1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Sometimes i really wonder if it's really that hard for people to figure out rooms for things like this ? I mean come on, I am pretty sure none of the people here who can afford these pricey collectibles also able to have decent house or apartment.

Make a special room or area in the house to display the collection. If it's still a problem, I am sure taking turns on the collection would solve some problems too. Store away some of the old stuff and put out the new stuff if having a special room in the house is a problem.

It's really not that hard.

You know, you're right.

I just measured out the dimensions and placed tape on the basement wooden floor to get an idea about how big this is. It's really not that bad. It's not like we're going to need a forklift to carry this thing around the house.

Here's my iphone for comparison, you get the idea.

002-13.jpg

We'll find a place to put it.

I just ordered with Sideshow. Used the valentines day code. Sigh, now the long wait.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Yes, at an Graphic Arts supply store. Use to use light tables for paste up. Don't know if they still do, been over 12 years since I use one.

Here you go.
https://www.draftingtables.com/ligh...le&tid=exact&gclid=COaj0PLSt64CFdEGRQod31xbwg
https://www.dickblick.com/categories/lighttables/?wmcp=google&wmckw="light%20table"&wmcid=adwords&cid=psgph07211134&gclid=CPmK487St64CFWgZQgod-0Y0qg

Or you can build your own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmwbOgh-pU

:clap Thanks!

You know, you're right.

I just measured out the dimensions and placed tape on the basement wooden floor to get an idea about how big this is. It's really not that bad. It's not like we're going to need a forklift to carry this thing around the house.

Here's my iphone for comparison, you get the idea.

002-13.jpg

We'll find a place to put it.

I just ordered with Sideshow. Used the valentines day code. Sigh, now the long wait.

That does look long.

Our Macy's in town is going out of business and they're liquidating all their assets including any displays, furnishings and fixtures. I bought a jewelry counter from them yesterday in anticipation for this batmobile.

That's for the Batring.:lol

BAM SON! I knew they'd put those shields on there!

I bet the shields are just one big cover made out of ultra cheap plastic. The same plastic that the "cowls" the extra face plates come on with the DX09.

Last edited:

I just spoke to SS customer service. They said they can't quote shipping prices for next year due to possible fare changes at UPS, Fedex, ect.. But they were able to quote for a "comparable size product" and shipping right now would be around $35.00. It looks like $40 is a good average shipping price across the different retailers. By next year I would think it will be closer to $50 though, due to inflation and as consequence, higher gas prices.

BTW...quotes were to Texas.

Ah, thank you for taking the time to call Sideshow and to reply! $35 to $50 is still substantially cheaper than what other places like Alter Ego comics will be charging. I live in NY, but I don't think believe that the shipping should be that much more. I seem to pay close to the same price as everyone else when Sideshow ships out their Hot Toys figures.

I bet the shields are just one big cover mad out of ultra cheap plastic. The same plastic that the plastic "cowls" the extra face plates come on with the DX09.

You mean the vinyl plastic shields? That would suck! :lol

Ah, thank you for taking the time to call Sideshow and to reply! $35 to $50 is still substantially cheaper than what other places like Alter Ego comics will be charging. I live in NY, but I don't think believe that the shipping should be that much more. I seem to pay close to the same price as everyone else when Sideshow ships out their Hot Toys figures.

If you live in NY, should try out Razorsedgecollectibles there...They had this listed at $579.00...Ive dealt with them for a long time, with no issues....

Matt

Just ordered this bad boy from AE for 611.98 shipped :yess:. Have too much stuff on flex pay being charged for the next 5 months so I will be paying this off in one shot next year.

I bet the shields are just one big cover mad out of ultra cheap plastic. The same plastic that the plastic "cowls" the extra face plates come on with the DX09.

I really doubt that. The plastic cowls of the the DX09 were not advertised as a special feature of the figure. They weren't really officially advertised at all, just ended up being a neat packaging solution.

I bet the shields to be hard, durable plastic. At least as tough as the shields case of the Richman's Toys RC version.

wm.aspx

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be cheap plastic like the Toy Biz version.

Like DarkMagic said, the advertising.

Hey, I'm trying to talk myself out of wanting this! :tap :lol

Personally I don't really like the idea of a collection room. I feel like I would rarely go in just to look at my collection. I'd rather incorporate my collection with my entertainment center. My stuff is all boxed up and I'm in the process of looking for a new place and I'm trying to decide how to display everything. But I have a hard time paying for the square footage of an entire room just for collectibles when that also means I wouldn't get to see them as often. This Batmobile will be very tricky to incorporate in a display without either a dedicated collection room, or have it displayed in a useable piece of furniture (as others have already stated). I'm on the fence on this piece. :dunno

:exactly::exactly:
I'm going put all my stuff in my HT ('home theater' you figure freaks!), the trick is figuring out how much you can put behind the seats so they don't come into view and cause reflection when your watching movies :)

I just spoke to SS customer service. They said they can't quote shipping prices for next year due to possible fare changes at UPS, Fedex, ect.. But they were able to quote for a "comparable size product" and shipping right now would be around $35.00. It looks like $40 is a good average shipping price across the different retailers. By next year I would think it will be closer to $50 though, due to inflation and as consequence, higher gas prices.

BTW...quotes were to Texas.

Do we get taxes in Texas? I just moved to Houston so I'm not familiar with it.

That banner should say "Pre-ordered Great Success" :lol.

Back