LOST- Sawyer Commission- Chris Howes (Any interest?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenRoss

Super Freak
Reaction score
--Edited with the latest info from Chris, go down this first post to see it--.

Well, I have talked to Chris Howes and he is willing to sculpt a Sawyer (from tv show LOST) 1/6 headsculpt if there´s enough interest.

It will be a little while before he can start but I´m posting this to see if we can get at least 10 people interested so we can make this happen.

If you wanna see other previous work from Chris, check his personal website. Also, have a look at Kuato's amazing paint work on Chris´Joker and Mad Max heads here: Kuato's Paint work

Details:
sawyer.jpg

We haven´t decided which reference photos we want Chris to use so discussion regarding that is welcome, you can post your pics/suggestions. I guess nobody wants a smiling Sawyer like the one we got from McFarlane, but not sure if everybody wants a pissed off Sawyer: https://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060922/122853__sawyer_l.jpg or this one: https://z.about.com/d/lost/1/0/S/P/-/-/Sawyer-gun.jpg or something more normal like this: https://gaviotah.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/sawyer.jpg

Or maybe this: https://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1382/fotozone28650nk5.jpg
Lol, just kidding here ;)

So just post your suggestions and we will choose the expression most of us prefer.

Prices:
$20.00 per head plus shipping.

Painting is an additional $35.00 per head.

The list so far :):
1)vader
2)Vold
3)ArtDamage
4)YoNoSe
5)cdn_rhino
6)vujk
7)metaphorge
8)UTtoyfan
9)Div Devlin
10)Eagle_MP
11)Dashopkinsfan
12)JediMike71
13)ChibiSchmoo
14)

Payment: (Latest info from Chris Howes)

Howdy!

Let's lock this one in and get it into the schedule. I'm going to take a leap of faith.... I'm betting that we can get just a few more folks to fill out the numbers to 15 by the time I get to sculpting this. So, I'm going to go ahead and grant this the discount price. Help me out and spread the word. And help me, too, by getting your payments in for this one...... it will make me feel I've made a good decision by giving the discount! If, by some chance, we don't eventually make 15 I'll eat the loss...... but you get a bargain regardless!

Here's the standard info to make orders official:

The precast discount for this head is $20.00 per head plus $5.00 shipping in the USA, $7.00 international for up to 4 heads. Neck drilling, for those who can't do it themselves, is $5.00 per head. After casting begins the full price of $35.00 goes into effect.

My PayPal and order address is [email protected]
Please send me an official order email with the subject of "Sawyer". Include the following:

1) Screen name
2) Real name
3) Shipping address
4) Number of heads
5) Neck drilled for small neck joint adapter, Y or N
6) Painted by Kuato (first 10 get discount price for painting, full price thereafter)

I will make a chart as orders come in.

So, for one unpainted head, drilled, shipped to the US it would be $30.00

If you want Kuato to paint yours I will send it to him directly saving you a shipping charge. You will only have to pay shipping to Kuato.

One head sent to Kuato, drilled, shipped to US would be $25.00 to me then you would pay Kuato directly for his paint app. Please don't pay him quite yet! He requests payment as the head is done and I'm ready to send them to him.

Thanks!

Chris Howes

Last edited:
I'm in if we reach the required threshold to get the price down to $20 :)

Ada chan did a sawyer didn't she. alot of her stuff looks 'off' though.

I own Ada's Sawyer and it's not her best work. I never felt compelled to finish painting it. Her John Locke is excellent, though (aside from my WIP paint) -
locke1.jpg

Sign me up! :rock

Yeah, Ada´s work on Sawyer wasn´t as great as I would have liked it to be. I bought Locke and Jack from her but passed on Sawyer so I really need one for my 1/6 LOST collection. I think Chris will do a great work :)

List updated!

KarenRoss -
It might help this cause if you cross-promote on other 1/6 boards like OSW and/or MWD. I suggested this on another commission thread, you may wanna consider it, too.

KarenRoss -
It might help this cause if you cross-promote on other 1/6 boards like OSW and/or MWD. I suggested this on another commission thread, you may wanna consider it, too.

Yeah, I already posted this on the OSW board, we´ve got some people interested there.
I´m not a member of any other similar board so I just didn´t want to join one only to post about this just in case it was considered like spam or something. :confused:

Put me down for one! I would be inclined to go for the more of a pissed of Sawyer look. But whatever the group decides is good enough for me.

Hey!

Looks like this is picking up steam.... Excellent!

I'll start getting some reference together, and any reference all of you could post would be appreciated. Also, any thoughts about the approach?

For those of you who may not know who I am, check out my website, CHowes.com, and you can see the Figures.com interview with me by clicking on the link in my signature. Also, have a look at Kuato's amazing paint work on my Joker and Mad Max heads here: Kuato's Paint work

In brief, I'm a pro toy sculptor with 20 years experience who just recently got into the custom world. It's likely you've seen or even owned my work since I've had the privilege of working on many of the top properties through the years like Star Wars, Star Trek, Jurassic Park, Austin Powers, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Wizard of Oz, ID4, Xena, Hercules, etc. Too many to list here.

So, I bring pro quality sculpts to custom collectors at the best prices you can find!

But enough with the annoying self promotion! :D

I'd love to add Sawyer to my growing collection of heads I offer and if we just get a few more people we can get the precast discount price down to $20.00!

First choice for me as far as expressions go would be this one he always does:

412Lost_Teaser.jpg

sawyer.png

Second choice would be an angry Sawyer along the lines of this:

sawyer.jpg

I'd like the expression to be Determined leaning towards Pissed. I'll look for some ref later. Just nothing too crazy like clenched teeth.
Also, Sawyer sometimes rocks the samurai hair. I know it's not as typical as the grungy, in the face look but maybe for sculpting aesthetic we should consider it? Just a thought.
I'm easy like Sunday morning. :)

List updated!!

Second choice would be an angry Sawyer along the lines of this:

sawyer.jpg

My choice would be either that angry look or this one:

I think for a headsculpt the second (more natural/neutral) look would be better... but for me the perfect thing would be having a neutral headsculpt and an angry variant, lol Yeah I know I ask too much :monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back