More news from ebay.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if your DSR's are below 4.3 (for the last 30 days), you won't be allowed to sell!

I had to sit back and seriously laugh at this one. Ebay is already hurting compared to Amazon and they go and pull crap that will lessen their seller base even more! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I never did understand corporate Ebay's logic on anal-reaming the sellers and making everything sided towards the buyers. Ebay doesnt make jack ^^^^ off of a buyer, it's the sellers listing fees and FVFs that bring in all Ebays money.

Goodbye Ebay

I'd love to see Ebay pull a dot com of the 90's and the void be filled with a bunch of small upstart competitors that would fight for our (sellers) business rather than forcing us to bend over and grab our ankles.

geez and i didn't think they get any worse than the last changes. and here i was gonna start selling most of my comic collection. so where's a good alternative venue?

I'd love to see Ebay pull a dot com of the 90's and the void be filled with a bunch of small upstart competitors that would fight for our (sellers) business rather than forcing us to bend over and grab our ankles.

What are some of the other auction sites out there? Do they have the traffic that ebay has?

Next Town Hall - Friday August 22 1:30 – 3:00 PST

Please join us for our next Town Hall audio event with Lorrie Norrington, eBay's President of Marketplace Operations.

Date: Friday August 22nd from 1:30 - 3:00 PST.

About Town Halls
Our audio Town Hall events offer you the opportunity to have your questions answered by eBay and PayPal leaders. We love to hear from you! Phone our toll-free number during the event -- 1-877-474-3302 -- to ask your question on the air.

Alternatively, you can email your question, now or during the event, to [email protected]. Keep your emails short and to the point, and we will do our best to answer your question on the air.

Not to mention the way USPS handles what THEY consider to be over sized.

I think that has completely gotten out of hand. The majority of my packages seem always be hit with the Dimensional Weight Surcharge.

Also, I'm starting to get ^^^^^ed at by the USPS counter associates because I print my postage online (via paypal w/discount) but I'll ask for a PM label or Customs Pouch at the counter.

I think that has completely gotten out of hand. The majority of my packages seem always be hit with the Dimensional Weight Surcharge.

Also, I'm starting to get ^^^^^ed at by the USPS counter associates because I print my postage online (via paypal w/discount) but I'll ask for a PM label or Customs Pouch at the counter.

Just go online and order some of the labels and pouches for free from USPS!

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/st...=11820&parent_category_rn=&top_category=11820

Another weakass move from eBay... I mean its not like anyone uses checks or MO on eBay (at least I haven't recieved one in over a year), but its so obviously a way for them keep the $$$ coming in.

Seriously annoyed with eBay, and I really don't like using them anymore. I was a big fan years ago, but they are making some really bad decisions.

Another weakass move from eBay... I mean its not like anyone uses checks or MO on eBay (at least I haven't recieved one in over a year), but its so obviously a way for them keep the $$$ coming in.

Seriously annoyed with eBay, and I really don't like using them anymore. I was a big fan years ago, but they are making some really bad decisions.

I just had an auction end where the buyer is using a money order because he doesn't use PayPal...

An observation I've made over going to a few toy/collectible shows over the years is the small/medium sellers are often the ones with the cool little odd and ends and rare stuff from their own personal collections to sell. The big dealers, the known heavy hitters, usually only have the new stuff and the prices are all about the same. A nice mix of both makes for a good shopping experience at a good toy show.

This is where I think Ebay is really being short sighted. If you drive off sellers, you are also driving off the ones who are listing items that are purely secondary market only items at a given time and place. If you want to find something that's been long sold out, what do other people tell you? "Check Ebay"

When you wipe out all the small to medium sellers, you are stuck with the mega sellers, who are probably moving the same stuff you can get elsewhere at about the same price because lots of them aren't dealing in purely secondary market items.

Looks like Ebay has set itself up for a good short term push ( people dumping out before all the changes take effect ) for this quarter but have probably hurt themselves over the long haul.

Looks like the changes hit the 16th of next month.

GG

Now would be an excellent time for a competing site to step up and market themselves as the place for collectibles/secondary market items.

Ebay has said they want to be more like Amazon - more new rules will favor buy it now and discourage auctions.

So it's time for someone else to step up and fill the niche that ebay is trying to claw their way out of.

Now would be an excellent time for a competing site to step up and market themselves as the place for collectibles/secondary market items.

Ebay has said they want to be more like Amazon - more new rules will favor buy it now and discourage auctions.

So it's time for someone else to step up and fill the niche that ebay is trying to claw their way out of.

Yeah, that's exactly what they are trying to do. Maybe you can answer you own question Dave... how about starting Freaksbay? :)

Back