Kotobukiya Venom Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That very well may be so but....... screw busts! :lol
An screw GG for wasting their talent on them.

Hey!!! Old collectors like me, know how to appreciate the beauty of a mini-bust. They were here before full size statues came around. A Gentle Giant's bust at more than half the price of a koto (same scale, no legs) have a much better sculpt, detail and paint application. Just saying!:lecture

Last edited:
Hey!!! Old collectors like me, know how to appreciate the beauty of a mini-bust. They were here before full size statues came around. A Gentle Giant's bust at more than half the price of a koto (same scale, no legs) have a much better sculpt, detail and paint application. Just saying!:lecture

No need to justify your likes...collecting is collecting and we each have our own likes and dislikes. Busts, mini busts, action figures, comics...whatever it is collect what you like and do it for yourself not just because of rarity or potential future resell value. :)

Hey not saying you can't like busts :1-1:
I personally don't and I remember when GG did nice full statues, LotR animaquettes, Dragonkind, Kneeling Vader and the Guards.....:monkey2

This is such an awesome sculpt and will look great with Spidey. It will probably take seeing it in person before I pull the trigger, though. With prices on the rise for Spidey, I may just sell him and move on to something else and wait for a larger piece from SS.

This one looks amazing and is right around the scale I prefer :clap. I'm definitely considering it. Can anyone provide some links to some good online retailers? I've been out of the loop for a while

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Patriot. I also just realized there was a spiderman piece that goes with this on the first page. Looks very well done! I need to go hunt that down.

Thanks for the link Patriot. I also just realized there was a spiderman piece that goes with this on the first page. Looks very well done! I need to go hunt that down.

Yes you do. It's an incredible statue that is made to be paired with it. I have one and can easily tell you it's a phenomenal piece. Very dynamic. Unfortunately, finding one at a reasonable price is getting harder. Try and score one soon. Prices have only been going up on the Koto Spidey.

Auction on Spidey ended at $358 this weekend. First Magneto, now Spidey. Who knew Koto's would appreciate quicker than Sideshow. :rotfl

what scale is this? if this is 1/6 I might grab this...will look good next to my master replica spidey

I'm considering this so I can place with it the upcoming Hulk, which I have on preorder. I would've like to have the Koto Spiderman, but he's going for way too much nowadays. I saw the one that recently ended on eBay too. Congrats to that seller. I think Venom would look pretty cool with Hulk. If not with anyone else, then by himself, for sure. It's a sweet statue, no doubt.

Steven

Auction on Spidey ended at $358 this weekend. First Magneto, now Spidey. Who knew Koto's would appreciate quicker than Sideshow. :rotfl

Nice! I bought the Spidey right on the cusp of sell out near end of April for $190 :yess:

However I totally missed out on the Magneto and I really want him too.

Nice! I bought the Spidey right on the cusp of sell out near end of April for $190 :yess:

However I totally missed out on the Magneto and I really want him too.

I was very lucky and scored them both for under retail. $170 for Spidey and $168 for Mags. I'm soooo glad I'm not looking for either of them now. Not having them wouldn't be an option for me. I think that both statues are the very best of those characters in that scale. I have both mixed in with my Bowen pieces and they look great in the collection.

I was very lucky and scored them both for under retail. $170 for Spidey and $168 for Mags. I'm soooo glad I'm not looking for either of them now. Not having them wouldn't be an option for me. I think that both statues are the very best of those characters in that scale. I have both mixed in with my Bowen pieces and they look great in the collection.

I am also glad to own both pieces. I paid $190 for Magneto and $200 for Spidey (with all shipping charges included).

Back