Dream EX Scale:1/6 Batman Batsignal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shame no-ones made a true 1/6th scale Bat-signal, the quality and size of this one sucks and is more scaled towards 6 inch figures imo, the signal should be a big as Batman

attachment.php

ok got mine yesterday, as for scale its bigger than what most are saying the scale is close, for quality its cheaply made but not bad looking at all with a little effort you can get it to look good its diffidently not hot toys quality. but unfortunately mine work for 5 min also and its dead. I paid $90 free shipping for mine from goodshipped ebay seller i contact seller and ive done bussiness with him for years and never had any problems and if i did he took care of it for me,so i guess we will see what happens next. sure was a long ass wait for big disappointment. if it stayed working i think i would of been a happy camper

Supposedly there is some type of fix for this so that the bulb doesn't go out after 5 mins. I can't remember where I saw it though. I paid a hair over $100 from Goodshipped for mine so I think it was a little over priced for what the quality appears to be. Hopefully I can locate that fix for this.

Please if you find that fix please repost , I tried to get it apart but had no luck at least without breaking it

it's just using two batteries instead of 3 apparently. I think you disable one of the battery slots and just use two batteries.

1MOD6's signal is scaled perfectly and Woody's isn't far off...but I agree, this Dream Ex signal is disappointing.

Neither are close to the real size of the bat signal, they dont have the right and height and both of the light parts are too small. Both great customs tho, just not the correct scale

The size for this Dream Bat Signal is perfect in a Detolf shelf though not to scale. It is flimsy and I am not sure how long it will last.

It looks a little weathered and I switched on my Bat Signal for 20minutes with no drop in the brightness of the light. Lucky me I guess and a tip from BBICN forum, use an "exhausted" battery for the middle battery to stablise voltage.

Also my toy shop has advised me to use only cheap alkaline batteries for prolonged life span of this bat signal.
For the price we are paying, we should not have to go through this hassle...

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo13.jpg

Shifted my post from the Customs forum here (couldn't find this one previously):

I just got my Dream EX one, and I've gotta say I'm really disappointed with it.

Let me list some things out:

Negatives:
  • The whole thing looks and feels cheap. The material used isn't the sturdy kind.
  • The paintwork at the bottom of the spotlight is horrendous. Some of the paint was falling off. Obviously I won't display it upside down, but at least have some consistency.
  • The battery compartment is a joke. It says that it requires three AA batteries, but when I tried to place the batteries in, it just couldn't fit. The whole thing was just too tight for an AA battery to fit. I had to resort to using AAA batteries, and thankfully they worked. Also, one of the plates which allow for the battery to touch fell off. And though they are easily placed back, it shows the poor quality of the item.
  • The connector for the bat symbol to the spotlight is nothing more than placing the symbol (which has two pins) onto the spotlight itself which has two holes. This is kinda flimsy and the symbol can fall off easily.
  • The spotlight can twist and turn, but the spinning mechanism can be a bit stiff.
  • Small complaint, but the LED light is a tad too bright. I'm guessing it's because the spotlight has some holes cut in at the top which allows the light to seep through.

Positives:
  • The base for the spotlight has a nice look to it, a bit like concrete. The spotlight has a slightly weathered feel to it.
  • The spotlight can actually shine the bat symbol out, and it's really really cool when you turn it on in a dark room.
  • The spotlight is protected well in the box, with thick Styrofoam surrounding it when you open it up.

Overall, I'm glad I have this to my Batman collection, but I'm sorely disappointed at the fact that the quality of it was so poor. At least it looks great with my Bat Pod.

Some pictures I took:
dsc02970hz.jpg

dsc02978j.jpg

dsc02976oi.jpg

dsc02980c.jpg

By the way, Hotking, I'm surprised you managed to fit the AA batteries in there. Mine couldn't even budge an inch inside. The instructions state AA batteries, but AAA worked just fine for mine. What's more, my local seller actually listed AAA batteries for the batsignal.

It's a shame really. This could have turned up so much better if not for the more than sub-par quality.

Good day guys.

Got mine today and like you, I am a bit disapointed. The material is kinda cheap and the light doesn't work properly.

And indeed, it was kind of hard to get the AA batteries in :panic:

Nice in my detolf though and glad to have it in my Bat collection.

Also, don't get fooled. The Signal is quiet small and its size is just big enough to go with my Playarts Batman.

Shifted my post from the Customs forum here (couldn't find this one previously):

By the way, Hotking, I'm surprised you managed to fit the AA batteries in there. Mine couldn't even budge an inch inside. The instructions state AA batteries, but AAA worked just fine for mine. What's more, my local seller actually listed AAA batteries for the batsignal.

It's a shame really. This could have turned up so much better if not for the more than sub-par quality.

Hi Izy23, my AA batteries fit inside the battery compartment very naturally and the guy from my toy shop used AA batteries to test for me before I bought it.

I was planning on using AAA batteries but they are a tad too small for the battery compartment. Another problem I noticed on my signal is the reflective circular sheet surrounding the bulb....it is not very tightly fixed in place and will tilt slightly here n there.

I decided not to exchange it as my light is working perfectly but do take note, if u were to adjust the reflective circular sheet...don't use something sharp as I used the end of my spectacles and slight dents can be seen on it already.

Also just to share, I heard from my toy shop guy is that the bulb for this Bat Signal cannot be replaced as it is sealed up....meaning to say that once it blows...it is gone forever unless if we are able to DIY out of something...

Hi Izy23, my AA batteries fit inside the battery compartment very naturally and the guy from my toy shop used AA batteries to test for me before I bought it.

I was planning on using AAA batteries but they are a tad too small for the battery compartment. Another problem I noticed on my signal is the reflective circular sheet surrounding the bulb....it is not very tightly fixed in place and will tilt slightly here n there.

I decided not to exchange it as my light is working perfectly but do take note, if u were to adjust the reflective circular sheet...don't use something sharp as I used the end of my spectacles and slight dents can be seen on it already.

That's odd.

For mine the AA batteries just couldn't go in.

Poorly made product in any case.

Considering cancelling* my orders and get Woody Inc to make a MK2.

Not liking how this has turned out.

*That's if I'm able to cancel with my suppliers.

Considering cancelling* my orders and get Woody Inc to make a MK2.

Not liking how this has turned out.

*That's if I'm able to cancel with my suppliers.

Cancelling be the best thing you can do, mines gone in the bin where it belongs.
Woody Inc bat signals were great, i would love to own a variant of this made by Woody. Make it happen OSB :hi5:

I have been trying to get Woody to do another run of these signals. After all at the end of TDKR....the signal was fixed.....

Woody...Help out some fellow fans/collectors!!!

If you can get woody to make another run please let me know I would get one in a heartbeat!

Dude! Don't tease! I would be all over that in a nanosecond!

I would probably by one too!

Cancelling be the best thing you can do, mines gone in the bin where it belongs.
Woody Inc bat signals were great, i would love to own a variant of this made by Woody. Make it happen OSB :hi5:

I have been trying to get Woody to do another run of these signals. After all at the end of TDKR....the signal was fixed.....

Woody...Help out some fellow fans/collectors!!!

I'll speak to Woody soon, I know he's busy as hell with his students but you never know, he may have time for a run of MK2 sigs, if so I will create a thread in customs, dont want to derail this thread.

Back