Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of my 18'' kenner alien when i was just a little worm...:monkey2

Still have one. It's not the one I had as a kid. My mom also threw it out because the head glowing in the dark scared me. But I found another at a vintage toy place in perfect condition the same year A3 came out. Comparitively it sucks, but it's so classic and an icon of my childhood.

Here it is next to the vastly superior NECA:
HPIM2718.jpg

Still have one. It's not the one I had as a kid. My mom also threw it out because the head glowing in the dark scared me. But I found another at a vintage toy place in perfect condition the same year A3 came out. Comparitively it sucks, but it's so classic and an icon of my childhood.

This Alien figure, The Kenner Stretch Monster,The mattel Kraken from COTT were my favorite toys as a kid...:rock

Here it is next to the vastly superior NECA:
HPIM2718.jpg

For a toy from 1979 it was wayyy ahead of its time details wise...

This Alien figure, The Kenner Stretch Monster,The mattel Kraken from COTT were my favorite toys as a kid...:rock

i had that at one time....it was totally bad ass. sadly it broke down & started oozing gel so i pitched it.....:monkey2. i kept the head for a long time but eventually it got lost.

edit:........badass
stretchmonster2.jpg

20090717_b44ac948ce232a85ce8ePWSKHi.jpg

Paint work looks fantastic!!!!

Credit to toy-world.com.hk

Good lord the paint is totally WRONG! :monkey2 He should be dark gray. The brown makes him look like the one from from Alien3.

So they will fix the Predator height and give the Giger Alien the proper paint color next time. That's !@#!# up.

I'm very impressed by the body, but the paintjob and "face" area like others have pointed out... they're off. I think just a better paintjob would make the overall thing better though.

Well, maybe it isn't a poor paintjob as much as an odd choice of color. :p

Finally!
Looks very nice!
The face is off, especially the mouth and the eye sockets, but the body looks great. It seems from the pic that the torso is a separate piece from the mid-riff? That would be different form the way they've made their aliens yet.
I'm kinda miffed that they didn't get the face right, but this is better than I expected. Now we need a full body pic to see the proportions and especially the legs, they're a very important part of the overall look and proportions.

As for the color, well, first off, that's not a very good photo, it's with flash; and on top of that, it's very difficult to say for certain how the paint scheme was exactly on the prop suit. It was repainted daily by Giger and lit in different ways by Scott. But for what it's worth, it looks very good to me. Miles better than the blue crap fest the Aliens version was...

alien1d0og9sf.jpg

original_1979_alien.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back