The SITH ANAKIN PICTURE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so, by popular demand, I decided to open him... BUT I will not be posing this particular figure nude until I have decided if I'm keeping him or not.

This is mainly to show a comparison between the two ANAKINs (in my kitchen - yea!) as many people seem to be curious about whether Sith Ani is worth keeping.

You decide:

AnakinSithcompareforpost2.jpg

AnakinSithcompareforpost1.jpg

With my particular figure, the troublesome ARM is very tight. In fact, I tried to pull and it still wouldn't come off. There has been mention on another thread that Sith Ani's arm is still a problem, but I can only report that this is not the case with mine. It fits nice and tight.

Next up, the EYES -- they're pretty good, a bit of a "blank stare" look, but nice detail. I particularly like the shadowing underneath the eyes. Mine seems to have a good amount of it. I think that's key.

The EYEBROWS - well, yeah, they aren't so good. Too thick. But there has to be something to pick on.

The LIPS - fixed, mostly. They look better, still not as good as Luke, but much better than the original Anakin. Looks good enough in person that I wouldn't change them even if I could.

The HAIR - it is a tad lighter, which doesn't really show up in my photos, but it really is lighter. A tad. Slightly. I wish I could swap hair sculpts on the two; darker for evil Ani and lighter for good Ani.

The SKIN TONE - this has not been addressed really, but on mine the skin tone is actually a bit darker than the original - not more pale as I've heard people mention. And I actually like it darker more! He looks smokier, like he's been on Mustafar for far too long. It is subtle, but when you stand them next to each other you can see an obvious difference.

The OUTFIT - the same - the tunic is a different material but almost unnoticeable. The boots are the same too with no additional "dirt" deco or anything.

So, as a wind-up: SS fixed the arm (on mine), fixed the lips -- so they do listen, see -- lost it on the eyebrows for some reason, and the real important alteration to this figure -- the reason you spend another $70 to get it -- is of course the eyes... which are the same only painted Sith-y. But they do look cool, bloodshot and all.

OK, that's the report. Sorry to all of you who wanted THAT OTHER picture. :D

Last edited:
Like yours my arm was pretty tight. Actually had to tug a little to get it off. Everything else I thought was fine and looked natural.

Nice pictures, and good, honest review Wor-Gar. Thank-you. I am looking forward to getting my Sith Anakin maybe tomorow or Monday.

:)

Good pix Wor Gar...So in your opinion is the new paint app worth the $70?? I thought long on it and finally canceled because I couldn't justify $70 on just a new paint app. Although it does look rather well done, except for those eyebrows:confused: They can fix the lips but then they have to screw with the eyebrows..

thanks for the pics and the review. Being in the UK it'll probably be a little while before i get mine

now I just have to decided whether to leave it as it is or pull it apart and redo it like I did with my Anakin, lol

Seeing these pics...I'm glad I cancelled. Those eyebrows are pretty awful. Vader looks like he got into Jabba's pipe too. Definitely not worth the $70!!

King Darkness said:
Good pix Wor Gar...So in your opinion is the new paint app worth the $70?? I thought long on it and finally canceled because I couldn't justify $70 on just a new paint app. Although it does look rather well done, except for those eyebrows:confused: They can fix the lips but then they have to screw with the eyebrows..

Well, after Jabba, I seriously considered letting it go. Then decided to receive it and see for myself.

My opinion: I'm glad I kept it. Its far better (IMHO) than the original Anakin, as I prefer him in his evil state. I think he'll make a nice addition to the other SITH characters once we have them all (and there's only four).

Is it worth $70? No. Not really. Not for eyes. However, it is the first VARIANT from Sideshow, and the first SDCC exclusive, AND a very low edition size... so, maybe that helps a bit.

Wor-Gar said:
Well, after Jabba, I seriously considered letting it go. Then decided to receive it and see for myself.

My opinion: I'm glad I kept it. Its far better (IMHO) than the original Anakin, as I prefer him in his evil state. I think he'll make a nice addition to the other SITH characters once we have them all (and there's only four).

Is it worth $70? No. Not really. Not for eyes. However, it is the first VARIANT from Sideshow, and the first SDCC exclusive, AND a very low edition size... so, maybe that helps a bit.

All good points, Wor-Gar. Does he really look that stoned in person though or is this another case of photos not doing the figure justice?

Sith Lord 0498 said:
All good points, Wor-Gar. Does he really look that stoned in person though or is this another case of photos not doing the figure justice?

No, he definitely looks stoned in person. :lol

I think its that they didn't raise the eyes or have him looking up more; just basically took the old eyes and painted them different.

That said, from certain angles (or by positioning the head correctly) you can get him to look ominous. I think adding the cloak over his head will add a lot to that "blank stare".

I wish I had a halved youngling or two that he could be posed with. :D

Maybe I'll use that old Hasbro "Young Ani" and cut him!

"Master Anakin -- there's too many of them. What are we going to do?"

Thanks for the pics Wor-Gar. I think Vaderkin looks great. I don't regret ordering him and I can't wait to get him (monday monday monday).... When you feel it is appropriate to strip him down I will be waiting. :monkey3

Wor-Gar said:

As long as you like him thats all that matters...Do you feel now that he is the better Anakin version to have? Will you be getting rid of you regular Anakin nor will you be keeping both?

That looks terrible. I thought the original Anakin had a great sculpt that was ruined by the paintjob and even though the lipstick effect has gone the repaint looks even worse and I'm very glad I cancelled.

King Darkness said:
As long as you like him thats all that matters...Do you feel now that he is the better Anakin version to have? Will you be getting rid of you regular Anakin nor will you be keeping both?

Yeah, I like this Sith guy better than the original Anakin, but remember I like villains. In time, as I run out of room, I may wish I cancelled him...but right now I'm happy enough with him. He ain't perfect, but he's all Sith. The head looks a lot better when you see it in its true 1/6th size (as always). That said, I may have just gotten lucky with a good paint job. Who knows? We'll see as others post pix here.

I will keep both. I love the mechanical arm and this way I can pose Anakin without cloak and with mecha-arm...and I can pose Sith Ani with cloak and with regular glove arm.

I like Jedi Anakin better.

And for those that are repainting, why not just get a regular Anakin and repaint him? There was no point in getting this version unless you are a sucker for the stand.

Wor-Gar said:
I will keep both. I love the mechanical arm and this way I can pose Anakin without cloak and with mecha-arm...and I can pose Sith Ani with cloak and with regular glove arm.

When I still had mine ordered that is exactly as I had wanted to pose them. I really like the robo-arm and the gloved arm.

EVILFACE said:

And for those that are repainting, why not just get a regular Anakin and repaint him? There was no point in getting this version unless you are a sucker for the stand.

I AM a sucker for the stand.

EVILFACE said:

I gotta say, the stand is not that cool. Its light, plastic I guess, and it just looks like a decorative stand, nothing more. I wouldn't buy this for the stand. Then again, I don't buy figures for their stands.

OK, so after sleeping on it, I just have to say that I do really like this Sith Anakin better than Ani original. The sculpt paint is much better IMHO, with the exception of the thick eyebrows. I really like the eyes, the darkness under them, the lighter hair and the lighter lips, and the slightly smoky skin tone.

I'm really curious to see some other pictures of him here.

Back