Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that Medicom and Neca got it right and Hot Toys didn't.

alienmedicom2.jpg

classicAlien2.jpg

alienmedicom2.jpg

classicAlien2.jpg

If it's the mouth you're talking about, although the overall shape is right on the Medi-alien, the details are pretty off. And on the NECA the shape of the dome is off and it lacks the underbite, although the look and details are great.

The prop suit I posted was to showcase the color only, that is not a hero suit or head, it's the stunt suit, so the proportions are all wonky.

Dear Hot Toys,

The Giger Alien is not Brown. Thank you.

What Brown can do for you...

20090717_b44ac948ce232a85ce8ePWSKHi.jpg

No, I'm talking about the color. Should be dark gray with "minor" rustic brown detailing.

It's "What can Brown do for you?" Get it right or a Teamsters member will file a grievance.

:lol My quote was an original quote and not in the form of a question. Not in any way a comparison, satire, or in any way to be confused with the Excellent UPS Organization Slogan. Thank you.

:lol My quote was an original quote. Not in any way a comparison, satire, or in any way to be confused with the Excellent UPS Organization Slogan. Thank you.

UPS-Drivers-C.jpg

:lol My quote was an original quote and not in the form of a question. Not in any way a comparison, satire, or in any way to be confused with the Excellent UPS Organization Slogan. Thank you.

Yeah, sure, okay, buddy.

I'm not personally offended, or anything. I used to be a manager at UPS. Hated the us vs them attitude of the union. Did nothing but breed laziness. I wasn't defending it. I was helping make fun of it.

As others have said, the body sculpting is excellent, but the colouring is wrong, and the face and dome are just awful!

What a shame.

I would rather have a final scene Ripley in space suit myself. An amazing Giger Alien sounds so cool but it seems as if it's a little tough to pull off... at least to Freak standards.

alienmedicom2.jpg

classicAlien2.jpg

Yeah, too bad the height's off for both of those if you want them to fit in with a 12" collection.

I'll hold off until I see more pics (hopefully it's just flash photography), but what I'm really concerned with is the idea of this ripping/breaking down the road, with what I've heard of with other HT Alien figures...

Again I was referring to the color not the scale or the sculpting but as Wor-Gar said the shoulders are off and the dome is not accurate.

I prefer the Medicom one.

I do as well. Mostly due to the coloring, and I am buying the primarily burnt umber HCG 1:1, but on the smaller figures I personally prefer a more black tone. If the medi was not so small, I would already have one in my collection. Still, I'll probably still get this hot toys version to go with my Dallas & Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back