Enterbay Bruce Lee GOD Final Prototype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Creecher.
If I were you, I'd let the preorders go by and by them directly from Enterbay.
preorders will reserve them for you, but there's 3500 pieces!
haha.

The preorder policies are all based on their retailers.
For most retailers, I've heard that the deposit is non-refundable.
There's different policies I've seen though
They'll have a main distributor in each country so I'm sure those'll stay consistent.

I agree with Creecher on the anxiety factor.

Not to turn this into another Melvin thread, but I gotta agree with Sunohc that some people here really liked Melvin and he was fairly new. Most times his posts were really bad jokes and people ate it up and fell for his charisma.

The point is you really can't tell who is what until you dealt with them. I know Melvin has made many here paranoid but from all the boards I frequent I have not heard anything bad on Sunohc and I have seen his postings around. I would keep that in mind and take his word/integrity with the same value as the rest of ours until something occurs to show otherwise.

See? that's the pink elephant! it's in this room and I see it too!!! :cool:

Yeah. It's the only option. Not only for me here in Oz, but for those in the States.

I find it very surprising that these details aren't available from their site. It is slowly sinking in, with your nurturing, that Enterbay are perhaps doing this to direct shipments to where they are most needed. You can see why International buyers would want to order from distributors, and that, because it is the normal procedure, why there is hesitation and uncertainty.

Any idea on how much a non refundable deposit might be, if they choose that route?
Also, do you know whether you have to register onto Enterbay's site, in order to be able to pre-order?

Last edited:
sunohc
I said a fair price point would probably be about 170 based on the unit cost and Edition size and I would be the first one to buy it at that price...

Me and a bunch of freaks have been talking about this figure for 6 months so don't lop me into any of your Robin sympathy comments, I don't know the guy. I only mentioned what he said to put it out there and did so without predjudice. You can read my post in the other thread.

For the record Hot Toys and Medicom sell to dealers for about $65-100 and they are then sold retail for about 20% more by dealers. After release prices change over time but I am talking about the initial release price point.

Case in point

Toy Square - HT North American Dealer
HT Batman Begins $119 ES 1100
HT Superman Returns $119 ES 1200
Takara Batman Begins $149

After market prices are higher, yes, but you can still order the hottest Medicom figure, Jack Sparrow for $126 from several dealers here now...

Dealers in America like Alter Ego, Dark Shadows, BidBadtoy Store Etc sell Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece items like Robocop, Aliens, etc for $75 - $110 and BBTS sold a very sophisticated Takara Batman Begins figure for $140 about 30 days before release. Those are realistic prices...

Not 165. Maybe on ebay from Asian dealers...

So I am asking where does Enterbay come up with a price tag of $300 for a 3500 run of factory painted mass produced figures? The cost to produce them can't be more than $125 each (and that's being very liberal compared to world class figures like the SSC LOTR 12" figs which sold for $65 and are very highly detailed) so I think it's fair to ask because A LOT of my collector friends are asking the same thing, they think it's unrealistic and aren't shelling out $350 for it until they see one in hand or hear from their friends.

So, yes I'm sure it's above Medicom or Hot Toys quality but the market will decide, especailly in such a large Edition size.

And why are you the ONLY one on this forum who is supporting and defending the $300 price point so close to release? You still haven't answered that.

That is all I am going to say and won't be making any more comments here until this item is released. So I am done here, it's up to you guys to decide and I will now pass my little soapbox to the next freak. We'll see what happens but I am waiting until I hear from Collectors, not dealers who suddenly appeared here because I don't know you and neither does anyone else and no-one really knew melvin either. He was slapped around pretty hard at first and was only here a short time before scamming many members, Besides many were suspicious of him from the start with all his custom image carpet bombing so I wouldn't be using melvins name in any shape or form.

Bottom line: I trust the word of friends and freaks who I have known here and I will always defend my position without apologies.

Last edited:
SolidLiquidFox said:
Thanks for the link SLF. This sort of information should be on the Enterbay site. I see what you mean with your thoughts on the deluxe and limited editions. It would be nice to know what can be expected from the limited version. I wonder if, when the limited versions details are released, whether or not you can tranfer a deposit for the deluxe version, over to the limited version, should details come to light before the expected October 20th shipping date.

Having scrolled down the page,
Jax's Hobbies & Interests
https://jaxting.blogspot.com
is an excellent source for more details.

I wonder also how long the GoD Bruce has been in production, or if it has been started. 3500 units painted over say 90 days is around 40 units per day. To me that seems alot for one person, unless each painter does his bit and passes it onto the next for the next stage. Which is more than likely. How else can standards be consistent. I have a lot to learn. All in all this has been a good experience for me so far, and I am surprised there hasn't been more members posting their thoughts.

Last edited:
creecher said:
I wonder also how long the GoD Bruce has been in production, or if it has been started. 3500 units painted over say 90 days is around 40 units per day. To me that seems alot for one person, unless each painter does his bit and passes it onto the next for the next stage. Which is more than likely. How else can standards be consistent. I have a lot to learn. All in all this has been a good experience for me so far, and I am surprised there hasn't been more members posting their thoughts.

Gruff Old Bear, myself and others had a thread going on this piece a while back when it was first announced. I think the interest killer for this piece is the price. Most members here can't comprehend the $300 tag for something that's not a 1/4 PF. In a way I don't blame them, but the promise of a level of never-before-seen quality control is what has most of us intrigued. How close to those prototypes will it look like? will the very nice wood diorama help justify the cost of the total package?

I share the concern of 3500 units. The number is way too high in my mind but may be I am missing something. Who knows. I just don't see a mad rush to sellout all of them in, let's say, one year considering the upcoming LE with more face detail due to the battle damage (if that turns out to be so).

It will all come down to the quality making believers out of skeptics unwilling to spend that much.

I agree. The price does and did seem very high to me. Then again I pay higher prices anyway. Markups due to shipping. I thought PF's were a highly ticketed item to begin with. Being more detailed, it still took some time to come around, but I did.

Then this latest influx of Hot Toys and Medicom and the like, raised my eyebrows. It has left me feeling ever more grateful to Sideshow for their consistently low prices. I wonder how long they can resist International pressures, oil and all that. The higher price, for say a LotR 1/6 figure, is more than justifyable.

The Hot Toys, and posted links to Asian suppliers, has me looking at close to the $300 mark, for having been too late and too poor to jump on the Superman and Batman train, in favour of aquiring a Mummy PF. It is clear to me the Asian market operates totally different to what I am used to. I still think it is a high price, but one that will not likely come down. Look at Oluf, selling his Knights of Ni, at around the $200 to $250 mark, only to have them reappear on ebay at a BIN of $500, regardless of it being a low edition piece.

I am enthralled with the advent of Enterbay, as a new player on the scene, and finding out what everyones concerns are, and sort of living the 'we are in on it' somehow, this thread has me feeling. All a matter of transition. The Sideshow bubble, has had me captured and spoilt. Who knows, wouldn't it be great if Sideshow were the distributors in the States. Maybe some discussions after hours at the Con. Oh man.

Last edited:
creecher said:
Yeah. It's the only option. Not only for me here in Oz, but for those in the States.

I find it very surprising that these details aren't available from their site. It is slowly sinking in, with your nurturing, that Enterbay are perhaps doing this to direct shipments to where they are most needed. You can see why International buyers would want to order from distributors, and that, because it is the normal procedure, why there is hesitation and uncertainty.

Any idea on how much a non refundable deposit might be, if they choose that route?
Also, do you know whether you have to register onto Enterbay's site, in order to be able to pre-order?

I have not gotten those details yet.
I will forward most of your posts directly to them, or I'll try to get the main Australian Distributor's emial address.

My preorder methods are:
you send in a deposit (10%) and you can cancel anytime 3 weeks before they release. Or something like that. And or course you send the rest 3 weeks before. release

Most Online Retailers:
YOu send in a non-refundable deposit like 10%-50% and you send in the rest when the item is "in stock"

Other Online Retailers: you pay around half and it's gauranteed or money back.

etc.etc.
I'm not really sure about others though.

pjam said:
We'll see what happens but I am waiting until I hear from Collectors, not dealers who suddenly appeared here because I don't know you and neither does anyone else
That's prejudice..... >.>

I';m not defending the price, and I making some supposable suggestions.
In my opinion, I have no problem with them since I'm a die-hard Bruce Lee fan, and I've made regular customs before and If I had constructed something like that, I'd suppose it should cost more.
Knowing the costs to manufacturing and such inside information will not put me in any better light and I'm sure you don't know that kind of information for any type of figure yet.
The numbers you gave out for the medicom and hot toys figures were rather guilded, since those aren't the numbers a regular person like ME can find when just browsing.

Thanks for being rude, I'll remember that.....

Solid Liquid Fox:

The face paint will be better than the prototype pics you saw there.
Those paint apps were done to minimal quality by JC Hong to not over-exaggerate the prototypes.

The price and the quantity run is intimidating so I wouldn't worry about a sell-out like you said. YOu could probably take your time and buy it whenever.

gruff old bear
To me that seems alot for one person, unless each painter does his bit and passes it onto the next for the next stage.
of course that's how it goes :D, and I bet they'll have about 1500 done for the preorders and the rest will be done leisurely ...:eek:
I've seen quality paint jobs by both BBi and Hot Toys. Yet, they could be improved, but they weren't bad at all...The only parts I saw wrong were the eyes, since they added the white dots.
However, the eyes for Enterbay will be like inserting "glass eyes"

The information regarding the other versions should be on the site, I agree.
I think I should actually suggest that to Enterbay. But most of them are concept samples by Arnie and they don't want so much comparing I guess.

Creecher
Enterbay is listening and i'm going to suggest them to add some more content regarding all this information ASAP.

AZN_Collector said:
Hey sunohc! Do you work for enterbay?
hey, I'm a retailer...but I've been following them anxiously for the past few monthes, starting as a Bruce Lee fan, then an Arnie Fan, and now I've got interest in Enterbay's progress...but I don't know any other inside information then what I've shared...
I wish I could work for enterbay or sideshow... :D
sculpt...you know....:D

btw, I'm korean too :D
and I saw ur collection, I saw it on Kojun's website too.
are you KOJUN!!??? or his friend :D
JKJKJKJKJKJKJKJK
His friend righty? :D
효양?righty

Thanks for all the to and fro sunohc. I am growing in confidence with the whole idea of possibly being able to aquire one of these. I guess I'll have to wait till they are up for pre-order to see what methods of payment and the rules underwhich they will take the pre-orders.

I am not in agreement that you will be able to take your time. I predict it will be a sell out, and with Enterbay just starting out, it may be too late by the time they let the masses know, what the status happens to be. Will they use a meter to guage stock status? You see what I am getting at, I hope. I don't think it will take all that long to sell 3500 of these. With Asia being a big and hungry market for quality Bruce Lee figures, and being already accustomed to paying high prices. You may be able to verify that with your experience of the Asian market.

What could worry me is that 1500 may be rush jobs, although more likely to at least be more consistent. It could go the other way too, that they are consistently better, while the latter bunch may lack in consistence but may be of a higher quality. This is where it may get tricky, and Arnie is putting his reputation in the hands of others.

As far as information goes, and what appears on their site. I am not concerned with the pictures that much. I have seen enough from the SDCCon and the links that have been provided here. I would rather have facts, to dismiss any assumptions I may have. How the pre-orders will work, whether you need to register to be able to pre-order, the deal with the deluxe and the limited, pertaining to their price and accessories, distributor lists, payment methods, whether or not future releases will come with a diorama, and whether they will be different, that sort of thing. Maybe even a letter written by Arnie himself would add more legitamacy, seeing it is a new company.

Are they getting tired of you hounding them yet sunohc? :lol

Last edited:
Here is a reply of sorts, addressing some of my concerns.

"As you know, our US distributor had began to taking pre-order
reservation during comic-con. and our Official Web pre-order will
begin from 1st August , it mean collectors could pre-order it directly
throught our site, $300 US Dollar Plus Shipping. Only PAYPAL payment
wil be accepted at this moment. Aslo, Full payment will be required
during pre-order on our site.

For Customers outside USA, we will handle the return policy service
for defective items directly.

Official Release date will be 20th October, and we will begin shipment
from about 15th to 18th October for those customers who ordered
through our site.

In the COmic-con images, the diorama is just a prototype, we had made
some changes for the final product and we promise it is much better
than teh one in comic-conm. The Test on the Plaque will be apply on
the diorama.

the 1/6 Scale Real Masterpiece Series is not toys figure but High
quality and creative Premium Collectible Figure, every piece is good
for display ,exhibit and Collection with long lasting value. Quality
and Creation come first, as we know the price tag we are selling, and
we also understand what the collectors is expecting.

We will do our best "

This is bad news for me, as I cannot afford such an outlay, with so much time before shipments begin. :monkey2

Another detailed email from Enterbay:

'It is our secret weapon.

For Factory production, yes, it is painted by factory, but we will
teach the factory how we wanted it to be painted. And the paint
instructor is JC Hong and Arnie and myself, JC Hong and Arnie will
exclusivly offer thier secret painting Know-how skill to ENTERBAY
ONLY. And we will apply it to the factory paint job.

Of course, it is an Know-how paint skill from those master, and the
factory just do what they will teach, the fact is that, factory
skillfull painter is not JC or Arnie, there will still be a slight
different , but collector could get the figure that 's the Skill which
are using by JC and Arnie.

I am not trying to pull up the collector's expection, but just to let
them know why it cost $300 US and not $150. The diorama is all made
by wood, and well construction and designed , not just a cheap Flip
window box. We assume teh final packaging will be somewhere around
2.5 to 3 kg.(The minimum) "

So, I would not doubt the paint job at all :D

--------------------------------
I asked Enterbay to enhance their website with details concerning literally everything haha.
LIke FAQs, POLICIES, RETAILERS< etc.
In fact, I asked them to make individual pics of each accessory and feature, so that you'll be enthralled even more.

Creecher: I will be sure to find that one australian distributor for sure :D
That'll prob solve ur problems... :D

------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if this justifies much but:
these are the factors which are fueling my ambition to get this item and understand the costs
This item, is bascailly a hot Toys or Medicom item, painted better, with glass-like eyes and a real diorama with a plaque. hm, yeah...$150 more though.. hahah..ha...ha...ha....... >.>

look at this pic of the wooden diorama
https://www.jacksonting.com/sdcc2006/54.jpg

That's wood, and its not some cheap plastic imitation.
The little windows are probably made of see-through paper like in the Movie.
Buying a piece like that alone on eBay, is over $100.

https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2958/asdfasdfli4.png
a friend of mine bought this whole piece for $500, and he would've paid $600.
He was even ready to pay $250 alone for the wooden piece.

Now the head:
You notice that if you can paint the eyes really well, it REALLY makes the product look real?
Well, imagine putting glass eyes into all your figures. It would change a lot.
And these bruce Lee figures come with that feature, plus the hair is interchangeable.

Not to mention the Plaque :D, I want that hhehehhehe

Last edited:
Another thing that comes to mind that the collector might like to know is, how the edition numbers will be handled. We are always mentioning how, having pre-ordered early in the piece, are not getting a low number. Will Enterbay be sending out shipments, so that the collectors that get in first, get the lowest number?

Yep.
I hope so, but they're distributing them out to different countries in which there is a massive distributor, and Asia might be priority.

But I truly don't know....

But I realy don't think we should be concerned about the quantity run because it will not limit the quality and its mainly so people like you can settle down and pay leisurely :D

But yes, their main focus is not the 1/6 world but like you said,
Bruce lee enthusiasts, kung fu movie enthutiasts, earlier nostalgic inspiration, artists, etc. So you never know....>.>
As a retailer, I get them hahahaha no mattah wat, jeah.
:monkey5 :monkey5

I think most of these will be sold locally in stores, etc, so being an online type guy, we're on the right track..right?

BTW, the site will have massive changes right before preorder starts..

The thing is sunohc, I can't settle down. Not till I have one. :lol

I guess it isn't that bad. Knowing I will need the money upfront means I will most likely have to forego purchasing the GoD Bruce, for the one I like the most. The one with the rooted hair. It is probably fate telling me to pass for now and wait more patiently.

There is no need to taunt me, by the way, I can kick myself, harder than you can from there.:monkey5

Yeah I think it is the EtD. It is just that much more visually appealing to me.

I have been having a think about having to pay up front, and I don't think it fair. Not at all. If there is a delay, and if there is a problem you miss your three month dead line in lodging a complaint with your credit card company, and way over the Paypal deadline. That's a few if's I spose, but still, things happen, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Enterbay should take these things into account. I guess they are looking to have the lowest short term loan to cover the gap.

Concerning prices. Have a look at this. It'll make you laugh.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Bruce-Lee-18-Figure_W0QQitemZ120008501278QQihZ002QQ
categoryZ38261QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-18-MINT-MINT-BOX-Bruce-LEE-Art-Asylum-Figur
e_W0QQitemZ140010274483QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I picked up mine for $55. That's Australian dollars. About US$45.

creecher said:
Yeah I think it is the EtD. It is just that much more visually appealing to me.

I have been having a think about having to pay up front, and I don't think it fair. Not at all. If there is a delay, and if there is a problem you miss your three month dead line in lodging a complaint with your credit card company, and way over the Paypal deadline. That's a few if's I spose, but still, things happen, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Enterbay should take these things into account. I guess they are looking to have the lowest short term loan to cover the gap.

Concerning prices. Have a look at this. It'll make you laugh.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Bruce-Lee-18-Figure_W0QQitemZ120008501278QQihZ002QQ
categoryZ38261QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-18-MINT-MINT-BOX-Bruce-LEE-Art-Asylum-Figur
e_W0QQitemZ140010274483QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I picked up mine for $55. That's Australian dollars. About US$45.

Lol, yeah I agree! They should put that paypal policy into account. They still have time to reconsider. A DAY TO RECONSIDER!

Yeah, that 18" BL for $3000+ is bloody ridiculous~!

the seller said that he saw one sold for $3000.00 the other week, hahah
i was like "oh really" hahahha
I got mine for $35.

Back