seamless rubber arm/leg skins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
seamless rubber arm/leg skins: the home thread

Been working on these off and on for quite a while. I developed these for another project, but decided to offer them on their own, too. If you're as bothered by exposed joints as I am, you may like these.

These are latex arm and leg skins (legs are in the mold now) that fit Dragon, HT and SSC bodies. I'm making these thin enough to retain nearly all articulation but thick enough to be durable and also so they don't wrinkle weird and look like a shirt. The latex is dyed flesh color, so there's no paint except a bit of watercolor I'm using to "stain" the rubber and create more complexity to the skin tone. I can do African/American versions, too. I'll offer these as sets (arms & legs) and also individually.

armskins1.jpg

armskins2.jpg

armskins3.jpg

armskins4.jpg

armskins5.jpg

Last edited:
really cool, wow. I literally thought about something exactly like this needs to be invented yesterday...well done. Now I can consider bare armed characters for once!

Yeah, that was always my thought, maddog. The HT bodies are cool, but we needed individual parts. There's a lot of stuff I can do now I just didn't feel could be done before. To me it doesn't matter how much talent goes into a costume or headsculpt if those exposed "crash test dummy" joints are visible. Spoils the entire illusion and the reality, like bad CGI in a movie. I think these would really improve the HT Colonial Marines. I'll eventually do female parts, too.

the veins are a bit pronounced.

Yeah, did that on purpose. I've just always liked that look on muscular people. Looks tougher to me.
I also have two methods I'm using to make these: pouring the rubber into molds and dipping plaster arms into the rubber. I imagine the dipping method, as the layers build up, will mute a lot of the finer details.

Sweet!! Such a great idea.
I could use a pair of the legs. Been trying to find suitable legs for this guy. I dont like the exposed knee joints. Was going to buy one of the Dragon figures that had "bendy legs" but they looked a little off. If yours turn out okay (which im sure they will) I would definately be interested in a pair. Show pics when youre done!
-Ryan
oliverkahn001.jpg

Nice! how flexible is the material? can you bend the elbow 90 degrees or more? Im interested in getting a pair

So I can make more of this.... :p
T-800-Arm-WIP01.jpg

Id love a female version in blue so I can show my star wars aayla secura the way she should be shown !

Anychance that this is a possibility ? as I d take one off your hands

those are fantastic! :rock I would definately be up for getting some.

Let me know when they're ready. I need a top to go with my custom Ash. And I can't wait for the female versions. Sarah Connor and Buffy need an upgrade.
You did a great job Shawn.

Back