1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

thanks guys. I'm really pleased with how it looks. And I just cleared another shelf and got Maul and Robocop on there.

:chew:chew:chew

I managed to buy some cheap LED click lights last weekend, and my shelves next to me were getting awfully cluttered with resin heads and paint brushes and the like.... and I really wanted a proper display area for my custom figures (and some props) so I moved a bunch of books around (this is behind where i sit)

and went from this......

fx2.jpg

to this........ (much better!)

collection1.jpg

collection3.jpg

collection2.jpg

Looks great!! And so do your head sculpts!! Where did you get those light saber holders?

Your display cabinet looks great Darren, that LED lighting sure does the trick

darthCipan.... thanks :D:D

Looks great!! And so do your head sculpts!! Where did you get those light saber holders?

the ones on the sides for the FX sabers? I made them..... small metal L shaped bracket, bolted and glued onto one of those plastic cup things you get to put under furniture legs and wheels to protect floors... painted white and screwed onto the cabinet. Then a small plastic pipe holder brakcet at the top to slide the blade into.

Let me see if I have any pics *goes away for 5 mins*

ok, I'm back... here

fx3.jpg

fx1.jpg

fx5.jpg

fx6.jpg

fx7.jpg

fx8.jpg

fx9.jpg

darthCipan.... thanks :D:D

the ones on the sides for the FX sabers? I made them..... small metal L shaped bracket, bolted and glued onto one of those plastic cup things you get to put under furniture legs and wheels to protect floors... painted white and screwed onto the cabinet. Then a small plastic pipe holder brakcet at the top to slide the blade into.

Let me see if I have any pics *goes away for 5 mins*

ok, I'm back... here

fx3.jpg

fx1.jpg

fx5.jpg

fx6.jpg

fx7.jpg

fx8.jpg

fx9.jpg

Impressive! Most impressive!! Had to say it!! :)

725180209_35b5872045.jpg

I'm new around here, and I thought I'd toss in a lil photo to get things rolling. Cheers!

725180209_35b5872045.jpg

I'm new around here, and I thought I'd toss in a lil photo to get things rolling. Cheers!

I like it! I could image Obi-Wan taking up guitar after living on Tatooine for a few years. What else would the old hermit do?

Where did you get the guitar, btw?

I like it! I could image Obi-Wan taking up guitar after living on Tatooine for a few years. What else would the old hermit do?

Where did you get the guitar, btw?

The guitar is from this Japanese import store at a local mall. They have a line of 1:6 or close guitars. It should be a little bigger, actually.
and yeah, I totally see him taking up guitar out there. The Jundland Blues.

EDIT: Tell you what I did find: https://www.amazon.com/Fender-Scale-Mini-Precision-Bass/dp/B000UJHES2
Mine, however was around $10. I'm sorry I don't recall the name on the packaging, but then again it might have been in Japanese.

Last edited:

HAHAHA! That's pretty funny, since it is slightly smaller than 1:6, sadly

Heheh, I didnt even notice that. I just think of Guitar hero now, everytime I see someone playing the Guitar lol

It was discussed earlier today that the final paint apps on this figure were a dissappointment.

I have to say, I never expected the quality captured in SDCC shots, it seemed too lifelike for anyone but a proto painter or customizer to deliver. My expectation was something of the quality seen at Toy Fair. And while the blonde is missing from his eyebrows and beard in the production piece and the hair slightly darker, I think all in all, we got what was to be expected.

obicomps.jpg

It always looks a little darker in the pics too. The final production is a touch lighter in hand. Don't you agree Sean?

Well, my photo's actually pretty representative of how mine looks, but there are some subtleties lost. I really would like to know if there was other work done on the proto after Toy Fair or if they were the same piece, if so, then the SDCC lighting really favored things because I'd never figure TF and SDCC to be the same item.

Got ya. Mine looks to be a little lighter than yours. Not much but just a tad.

Mine does appear a bit lighter in hand as well... but those initial production shots posted were pretty terrifying. Even I got worried when we first saw those.

My only gripe is I wish they would be a little bit more accurate on the paint apps. Yes I have not griped for a while. I just wish what I see when I pre-order is what I get. With the Han paint app excluded! :lol

It was discussed earlier today that the final paint apps on this figure were a dissappointment.

I have to say, I never expected the quality captured in SDCC shots, it seemed too lifelike for anyone but a proto painter or customizer to deliver. My expectation was something of the quality seen at Toy Fair. And while the blonde is missing from his eyebrows and beard in the production piece and the hair slightly darker, I think all in all, we got what was to be expected.

obicomps.jpg

besides the final paint aps being less accurate as the Prototypes. The face (cheekbone) also appears to be wider than the prototypes.

besides the final paint aps being less accurate as the Prototypes. The face (cheekbone) also appears to be wider than the prototypes.

That's as much camera angle, the TF image especially is shot with the lens close to the face, I shot my production figure from a distance with zoom to avoid distortion.

Back