LOST- Sawyer Commission- Chris Howes (Any interest?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own Ada's Sawyer and it's not her best work. I never felt compelled to finish painting it. Her John Locke is excellent, though (aside from my WIP paint) -
locke1.jpg

Sign me up! :rock

Ada's really isn't that bad. It does appear that yours is her first version that came out on the small side. She did a redo on him to put him in the proper scale. Sizing was bit of a problem for her, and, she doesn't take criticism too well. When I pointed out some discrepencies to her she decided to kick me off her mailing list. And I have over 25 of her sculpts. :confused:

Ada's really isn't that bad. It does appear that yours is her first version that came out on the small side. She did a redo on him to put him in the proper scale. Sizing was bit of a problem for her, and, she doesn't take criticism too well. When I pointed out some discrepencies to her she decided to kick me off her mailing list. And I have over 25 of her sculpts. :confused:

Yeah, I received his Jack and Locke headsculpts some days ago. Those are supposed to be in the proper scale and when I asked before buying them, Ada said they would look well on a Hot Toys body.

Fact is they look a little bit small, at least on a Hot Toys body, dunno how they would look on a Dragon one (does anybody know?) So I told Ada they look small and she just said something like "look small is subjective, I won´t amend those headsculpts because sales are not well"

I could tell a few reasons why her sales aren´t well... :banghead

Hate to take my name out of this, but I just don't have the money to get this guy painted, and buy a true type for him, and order a costume. I'm sorry to all.

Hey guys, I updated the first post with Chris´Paypal address as we already reached the minimum of 10.

If we eventually get to 15 he has told me he will do some refunds, so keep spreading the word!

All the info is on the first post, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact me or Chris.

Thanks!

Howdy!

Let's lock this one in and get it into the schedule. I'm going to take a leap of faith.... I'm betting that we can get just a few more folks to fill out the numbers to 15 by the time I get to sculpting this. So, I'm going to go ahead and grant this the discount price. Help me out and spread the word. And help me, too, by getting your payments in for this one...... it will make me feel I've made a good decision by giving the discount! If, by some chance, we don't eventually make 15 I'll eat the loss...... but you get a bargain regardless!

Here's the standard info to make orders official:

The precast discount for this head is $20.00 per head plus $5.00 shipping in the USA, $7.00 international for up to 4 heads. Neck drilling, for those who can't do it themselves, is $5.00 per head. After casting begins the full price of $35.00 goes into effect.

My PayPal and order address is [email protected]
Please send me an official order email with the subject of "Sawyer". Include the following:

1) Screen name
2) Real name
3) Shipping address
4) Number of heads
5) Neck drilled for small neck joint adapter, Y or N
6) Painted by Kuato (first 10 get discount price for painting, full price thereafter)

I will make a chart as orders come in.

So, for one unpainted head, drilled, shipped to the US it would be $30.00

If you want Kuato to paint yours I will send it to him directly saving you a shipping charge. You will only have to pay shipping to Kuato.

One head sent to Kuato, drilled, shipped to US would be $25.00 to me then you would pay Kuato directly for his paint app. Please don't pay him quite yet! He requests payment as the head is done and I'm ready to send them to him.

Thanks!

I hate to do this, but I need to drop out. Kindly remove me from the list.

I will move this through to customs/commissions now, maybe you will get more in there.
Shell
x :peace

List updated.

Please guys, I know things change and money is spent and such but if you commit to buy something like this and once the sculptor has agreed to sculpt the figure and time comes to pay, you decide you don´t want/can´t afford it, it´s the sculptor and other people who have commited to buy who pay for it (even in a literal way).

So I don´t mind taking people off the list but please, try to make sure you want something and will have the money to pay before asking to get your names on the list. We were closed to the 15 to have the price dropped to $20, then Chris kindly accepted to offer the discount price even though we hadn´t reached the minimum, because we were closed to it, so I think he deserves us to stick to what we decided. At least that´s what I think.

Really, no problem if people want their names off, I know you don´t do it on purpose but because you really need to but I just feel bad for Chris after all he´s done, that´s all... >.<

List updated.

Please guys, I know things change and money is spent and such but if you commit to buy something like this and once the sculptor has agreed to sculpt the figure and time comes to pay, you decide you don´t want/can´t afford it, it´s the sculptor and other people who have commited to buy who pay for it (even in a literal way).

So I don´t mind taking people off the list but please, try to make sure you want something and will have the money to pay before asking to get your names on the list. We were closed to the 15 to have the price dropped to $20, then Chris kindly accepted to offer the discount price even though we hadn´t reached the minimum, because we were closed to it, so I think he deserves us to stick to what we decided. At least that´s what I think.

Really, no problem if people want their names off, I know you don´t do it on purpose but because you really need to but I just feel bad for Chris after all he´s done, that´s all... >.<

Hey! It's OK, don't worry about it! I'm sure we'll pick up a few more once we show him off, so I will survive and I'm willing to take the risk. :D I said I would grant the discount and I will stick to my word. That being said, I hope everyone else can stay on board because it will certainly make it easier for me, but I understand how life can change in an instant making it hard to justify spending money on some things.

So, everyone, if you can let anyone you know this head is coming I'd appreciate it. I'm confident we'll find a few more folks.

In the mean time, here is payment info. Please do pay as soon as possible for you so we can really lock this one in and ease things for me a bit. Thanks, guys!

It's time to lock this project into the schedule and start the official order process.

The precast discount is $20.00 per head plus $5.00 shipping in the USA, $7.00 international for up to 4 heads. After casting begins the full price of $35.00 goes into effect. So, please let anyone else you may know who might be interested that they can get in at the discount rate if they get on board before casting.

My PayPal and order address is [email protected]
Please send me an official order email with the subject of "Sawyer". This allows me to keeptrack of orders and stay organized. Include the following:

1) Screen name
2) Real name
3) Shipping address
4) Number of heads
5) Neck drilled for small neck joint adapter, Y or N
6) Painted by Kuato

I will make a chart as orders come in.

So, for one unpainted head, drilled, shipped to the US it would be $30.00, international would be $32.00.

Kuato has kindly agreed to grant a painting discount to the first 10 orders for all my commissions, $30.00 + shipping! First come, first serve. After 10 the price returns to his normal $45.00 + shipping. Please check out his amazing paint work on my Jokers here: KUATO

If you want Kuato to paint yours I will send it to him directly saving you a shipping charge. You will only have to pay shipping to Kuato.

One head sent to Kuato, drilled, shipped to US would be $25.00 to me then you would pay Kuato directly for his paint app. Please don't pay him quite yet! He requests payment as the head is done and I'm ready to send them to him.

Thanks!

Up!
There are still some payments who haven´t been received yet so please send them to Chris so he can start working on the headsculpt, I´m sure it´s gonna look awesome! :)

Oh hell... put me down! Only if we get a Juliet Burke head next :D Hey KR - how's it going?

This is another tempting custom...a good 1/6th Swayer would be great. I would also LOVE a Ben and a John Locke. I will have to keep this one in mind. I might be down.

Almost there guys!!

Chris just let me know he will start working on this pretty soon, hopefully within the next 2 weeks if everything goes as planed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back