Got my boxed Hot Toys Hicks signed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, awesome to get your Hot Toys Hicks signed by Michael Biehn! I agree with all of you guys! Michael Biehn has been one of my favorites since I first saw him in the Terminator as Kyle Reese. I'm a HUGE fan of ALIENS, and have the massive Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set. I've watched everything about ALIENS in that set, and the extended editon of ALIENS is the best version in my eyes. I am familiar with Michael Biehn replacing James Remar at short notice for ALIENS. I know Remar's work too...but Biehn IS Hicks to me! I could never see anyone else playing him. I'm painting a custom head for Hicks for the Hot Toys 12 inch figure. I plan on replacing the head since my custom one I got from seller tk570 Lonnie Hale on eBay blows away Hot Toys's attempt at Biehn's likeness. Check out eBay seller "tk570" auctions now on eBay to see his great custom heads for Hicks, Hudson and Ripley. I've enjoyed Michael Biehn in all of his roles on TV and in the movies. I've seen everything he's done and would love to meet him someday! Wow you are so lucky to have met him! I agree that Michael Biehn just like Bruce Campbell (I did get to meet him), is underrated. He's a terrific actor who always turns in quality work I enjoy in every role I see him in. He's one of my all-time favorites too! Check out my avatar on this board of Corporal Dwayne Hicks...."stay frosty"!

Yeah, Remar is a great character actor in his own right but would have brought a harder, more hard-edged characterization to the role of Hicks. Michael Biehn was born to play that role. He's just so layed back and cool that you knew he was gonna make it (until Alien3 that is). Biehn is one of my all-time favorite actors and sadly underrated. The guy is just the epitome of cool.

I agree with the "epitome of cool" for Michael Biehn. Yeah, and I agree with very underrated and overlooked. Just another great actor that got swept under the rug. But he has still managed to turn in great performances in every role he has done. I have seen James Remar in most of his roles, and yes, he would have brought a harder edge to Hicks. But the way Biehn played Hicks...is perfect. I love the way he delivered his lines, and the little undercurrent of sexual attraction between him and Ripley. If curcumstaces were different maybe they would have ended up together...with Newt as their adopted daughter. Well, that would be in a "perfect world". Not so in the screwed up world of the aliens. I'm still very angry for the way Hicks and Newt and even Bishop were quickly killed off in the beginning of Alien 3 to this day! I wish James Cameron would have directed Alien 3, and the story would have been much different and much better I am sure. Yeah, David Fincher is a talented director, as he proved with the movie Seven after he'd directed Alien 3. I still feel like after the whole struggle throughout ALIENS that all the hard work they did with the story to save Newt, Hicks, Ripley and Bishop, it was just thrown away to make Alien 3. That's my humble opinon as a HUGE fan of ALIENS!

I love Alien3. I'm glad they took it a different direction. Sucks about Hicks but it was better than doing a rehash of Aliens. S#!t happens, people die. That's life.

Ummm yeah...different direction is fine. But not the way David Fincher did it in my book. You say you liked it that's fine. That's your opinion. My opinion is I did not like it. I wasn't asking for a rehash of ALIENS, and I'm sure that James Cameron would not have redone or rehashed ALIENS if he'd been able to do ALIEN 3.

What I love about the series is that each one has a different director with a different vision yet they all are part of a cohesive narrative... except for Resurrection which just sucks Predator balls. I thought Alien3 is a sorely unappreciated masterpiece. I love Aliens but I would have been bored if it was just another Alien shoot-em-up. Alien3 has atmosphere and style and Fincher definitely made it his own.

Sure I agree with you that each different director for each of the Alien movies definitely put their stamp on it. Ridley's Scott masterful direction of the original ALIEN set the bar very high. James Cameron followed up Scott's lead, and blew out the back doors of the theater with ALIENS. Yes, I and my best friend nearly walked out of the theater after Hicks, Newt and Bishop were "offed" in the first few minutes of ALIEN 3, but we stayed and watched it all. I agree that Fincher definitley made Alien 3 his own, even though I heard he was under incredible pressure from Fox since it was his first movie as a director. I thought Alien Resurrection was good. I loved characters like Johner (Ron Pearlman who would later be Hellboy),and Christie (Gary Dourdan before he was a C.S.I.). I'd never heard of the french director who did Alien Resurrection, but I still liked it. I have the HUGE Alien Quadrilogy box set of DVDs, and love all of the extras and the ability to see both the theatrical edition and extended editions of each of the 4 movies.

James Cameron called Alien3's offing of Hicks and Newt a slap in the face of fans who'd invested in characters he created.

Thank You Johnny! I agree with Cameron about that 100%! As I said in my earlier post on this thread...my best friend and I both nearly walked out of the theater right after they were killed off! I listened to Cameron's audio commentary on the ALIENS extended edition DVD in my Alien Quadrilogy set. ALIENS will always be my favorite of the ALIEN movies. Hands down. I don't wanna open up a "can of worms" again with dekadentdave about ALIEN 3. :monkey4 So...I'm just going to leave it at that. ALIENS = my favorite

ALIEN 3 = disappointing....to say the least....my least favorite of all of the ALIEN movies. That is MY opinion that I am entitled to have. Thank you very much! :D

I really like Alien3.Great looking,solid acting,great effects,really cool creature design.I was just a little gutted that they killed off the survivors from Aliens.Makes the ending of Aliens a little void.

Back