Cathode Saber Tutorial: Warning lots of pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that double sabre looks awesome...but i want to see how Hurricane would make this a wireless piece...the work here is amazing...but his wireless work has me VERY interested...:)

Thanks for the Idea, it looks like a real Saber!!!

Have you no fear for the high Voltage (500 between 900V) on the
blank cable at the cathode?

Ok, does not need to touch :lol:lol:lol:lol

Thanks for the Idea, it looks like a real Saber!!!

Have you no fear for the high Voltage (500 between 900V) on the
blank cable at the cathode?

Ok, does not need to touch :lol:lol:lol:lol

It's very low amps so you only get a little sting. I now use a piece of clear shrink tubing over the entire saber.

Does anybody here sells recast resin custom hilts? The original ones from sideshow/hot toys on ebay are too expensive (especially for my first job doing a cathode saber).

What about that wireless cathode saber?
And thank you for this tutorial. I'm making my own one, and it's realy awesome! Thank you!

I built 2 sabers with 2 luke (esb?) hilts i bought from ebay...i know not the cheapest method.

I had to paint the red cathode with a red waterproof "marker" to get a more redish kind of red :p
Theres still a little too much purple but its better. YOu can see that in the picture taken during night.
I also tried a led dimmer, which works very nice, because the sabers are too bright when its getting dark outside ;)
In daylight it looks awesome without dimming.
YOu can buy such a dimmer on ebay. I just ordered another to see what modes it has. Because the one i testet with rc remote :D has a mode that comes close to the energy pulsation, maybe the new one will have an even better mode. But I guess its not good for the lifetime of the cathode :p

BTW, it works also nice with a 12v Battery (Powerbank)

This is the result:
Day:

Night:

I repositioned Vader in the meantime and fixed the saber. (Maybe you recognize the little bend downwards where the cathode connects to the hilt.)

I think I uses a 3mm drill head....veeeery carefully ;)
And a 2mm or something for the hole in the side where the wires came out.
The 3mm was enough because I didnt use 2 pieces of shrink tube at the end of the cathode. I just made sure that the one i used fitted perfectly to the cathode, otherwise you'll produce a short circuit(, with the wire that comes down from the top end of the cathode and has to fit through the 3mm hole on top of the saber hilt.)

If anyone is selling ANY cathode Saber PM me. Luke Vader, green blue red don't care just really want one.

Back