The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still remember one of my first purchases. It was the separate SW releases and Die Hard. I think they ran about $50 each. :google

They were expensive, but they were the only way to get OAR movies at the time.

The only official Song of the South releases have been VHS in the UK and laserdisc in Japan. I purchased a laserdisc off eBay a number of years ago and the numbskull shipped it in a bubble envelope. Needless to say, it was cracked upon arrival. :monkey2

Gotcha. Damn that sucks.

Dang, you were hardcore laserdisc man. :lol

He was not alone. I knew Waller was my brother from another !

Yes sir! It was my first addiction. :lecture

Agreed !

Yeah, I remember having my parents taking me to Suncoast every once in a while cause I got into these Laserdisc movies (since I didn't make any money and obviously wasn't at the driving age yet.) They were never into Audio/home theater/movies, but were very supportive of my addiction.:lol
I loved the first time I saw Terminator 2: Special Edition on LD. It was ORGASMIC!!! :lol

I still have it !!!!!!!!!

I still remember one of my first purchases. It was the separate SW releases and Die Hard. I think they ran about $50 each. :google

They were expensive, but they were the only way to get OAR movies at the time.

Yeah I still have them. I remember getting imports of The Killer and Hard Boiled. I was in heaven !

HMV was good for that, but Ken Cranes was the best place to order from ! Crazy how I did not mind dropping $50 a pop on them back then ! :monkey3

Aren't people still purchasing the bootleg dvd's made from the Lasredisc prints of Star Wars?

After all the director edits Lucas has made, supposedly the Laserdisc was the last purist, cleanest version you can get of the trilogy and I'm tempted to just buy a bootleg myself if that's the case

2mxikuh.jpg

They should have included the digibook releases in the set or made a digipack instead of just two simple amaray cases.

Sony Pictures has announced Das Boot for Blu-ray release on June 7, 2011. Director Wolfgang Petersen's epic World War II Submarine Drama -- told from the German perspective -- was nominated for six Academy Awards in 1982, including Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Effects/Sound Effects Editing and Best Sound. Das Bot's Blu-ray release will be "digitally restored and fully remastered" and be presented in a 208-minute director's cut.

This two-disc Blu-ray release, with a suggested list price of $34.95, will contain the following special features:

Wolfgang Petersen-Back To The Boat.
Going Deeper: Maria's Take and The Perfect Boat.
Captain's Tour: Rooms Overview, Entry Conning Tower, Torpedo Room & Crew Quarters, Captain's & Officers' Rooms, The Control Room, Petty Officers' Room & Galley, and Diesel & Electric Motor Rooms.
Historical Material: Behind the Scenes (1981) and Battle of the Atlantic (1983).
Director's Commentary.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6112

The three Star Wars Blu-ray box sets, Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Star Wars: Original Trilogy and Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy, originally slated for release on September 27, will now hit store shelves on September 16. This Friday date will allow retailers to hold all sorts of launch parties.

:woo

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Brazil for Blu-ray release on July 12. This dystopian science-fiction movie, with 1984 overtones and touches of pitch- black comedy, takes a highly imaginative and chilling look at a "perfect" future where technology reigns supreme and bureaucracy overrules love for the sake of efficiency.

Special features include:
My Scenes
Pocket BLU
BD-Live

22281_front.jpg

I'm gonna wait for the Criterion release that's coming later this year or next year.

I'm gonna break down and get this.

I was hesitating because I have a feeling PJ will release another version with updated special effects... is that far fetched?

At the very least, I expect that he will reshoot the part in the Prologue where Bilbo finds the ring using the actor from the Hobbit movie. (Kind of like Lucas did with Anakin at the end of ROTJ.)

Guess I would want to own both versions in HD anyway.

BTW, if you want the version with the portrait set you have to get it from the WB shop.

https://www.wbshop.com/on/demandwar.../default/Search-Show?q=1000150857&src=ELOTRSS

I'm buying this. :lecture

22281_front.jpg

I'm gonna wait for the Criterion release that's coming later this year or next year.

:rock

I'm gonna break down and get this.

I was hesitating because I have a feeling PJ will release another version with updated special effects... is that far fetched?

At the very least, I expect that he will reshoot the part in the Prologue where Bilbo finds the ring using the actor from the Hobbit movie. (Kind of like Lucas did with Anakin at the end of ROTJ.)

Guess I would want to own both versions in HD anyway.

BTW, if you want the version with the portrait set you have to get it from the WB shop.

https://www.wbshop.com/on/demandwar.../default/Search-Show?q=1000150857&src=ELOTRSS

There will be another Lord Of The Rings Extended set but it probably won't until The Hobbit comes out. PJ's been working on a set of his own for awhile that will include more special features and he's overseeing the restoration and i bet everything will be on Blu-Ray discs unlike this set which has each movie split over two discs and nine DVD's for the special features. It's basically just the discs from the extended set.

I will probably get this as well but i'm not really excited about it because i know it's not the "real" set. No matter, this is the set to get this year, anyway :yess:

Star-wars-Blu-ray.jpg

Considering how long we have been waiting as it is for the extended versions to hit, I think I can splurge to get it and not wait another two maybe three years before getting PJ's versions.

By the time they actually hit, I'll be ready for more regardless as long as it's worth it and not just 3 minutes of never before seen footage !!!

Considering how long we have been waiting as it is for the extended versions to hit, I think I can splurge to get it and not wait another two maybe three years before getting PJ's versions.

By the time they actually hit, I'll be ready for more regardless as long as it's worth it and not just 3 minutes of never before seen footage !!!

:exactly:

Agreed. I've been wanting to watch the whole extended Trilogy again, and Blu is a must!

I'm not massively into LOTR so forgive me if this is a stupid question but how can another release be more extened than the extended edition ?.

I was going to buy this one but now I might end up waiting again. :rotfl

The only mishap I want to see fixed in the extended editions is fixing the size of the hobbits at the end.

After Sam and Frodo split from the other two, the other two drank that tree water that made them grow taller in 'Two Towers'. But then, when everyone got back together at the end of 'Return of the King', they were all the same size still.

Back