Hot Toys - MMS149 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, based on the pattern of Hot Toys one-upping Medicom releases, I wonder if their next Depp figure will be Ichabod Crane...

Medicom did Jack Sparrow back in the day, then Hot Toys.

Medicom did Sweeney Todd now Hot Toys, etc.

You know, based on the pattern of Hot Toys one-upping Medicom releases, I wonder if their next Depp figure will be Ichabod Crane...

Medicom did Jack Sparrow back in the day, then Hot Toys.

Medicom did Sweeney Todd now Hot Toys, etc.

Medicom have also put out a Mad Hatter - but I don't think it's part of HT strategy to deliver this Depp line according to what Medicom have put out. The Enterbay/HT brinksmanship is more apparent I think as these two are in more direct competition.

HT probably had the sculptor made a couple Depp likeness, picked the best one for the Pirates and decided not to waste the extra head sculpt, throw on an outfit and some hair and they can milk the consumers.

Did anyone even care about this movie?

I didn't but 35 pages already seems like a lot of interest unless most of that is people just popping in to say 'looks good but no interest'!

>> "Did anyone even care about this movie?"

Sweeney Todd cost $50m to make. It earned $150m worldwide. It returned $100m on it's investment, a 200% profit (more than Superman Returns can say.) It made $38m in video sales in it's first eight weeks on the market.

Not a smash hit, but respectable.

I did! I'd loved the musical for years prior to the movie being made/released, so the film was something I much anticipated. It wasn't a 100% adaptation of the musical, but it was presented quite well and I really do love it!

:slap Rather than dignify you with a straight answer like the others, please explain what made you feel asking such a profoundly stupid question was a good move for your second post on the boards in light of:

1) the 35 pages the announcement has generated to date
2) the mega star lead
3) the mega star director
4) the 30 year status as a hit musical
5) the unqualified box office success?

See I'm envisioning some little schmuck who is unable to imagine interest in collectibles beyond big-guns and/or boobs and probably thinks musicals are for 'teh gay'.

:slap Rather than dignify you with a straight answer like the others, please explain what made you feel asking such a profoundly stupid question was a good move for your second post on the boards in light of:

2) the mega star lead

See I'm envisioning some little schmuck who is unable to imagine interest in collectibles beyond big-guns and/or boobs and probably thinks musicals are for 'teh gay'.

Thanks for that. :clap :wave:goodpost:

and brilliance!

1323211l9d06w8hqd1laqp.jpg

One of my favorite mOvie ever.This is going straight in my collection.

Also,Pretty sure if you never saw the brillance of this movie you probably are a ho mo.

2) the mega star lead

Little harsh don't you think for a simple question?

2) the mega star lead

:huh

Judge me by post count huh, big cheese?:cuckoo:

I have plenty of Tim Burton favorites but not this one.
The whole film is silly and it just didn't have the appeal to me regardless of whatever box office success it had...

Back