Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanGabriel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi fellow freak, as I was browsing at Statue forum I saw this thread and was nervous about and check my IM bust. And look what I found

Here's the link:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92392

And here's the pics of my IM bust

P1010940.jpg

P1010941.jpg

P1010942.jpg

P1010943.jpg

P1010944.jpg

P1010945.jpg

P1010946.jpg

P1010947.jpg

Sorry RyanGabriel to point this problem and that you discover this.
There is a real paint problem on this bust, paint move in time.
:(

Sorry to see that. Was it like that when you bought it or has it happened since then? I am going to have to check mine as it was perfect when I bought it but I havent had a close look at it for a while. Do you keep it in a warm room or a damp room as this may effect the paint also.

Ouch, I hate seeing something like that on any kind of collectible. :( I don't know why this bust had such paint issues. Sorry to hear about this Ryan.

I looked over my bust as soon as I saw this thread. Thankfully, it's still in fine shape. I'm sorry to see these problems on your bust. It's unacceptable.

Hopefully the 1:2 maquette will be free of these issues.

New it appears after, that's why everybody should check bust

It's not the first bust with that problem but with time paint peeling and crack.
This is not my bust (Mine have minor problem like this month ago so I send it back) but ......

ironmanbustePB1.jpg

ironmanbustePB2.jpg

ironmanbustePB3.jpg

Sorry to see that. Was it like that when you bought it or has it happened since then? I am going to have to check mine as it was perfect when I bought it but I havent had a close look at it for a while. Do you keep it in a warm room or a damp room as this may effect the paint also.

Hi Chris, this is actually my third replacement coming from a LCS who is a SS distributor but still to no avail. I kept my statues in a dry cool place. All my statues are ok except this piece even my other IM pieces are fine.

Thanks for all the kind words fellow freaks, I'm just hoping that my LCS will help me on this. Or I'll be stuck on one crappy piece.

Guys with the 1:2 IM ordered better start praying!
I'm praying for all of my orders.
My Wolf Pred. bust came in with chips similar to those. Not as bad but, I have zero tolerance for defects like that on these expensive pieces.
There's no reason why they should skip the primer process. IF Sideshow really does visit these factories every month, how could they not see that they are skipping the primer step?

I checked mine this morning because of this same post on another forum and sure enough the paint around the right shoulder is starting to flake and peel off.

Mine has been inside a glass cabinet the whole time in an air conditioned house out of the sun. Man this sucks.

I called Sideshow and it is going to be about 10 days for someone to get back to me because of Comic-con.

Wow...I feel bad for everyone who is starting to notice issues on their busts. It makes me feel better that they didn't want to send me a third replacement now though.

Back