Cathode Saber Tutorial: Warning lots of pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys !
How did you do to have a saber colored when they are switched off ?
Pixelpiper, I saw yours are not white when they are not switch on ? How did you do ? Thank you very much.

I've tried several different kinds of wire, and to no avail, I cannot get that saber to glow up all the way. Only the bottom will. It blows my mind considering I made one just fine from the finished set I bought from a friend. I had to take it apart because I switched from resin handles to stick Sideshow ones. Putting it back together was no problem. Now for these other 2 I'm doing, I've tried 3 different kinds of wire and I'm having the same issue with all of them. The stuff I just got in is the same red and black stuff you've got in your pics. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on man, I laid it all out for you via PM. Now you have to let me know what you messed up. :)

Haha. Bro, something just want right. Couldn't put my finger on it. I still don't totally understand what was happening, but all I know is I've got it mostly figured out now. The thin wire I got works great, now I'm just waiting on better clear heat shrink tubing. The stuff I got melted at the top of the saber. I just ordered something that appears to be frosted as opposed o totally clear, and also appears thicker. So we'll see... here's some I rigged up last night. Just waiting on eBay shrink tubing...
f8ee1d537bf34d2cbd1355b0ff2cf74d.jpg

ec24c399b076ab95ae938583d688993a.jpg

I paint everything I make.

Sorry to bother but I have a few questions if anyone can answer them!
What paint has anyone used to colour these once the heatshrink has been applied!?
The pic attached is a revoltec tube (too small for 1/6) and I have concerns about the space left unlit at the end of the blade, anyone used any tubes that don't suffer this?

download_20170412_132540.jpg

Haha. Bro, something just want right. Couldn't put my finger on it. I still don't totally understand what was happening, but all I know is I've got it mostly figured out now. The thin wire I got works great, now I'm just waiting on better clear heat shrink tubing. The stuff I got melted at the top of the saber. I just ordered something that appears to be frosted as opposed o totally clear, and also appears thicker. So we'll see... here's some I rigged up last night. Just waiting on eBay shrink tubing...
f8ee1d537bf34d2cbd1355b0ff2cf74d.jpg

ec24c399b076ab95ae938583d688993a.jpg

what make of cathode are you using mate?

Back