SDCC stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's early days yet, but would like some input on hotel ressies.
Does the Con hotel ressie people allow you to make reservations for more than one room? If so, should I presume that the extra room can be transferred to another person upon check-in?

Well, you can have my room at the Omni, because they decided to plan it on the last weekend in July instead of the third, and now I can't go.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

tomandshell said:
Well, you can have my room at the Omni, because they decided to plan it on the last weekend in July instead of the third, and now I can't go.

So why won't you be able to attend if you don't mind me asking? I'm still very hopefull of going but my investments didn't pay off like I would've hoped so I'm not sure.

Darth Loki said:
So why won't you be able to attend if you don't mind me asking? I'm still very hopefull of going but my investments didn't pay off like I would've hoped so I'm not sure.

www.ebay.com helps me fund my trip. :rock

im really thinking of hitting this.how is this convention ? and is anyone going to the wednesday thing ?

tomandshell said:

You can't go Tom? Man, that sucks!!!

I'm gonna get my plane ticket here in a couple weeks when my next paycheck hits.

hydrobud said:
im really thinking of hitting this.how is this convention ? and is anyone going to the wednesday thing ?

It's the largest convention, and it's absolutely amazing. You deffinately aughta check it out. Going on Wednesday's alright, but it's more jam packed than usual because everyone's in the exhibit hall and everything isn't really set up.

Hightreker said:
It's the largest convention, and it's absolutely amazing. You deffinately aughta check it out. Going on Wednesday's alright, but it's more jam packed than usual because everyone's in the exhibit hall and everything isn't really set up.

Yeah, everyone should go at least once. This will be year three for me and I can't imagine not going unless I had no way to afford it.

last week i put in for the last week in july through aug. 5th this might actually be a plan.i can even go to vegas and visit family.:chew :chew :chew :monkey5

I might actually be living in Vegas by then, but I will still be at the Con. :chew

EVERYBODY should try to go to SDCC. It's absolutely amazing, one event that I look forward to every year. Have gone every year since 2000. There are rezzies for hotels that are through SDCC (which give you a little bit of a discount) which start February 6th. You can probably go to their website to see if it might be on there. https://www.comic-con.org

My brother and I have been to the SDCC for the last 6-7 years and it is cool.

I haven't been able to attend an SDCC ever but have had five or six near misses at going. Last year, my wife and I just got blocked out for rooms. I'm trying to fund a trip this year but between this and CIV I'm not sure if this will be the year either....:monkey2

Im going with my best friend/could be sister. Got the room and everything and it's only a few blocks away from the convention center. Hefty price tag, but not as hefty as staying next to the convention center as I wanted to do originally.

Memnoch21 said:
Im going with my best friend/could be sister. Got the room and everything and it's only a few blocks away from the convention center. Hefty price tag, but not as hefty as staying next to the convention center as I wanted to do originally.

She could be your sister, that's a little odd

Back