Alien Warrior 1:1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danfaz said:
;) well, to be ultra-nitpicky, the heads on Alien3 and Resurrection are not "clear" domes, they are solid. You cannot see a skull beneath an opaque covering like in the first movie.

Well, to be ultra-ultra picky, they actually were clear domes in Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and AVP. To be honest, even in the first Alien it's not very obvious that the Alien has a clear dome due to slime, smoke, and lighting conditions. The same holds true for all the movies after Aliens. The Alien Quadrology DVD has making of DVD's of each of the movies (except AVP of course, which I will ignore to my dying day) and you can clearly see the Alien suits in the movies mentioned all have clear domes in normal lighting conditions.:D

ambac said:
The Alien Quadrology DVD has making of DVD's of each of the movies (except AVP of course, which I will ignore to my dying day)...

Is AVP that bad? I haven't seen it yet still - was too busy with work when it came out. And to be honest - I was turned off by the trailer featuring "bullet time" sequences.

I'll probably catch it at some point on DVD, but can I ask your opinion of it?

tinister said:
Is AVP that bad? I haven't seen it yet still - was too busy with work when it came out. And to be honest - I was turned off by the trailer featuring "bullet time" sequences.

I'll probably catch it at some point on DVD, but can I ask your opinion of it?

I think AVP was a horrendous movie. The Predators in the movie are horribly ineffective, the cast is mostly throwaway, the pacing and plot is bordering on ludicrous. The only scene I liked in the movie was a flashback that you see in the movie trailer with some Predators fighting off zillions of Aliens at the top of a Maya pyramid and going out literally in a blaze of glory. The only reason I saw the movie was because there was a free ticket in the Predator Special Edition DVD. I recommend you don't watch it, but please keep in mind it's just my opinion. I can't say if you would get any enjoyment out of it at all because everyone has different tastes. Paul Anderson should not be allowed to make any more movies.

ambac said:
I think AVP was a horrendous movie. The Predators in the movie are horribly ineffective, the cast is mostly throwaway, the pacing and plot is bordering on ludicrous. The only scene I liked in the movie was a flashback that you see in the movie trailer with some Predators fighting off zillions of Aliens at the top of a Maya pyramid and going out literally in a blaze of glory. The only reason I saw the movie was because there was a free ticket in the Predator Special Edition DVD. I recommend you don't watch it, but please keep in mind it's just my opinion. I can't say if you would get any enjoyment out of it at all because everyone has different tastes. Paul Anderson should not be allowed to make any more movies.

Well. Between AVP and Alien:Resurrection - which is better? Or should I ask - which is less horrendous? lol

Resurrection completely killed the Alien franchise for me. If it weren't for Weaver being in it - it would have been a complete wash.

ambac said:
Well, to be ultra-ultra picky, they actually were clear domes in Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and AVP. To be honest, even in the first Alien it's not very obvious that the Alien has a clear dome due to slime, smoke, and lighting conditions. The same holds true for all the movies after Aliens. The Alien Quadrology DVD has making of DVD's of each of the movies (except AVP of course, which I will ignore to my dying day) and you can clearly see the Alien suits in the movies mentioned all have clear domes in normal lighting conditions.:D

I have the quad, and they go into detail about how they didn't want to do the dome like in the first movie as the materials wouldn't hold up during filming. The fact is, NONE of the subsequent aliens look like the alien in the first movie. Yes, A3 & Resurrection had smooth domes, but there were no eye/nasal sockets like in the 1st movie. And like you, I'm not even touching AVP...LOL!

**Here's a clip from the DVD that's very informative: Alien Heads

Anyhoo, back to the original point...THIS bust is designed after the 2nd movie. Don't think we can argue about that...can we? :rotfl

Last edited:
GREAT ALIENS bust! As is the 1st one. Both are amazing collectible pieces.
The new one is amazing to me. Glad they made more of the upper body.

As for the designs, I am a strange kind of Alien fan I guess... I like all the movies.
I hated Alien 3 at first as it was not my idea of the direction the series ought to go. But, I have since not only accepted it, can't do much else, but have embraced it. It is a good movie. Just very bleak and different. More like Carpenter's The Thing in tone.

Of course I like A L I E N the best, always will. Just knowing that Giger made that suit and head is tops to me, but, the ALIENS ones were closer to the first one than any of the others, except for the said dome.

I have read several cool theories that try to explain or gel the looks into a logic (hard to do) but one, that I kind of like, is that in ALIEN through Alien 3, the consistancy in design is that the "domed" Aliens are male. That they are drones that become males upon developing without a queen to make way for said queen. Then, once their job is done, all other warriors are female, like an ant or bee hive, and that is what we see in ALIENS. It also explains the Alien 3 one being a male.
As for the Alien Resurrection ones, well, they were all screwy anyway, fleshy and all, because of being messed up with Ripley DNA. As for why the Alien vs Predator ones look like that, instead of the original one, is anybody's guess!
Weird creative decisions to me. Here's hoping any next actual ALIEN movie is more pure and back to some elements of the Giger original.
(See the comics art of Killian Plunkett in the Alien Labyrinth comics series for what I think of as the BEST overall Alien designs ever! What they should have looked like...in ideal conditions...)

BUT, I like all the movies and the ALIEN designs. In descending order.

AND, I actually enjoyed AVP. Why? It has ALIENS in it! :D
See, I am a strange kind of fan...
(I'd say, see both AR and AVP Tinister...and you decide what you think...)

Oh, and good video post Dan. Seen those up close myself. Look at my signature pic below to see all of them behind us both! (AVP one is added now)

Here's a quick pic of mine... It is a beauty. I tried to fit all 3 of my big Alien statues on here but I had to retire my Alien Queen. Looks much less cluttered that way... Isn't she lovely????

DSCN0139-vi.jpg

DSCN0144-vi.jpg

sideshowpdx said:
Here's a quick pic of mine... It is a beauty. I tried to fit all 3 of my big Alien statues on here but I had to retire my Alien Queen. Looks much less cluttered that way... Isn't she lovely????

DSCN0139-vi.jpg

DSCN0144-vi.jpg

looks great pdx!!! nice and clean!!!:chew

danfaz said:
I have the quad, and they go into detail about how they didn't want to do the dome like in the first movie as the materials wouldn't hold up during filming. The fact is, NONE of the subsequent aliens look like the alien in the first movie. Yes, A3 & Resurrection had smooth domes, but there were no eye/nasal sockets like in the 1st movie. And like you, I'm not even touching AVP...LOL!

**Here's a clip from the DVD that's very informative: Alien Heads

Anyhoo, back to the original point...THIS bust is designed after the 2nd movie. Don't think we can argue about that...can we? :rotfl

Heh, heh! All true Alien and Predator fans should loathe AVP!

I don't think we were disagreeing on anything but the point that the domes on all the aliens after ,er, "Aliens", (that always sounds weird to me) were either opaque or transparent. I wanted to point out that they were actually not opaque like you had stated, but transparent. Certainly very hard to make out detail under the dome, but still transparent.

ambac said:
I don't think we were disagreeing on anything but the point that the domes on all the aliens after ,er, "Aliens", (that always sounds weird to me) were either opaque or transparent. I wanted to point out that they were actually not opaque like you had stated, but transparent. Certainly very hard to make out detail under the dome, but still transparent.

Missed that about the domes. Yes, they were transparent, but I think they opaqued out some areas to hide the details and to blend the heads more in an overall way. I know the eyes and nose holes were there in Alien, but prefer the notion of them without eyes. I think that's how Ridley Scott felt anyway, but they are there for sure, just not visible without the dome off.

Sideshowpdx, please show more pix! Closeups of both the head and the Alien maq. Beautiful display there!

Figuremaster Les said:
Sideshowpdx, please show more pix! Closeups of both the head and the Alien maq. Beautiful display there!

My picture taking skills (and equipment) are no where close to some of the members here who have already posted. I have a photographer buddy of mine who does all my professional pix.. He said he'll be coming over in the next week to do another photoshoot of my theater room. I'll get a bunch of closeups and different angles of my Alien section. A lot has changed since the last shoot. Here is a link to my current setup (even though most of these pix are greatly outdated by now):
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10697

alien82xo9.gif
I was a little bit afraid that they don't get well together
but there's no problem, maybe they could even reproduce in captivity...

step dad is very shy but he tries to get a kiss:
s6000204rm7.jpg

s6000209ia7.jpg

This is the one piece from SS that I dont have and I want the most! Once I got the 1:1 Pred I knew I had to have this one. But at $1000 and only 400 of them to go around, I know its gonna be hard for me to get one. REALLY HARD! But I hope one day I can find AND afford one.

I swear that if they reproduce I'm sending an egg to everyone, but if you're in a hurry you'd better find another way to get it.
it's not easy to show the details of the painting with a picture , there's like a pearly graduation that is really beautiful.
the Alien head is really an other kind of bust , it doesn't have the painting details of the 1:1 warrior but looks more like a "stuffed animal" than a sculpture.
if my house 's on fire and I can only save one...
I die before I can make my decision

Back