features include:
Commentary with Ridley Scott (on the director's cut)
Isolated music score by Tangerine Dream (on the theatrical cut)
Lost scenes
Creating a Myth: The Making of Legend
Music video: Byan Ferry, "Is Your Love Strong Enough"
Theatrical trailers
TV spots
Photo gallery
My Scenes
BD-Live
Pocket BLU App

Note: the cover art on the sidebar is official.

21801_front.jpg

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6096

I mught have to do the same. If the price is right.

Wasn't there a Song of the South DVD import or something floating around ?

It's been available in various parts of the EU and Asia on VHS and Laserdisc and stuff but i don't think there's been a DVD.

So far it looks like USA only :gah:
Does one of these cuts have the Tangerine Dream soundtrack?

But it's from Universal so it will be Region Free :)

Wasn't there a Song of the South DVD import or something floating around ?

The only official Song of the South releases have been VHS in the UK and laserdisc in Japan. I purchased a laserdisc off eBay a number of years ago and the numbskull shipped it in a bubble envelope. Needless to say, it was cracked upon arrival. :monkey2

The only official Song of the South releases have been VHS in the UK and laserdisc in Japan. I purchased a laserdisc off eBay a number of years ago and the numbskull shipped it in a bubble envelope. Needless to say, it was cracked upon arrival. :monkey2

Dang, you were hardcore laserdisc man. :lol

Yes sir! It was my first addiction. :lecture

Yeah, I remember having my parents taking me to Suncoast every once in a while cause I got into these Laserdisc movies (since I didn't make any money and obviously wasn't at the driving age yet.) They were never into Audio/home theater/movies, but were very supportive of my addiction.:lol
I loved the first time I saw Terminator 2: Special Edition on LD. It was ORGASMIC!!! :lol

Back