1/4 Reeve Superman arrives! (CKING custom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
streetjudge79 said:
Thanks! Yeah this Superman really deserved a kick ass base for it. I picked up the airwolf helmet from Steve Stull on the airwolf forums. He makes gorgeous fiberglass helmets that actually have working electric visors and lights.

Do you have a link for the fourm? Thanks.

This is an amazing Reeeve Superman figure. I gotta admit!
Head to body size ratio is perfect, as is the overall Reeve physique. That is more important to me than the suit details, and they are great.

If I had any complaints, it's that most replications of Reeve make his reds too red. His cape is more a tomato red, and a bit lighter. Most folks seem to like all the reds the same shade and value, and in the first movie at any rate, they were not. The reddest thing on him were the boots. The blue of his suit is very close too. A bit less shiney, but that could be the photos. That blue is almost impossible to capture in photos I have found.

But, that aside, this is one terrific figure!
Kudos to you collectors and Bravo to it's creator!

where was this amazing piece available through? and i take it it is no longer available?

what was the price btw?

Chris had samples of the original cloth to compare it to. Of course we all had different painters do the boots, so that will vary from piece to piece. I'm desperate for a decent base for mine though...

Hey Gru, is something funky going on with that RP forum? I just tried to register there but got a message saying "the administration is not accepting new registrations at this time". Any idea why?

I saw a thread about Davy Jones' chest (I'm dying for a 1:1 replica of that) and wanted to post a question, but no luck.

Darklord Dave said:
Chris had samples of the original cloth to compare it to. Of course we all had different painters do the boots, so that will vary from piece to piece. I'm desperate for a decent base for mine though...

Were the cloth samples sealed in a vacuum and stored in complete darkness for the last 30 years? If not, I'd be hesitant to use them as direct reference for the colors on the custom...?

;)

Hey Andy,

Send me a PM on what you wanted to know and I will post it on RPF.

Hey Andy,

The samples I had were pretty much stored in the way that you describe. Not vacuum sealed, but certainly stored in darkness for 99.9% of the time.

I was very lucky to be allowed to borrow it. It just looked so perfect in reality. One thing I learned is that the DVD's and still photos cannot be used for reference because the color looks substantially different when it's photographed. I photographed the original fabric in different lighting conditions at different times of day and not once did I get the color to match up on two photos! Weird (but LOVELY stuff).

Chris

Sideshow Andy said:
Were the cloth samples sealed in a vacuum and stored in complete darkness for the last 30 years? If not, I'd be hesitant to use them as direct reference for the colors on the custom...?

;)

Wow! I was mainly joking, but that's even more impressive now. You're right about lighting and film, etc, affecting the hues... It's very deceiving!

Back