1/4 Reeve Superman arrives! (CKING custom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan the Raider said:
Call 'em what you will, but in the end, they're all toys. This happens to be a fantastic toy!

It have to dissagree, its not a toy. You dont play with it or let kids use it. Its a quality statue in mixed media there to be displayed and admired.
:D

Seems you're trying to use "toy" as a derogatory term to imply that it's somehow inferior to a statue?

If that's the case you are so incredibly wrong.

You're wronger than wrong could be.

In fact if I went as far wrong as I could go and turned left, you'd still be wronger.
:chewDance, Wookie, Dance!

Well,

Statues *could* be called grown up "toys" as well.

Technically, you could even call my home theater addiction "toys" too.

I guess it's how you look at it.

Anyway, this Superman piece is a very expensive "toy" and is museum quality. A friend even thought I sent them a picture of Christopher Reeve!

;)

Where are you pics Dave? :)

I just love this piece.

Last edited:
Gruson and Gruff Old Bear nailed it. I didn't mean "toy" as a derogatory term, but some people feel it is. I'm not one of those.

I revel in the idea of "toy" collecting. And whatever you get joy out of is a toy.

At least to me.

I want to take pics, I've mislaid my camera though. I'm just having fun, everything I have is a "toy" from my collectibles to my computer to my car.

Morgan the Raider said:
I revel in the idea of "toy" collecting. And whatever you get joy out of is a toy.
I was going to say my wife, but that would get me in trouble.

It is indeed the definitive CR Superman out there...
thats actually the best pictures Ive seen of it.

Congrats to evryone who got one... and dont let go of it :)

Has anybody else noticed how every CKing commission turns out so nicely? Great work man.

I'd love to see a Batman next. I would definitely buy that. Batman Begins is by far my favorite of those movies, but I know many people prefer Keaton.

That looks amazing! If I could buy a Christopher Reeve Superman 12" that looked that good I'd be all over it in a second!

Jedi_Mike said:
I had to bump this one, I absolutely love that piece!

LOL

Thanks for the comments everyone.

This piece and my JP T-Rex are easily my favorites.

carbo-fation said:
Speaking of JP T-Rex, where did you get it from. I've been looking all over for it but can't seem to find it.

Off topic but it's not an "official" release.

It was another custom job. You can PM me for more information if you are interested and I will check if there any left. You will need to hire a painter though.

Last edited:
FYI guys,

I believe Diz over at statueforum will be putting up one of these CKING Superman pieces on ebay soon.

I will post the link, once it is up.

With only 18 made, this will most likely be your only shot at owning this incredible piece!!!

Good luck.

I am not sure how his looks painted by I am sure there will be pics.

Here is mine with my custom base
ss7.jpg

ss3.jpg

Thanks! Yeah this Superman really deserved a kick ass base for it. I picked up the airwolf helmet from Steve Stull on the airwolf forums. He makes gorgeous fiberglass helmets that actually have working electric visors and lights.

Back