Dream EX Scale:1/6 Batman Batsignal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm I think this is the one time where nobody would mind you derailing a thread ;)
also would the scale change to a larger more accurate one or the same as before?

This thing sells for $80 and its not licensed yet people gripe about its quality and not to spec. Where is the head scratching icon?

So I was able to open this up today and it definitely feels, looks, and acts cheap. I had the same issues other had where I put in batteries and it lasted maybe a minute and the light started to flicker and dim. I turned it off and just made the battery barely connect and it was fine. I'm going to have to mod it to make it stay on without burning out the bulb. I don't plan in using it for anything really than a display piece with Gordon but I think with a paint job and some tinkering it can be a nice piece. Here's a pic of the short time it was working lol it's definitely bright I'll give it that.

E2C0918E-B91B-4076-9A7A-C4B912C10D3D-91313-0000196CF51DEDC7.jpg

my batsignal arrived this week it's a bit small and cheap quality but it's all good i'm just glad to have one for my Nolan Verse collection
177510_4774997448733_970938312_o.jpg

I really don't know what to do...

Dream ex seems to be bad quality, so I'd rather wait for the new Woody inc, but it will be a very limited run, so I might not be able to get it, and by the time it becomes a pre-order, crappy dream ex might not be available anymore... :(

So the light died in mine like so many others have and so I started thinking of a new way to light it. I wanted it to be on a light switch of some kind and I'm not electrically savy so I took an LED puck light and some velcro cut to the size of the puck light and set it in the center of the plate after removing the back panel of the Batsignal since its only glued. You have to be careful and patient if you try this mod. I also cut the wires that were never going to be used again to get them out of the way. Reconnected the back piece once I set the light in. It stays on pretty firmly, so you shouldn't have to re-glue and call it done! Working Batsignal without batteries! Granted its not as bright a it previously was and you can see through the cheap plastic (but a coat of paint shoul fix that), but hey, at least it works again!
2C0F6801-61E0-492D-84A5-6C967D8F564E-22580-0000065A8BA12328.jpg

E68D6E04-539D-4422-B60C-58075531E00F-22580-0000065A9309A48E.jpg

5759F8F9-CE8E-4177-B5B3-D8F4DA7A7B46-22580-0000065A85D7AE80.jpg

Thought long and hard about this, and ended up pulling the trigger on Dream Ex. I'm reasonably sure HT's will be more accurate and of higher quality, but I'm positive it will cost double the Dream Ex price. Will post photos with my PIRP Gordon once it arrives.

Thought long and hard about this, and ended up pulling the trigger on Dream Ex. I'm reasonably sure HT's will be more accurate and of higher quality, but I'm positive it will cost double the Dream Ex price. Will post photos with my PIRP Gordon once it arrives.

Double price for a better quality and more accurate bat signal is fine by me

Back