The SITH ANAKIN PICTURE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paulcarson said:
I know its not the correct thread but I'd love to see a dirty and burnt obi wan costume too!

You're likely to see that done if a collector bought both an exclusive and regular edition Obi-Wan. I know I'd love to do it, but I'm not skilled enough yet and I don't have the money to splurge for two. Even if I could pull it off perfectly, I'd rather have a "clean" Obi-Wan than a post-Mustafar Obi-Wan.

Hmm... I decided to keep my order of Sith Apprentice Vader, although I was disappointed with the photos I'd seen.
Now that there's more pics, I'm still underwhelmed. Vader's already on his way, so I guess I'll just check him out and probably put him up for sale.
We'll see.

Fixed the lips, screwed up the eyebrows...which is worse? LOL

I like it overall, but the eyebrows bother me. Mine will be here tomorrow.

pixletwin said:
IMGP0231.jpg

Picture didn't show up?

KitFisto said:
Fixed the lips, screwed up the eyebrows...which is worse? LOL

I like it overall, but the eyebrows bother me. Mine will be here tomorrow.

I just got mine and he looks good. He could definately use some tweezers though.

I have to admit that I am riding the fence on this one. Mine arrived this past Sat. and I honestly just don't think it is all that "different" a figure to warrent the cost. So he continues to sit in his box...

I really like it. I always understood what it was, just a repaint, but it's a cool repaint. I think once more figures get announced, people will be trying to get this to go with them. I can't wait for a Dooku for my regular Ani to pose with, but this will most likely be a stand alone piece that I can't wait to get to pose tonight.

Forgive the newb question, what's the best way to deal with wrinkles in the robes?

Thanks Wor-Gar. I have a Sideshow screensaver of DOOM (includes your pics too :D).

Speaking of which, when is your Vaderkin gonna git down and durtee? :D

Darth Loki said:
Forgive the newb question, what's the best way to deal with wrinkles in the robes?

Sorry about that. I don't know the answer. But I was wondering why a normal iron wouldn't work? Or maybe a steam bath whilst in the shower?

Darth Loki said:

Water treatment. Get him in a nice neutral pose, then dowse the whole figure with water. I like to use a spray bottle so I can just hit key areas. Soak him up and let him air dry standing in the pose you want. Gravity will make the cloth hang more naturally.

Customikey said:
Water treatment. Get him in a nice neutral pose, then dowse the whole figure with water. I like to use a spray bottle so I can just hit key areas. Soak him up and let him air dry standing in the pose you want. Gravity will make the cloth hang more naturally.

Cool thanks Mikey. Does that go for PF's too?

hairlesswookiee said:
another thing that i do is place the robe between two wash cloths and set a regular iron to steam and slowly iron them out.

I'm a single guy (kind of), what the hell makes you think I know how to iron?

I appreciate the tip though. Dousing with water is a little more my speed.

Darth Loki said:
Cool thanks Mikey. Does that go for PF's too?

NO!!!

Never put water on PF's. They've got polystone in them, wich reacts badly to water. You can do it to the garments, just make sure the underlying figure STAYS DRY!! For examply, if you want to do this to Kenobi's robe, then make sure the figure is well wrapped in plastic and sealed, then put the robe on him and do the water treatment. But don't let the polystone get wet. EVER. When you go to clean the dust off, use compressed air on the polystone parts, with no water.

Back